ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell will be champs.

Back in 06 and 07 Hoilman was the quarterback and they ran out of the spread. The funny thing is I'm not even remotely a Mitchell fan and I know more about your team than you do. If you want to keep coming at me keep coming but I'm going to make you look like a fool
Wrong again. They ran the spread in 06 under head coach Charlie Snyder, Barnett took over in 07, and ran the power I out of a couple different sets.

Reactions: PBBear51
I think a lot of people misunderstood my original intent on saying Mitchell would be the state champions. Mitchell is a good team who will play in a very bad playoff bracket. That is if Mt Airy stays up. If you took Mitchell & Murphy out of that bracket I think a really good JV team could probably win it.

Listen up.Coming in to the season I thought Mitchell would run the same offense as Barnett did in 2011, Hughes and Pittmen are a lot alike each other. The. Wing t is holding Pittmen back

Just to clarify it is Pitman not Pittmen. In the offense that is holding him back he has 1162 total yards through 6 games. He was used very very little in a couple of those games due to the opponent and he was not needed. Pitman is averaging 8.3 yards per carry. One major difference between Pitman and Hughes is he is not asked to do as much. Several others are contributing.

Go Mountaineers.

Just to clarify it is Pitman not Pittmen. In the offense that is holding him back he has 1162 total yards through 6 games. He was used very very little in a couple of those games due to the opponent and he was not needed. Pitman is averaging 8.3 yards per carry. One major difference between Pitman and Hughes is he is not asked to do as much. Several others are contributing.

Go Mountaineers.
Hence the difference in coaching. Barnett ran Juggy to death when he had Josh McClellan and Michael Styles at his disposal...

Murphy will not go 1aa this year
NOBODY knows that..just because their numbers are lower than last year means nothing..The cut off line changes every year. It has more to do with which teams make the playoffs and which one doesn't

Just couldn't let it slide. I was on the 07 team coached by Barnett. Joe set the school record for passing yardage at I believe 3500+ and I was the first receiver in school history to eclipse 1000 yards.... we ran 4 wide 90% of the time with no huddle. We could score with anyone, just couldn't stop a runny nose on D. Got paired with eventual state champ, Lincolnton in the first round....not downing anyone, just thought I'd clear up some info.

Just couldn't let it slide. I was on the 07 team coached by Barnett. Joe set the school record for passing yardage at I believe 3500+ and I was the first receiver in school history to eclipse 1000 yards.... we ran 4 wide 90% of the time with no huddle. We could score with anyone, just couldn't stop a runny nose on D. Got paired with eventual state champ, Lincolnton in the first round....not downing anyone, just thought I'd clear up some info.

Welcome to the boards! Thanks for providing first hand factual information.

LET IT BE KNOWN A MITCHELL FAN DID NOT START THIS THREAD!!!

As Wormy has said no one from Mitchell is out beating their chest. I think the majority of Mitchell fans now understand how difficult it is to be champs. As Wormy mentioned matchups are hugh. I have heard this week that Mitchell may go 1aa due to larger freshman class. The West runs through the SMC until someone knocks them off.

Mitchell has a good ball club but I am interested in the Heritage game to see just how good.

Anyway

GO Mountaineers
He did the same thing when we played Greenville over on the 2a thread. That thread had like over a dozen pages with most being false accusations just to stir the pot. So yeah, your spot on.

Reactions: Swo_05

I remember you. Very good player.

Magnum you are wrong about the mountaineers, murphy is the best team in the West. Mitchell would be lucky to beat robbinsville.

Well murphy only beat us by 13 abd Robbinsville had 4 turnovers, 1 was in the endzone, another was in the redzone. So we might all be close.

Well murphy only beat us by 13 abd Robbinsville had 4 turnovers, 1 was in the endzone, another was in the redzone. So we might all be close.
That tells me Robbisville is very good 1a team. If murphy would have had all their players they would have destroy Pisgah, even gentry said that in local paper. Bro same thing I was saying love being right.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Got to think there is 4 or 5 teams that have the potential to win the west. We know Robbinsville and Cherokee will for sure be 1a. Mitchell, Murphy and Mt. Airy are usually on the bubble. I don't see all 3 dropping into 1a. 1 maybe 2 but not all 3. I watched the Rville - Murphy game and thought the better team won but the gap is not big. If they meet again and murphy has a bad game and makes mistakes, Robbinsville can beat them.

Magnum you are wrong about the mountaineers, murphy is the best team in the West. Mitchell would be lucky to beat robbinsville.
Murphy beat Franklin by 21 at home.Mitchell beat Franklin by 21 at home.so what makes Murphy so much better.i not even a Mitchell fan ,but i think they would give Murphy all they want
Got to think there is 4 or 5 teams that have the potential to win the west. We know Robbinsville and Cherokee will for sure be 1a. Mitchell, Murphy and Mt. Airy are usually on the bubble. I don't see all 3 dropping into 1a. 1 maybe 2 but not all 3. I watched the Rville - Murphy game and thought the better team won but the gap is not big. If they meet again and murphy has a bad game and makes mistakes, Robbinsville can beat them.

No doubt Mitchell could beat Murphy. I see them equal right now with Robbinsville and Cherokee just a step below. Some fans are saying Mt. Airy is dropping this year. That would shake things up for sure but their adm will have to really drop. I thought there was 5 or 6 teams between them an the cut off last year.

No doubt Mitchell could beat Murphy. I see them equal right now with Robbinsville and Cherokee just a step below. Some fans are saying Mt. Airy is dropping this year. That would shake things up for sure but their adm will have to really drop. I thought there was 5 or 6 teams between them an the cut off last year.
Not trying to start an argument but Mitchell's body of work as of now shows that they should be thought of as equal to murphy and above Robbinsville and Cherokee by quite a few steps.

Not trying to start an argument but Mitchell's body of work as of now shows that they should be thought of as equal to murphy and above Robbinsville and Cherokee by quite a few steps.
That was what I was trying to say. You have Murphy and Mitchell on tier 1 then Robbinsville and Cherokee on tier 2.
If I were picking today between Murphy and Mitchell, give me the home team by 3

That was what I was trying to say. You have Murphy and Mitchell on tier 1 then Robbinsville and Cherokee on tier 2.
I misread your post, I completely agree with your thought process.

The only time Mitchell would be seeing Murphy would be in the western final. And as much I love and support my Mountaineers, until they can prove they can win the big games, they will be the underdogs.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Who has Mitchell beat sorry Franklin and McDowell teams lol.

No matter who comes out of the west, the Hurricanes of Pamlico County will most likely be the team waiting. A heavy senoir laden team, with one of the best QBs in 1A running the show. They're undefeated right now with blowout wins over everyone they've faced thus far, including Washington County (formally Plymouth) and Ayden Grifton, two traditionally strong teams. They have a huge matchup with Tarboro Friday night. We'll see just how good this Hurricane team is!

If Thomas Jefferson’s the 1 seed, A Murphy/Mitchell showdown would be round 3. Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s how I see it as of right now.

It would be pretty cool for a robbinsville vs Murphy regional championship game If it falls that way. Old school big time smc game atmosphere
with the new playoff schedule the regional championship would be around Christmas Eve!!!! Long season. For those of you with the middle name “auto correct “ that was a joke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT