ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell will be champs.

So I am biased between Cherokee and Robbinsville? I have nothing to do with either program I just follow football and I know what I see. Give me some facts or get out of here okay.

If you follow football why does someone need to give you some facts? Your just talking to hear yourself.......

U dont know swat mag pie. Thats been settled.

I'm still waiting on an answer. This is a football forum right? Tell me what Robbinsville has done this season to make them so impressive. I realize Rosman is not that good but why does this guy think Robbinsville is so superior to them.

How about we wait until friday knight. Then you will have your facts.

How about we wait until friday knight. Then you will have your facts.

No I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Robbinsville blew Rosman out. No offense to Rossman but they just don't have very much to work with over there. I do respect their program though. My question that nobody seems to be able to answer is why should we think Robbinsville is so good this year and who have they beat that's impressive?

Reactions: 3daughters
That's what was said a few years ago also.
Its hard to Beat the dogs. Murphy has Some good Backs Like always.

No doubt that Murphy is a formidable opponent in small 1A. I just think Mitchell is a better team this year.

As a lifelong Mitchell fan I don’t see us as better than any of the top teams in the west. We are young and have lots of people in new spots. Until we get over the smc roadblock I as most Mountie fans will lay low

Reactions: Gentle Knight
As a lifelong Mitchell fan I don’t see us as better than any of the top teams in the west. We are young and have lots of people in new spots. Until we get over the smc roadblock I as most Mountie fans will lay low

Which teams are better than Mitchell in your opinion?

have a little confidence in your team buddy. There ain't nothing wrong with saying that you're the best team in the west if you are which right now Mitchell clearly is. These guys are on here clowning you for losing to a mediocre Cherokee team as they say. As long as you're talkin football and not breaking any not breaking any Forum rules you can say whatever you want to them.

Last edited:
Magnum45 is an A.C.Reynolds graduate who married, or is dating a girl from Yancey County, so he's using some reverse psychology in hoping that the kids from Mitchell will be reading this, and get the big head before his wife or girlfriend's Cougar team comes to Ledger next week with the WHC Championship likely on the line....

Mystery solved!

Magnum45 is an A.C.Reynolds graduate who married, or is dating a girl from Yancey County, so he's using some reverse psychology in hoping that the kids from Mitchell will be reading this, and get the big head before his wife or girlfriend's Cougar team comes to Ledger next week with the WHC Championship likely on the line....

Mystery solved!
RICK HAS SPOKEN! Can we please stop feeding what this guy is fishing for.

Reactions: PBBear51

Mystery solved!

Bahahahaha.... I have heard it all now. The one thing I haven't heard is anyone give me a reason why Mitchell is not the best 1A smal team.

By the way Mitchell will probably lose to Heritage anyways. That doesn't mean they're not the best 1A team in the West.

Who has Mitchell beat that's anygood?
Murphy fans will tell you that Robbinsville is the best team that they have beaten. We are not beating our chest claiming we've beat anyone that's anygood.. But as you like to say"I know football,and I know what a good team looks like"..I have personally been to and watched 14 State Championships... not other teams state championships but my teams state championships..How many have you been to and watched YOUR team play in? So yes ,as you like to say,I know a little bit about football and a good team when I see one.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
Who has Mitchell beat that's anygood?
Murphy fans will tell you that Robbinsville is the best team that they have beaten. We are not beating our chest claiming we've beat anyone that's anygood.. But as you like to say"I know football,and I know what a good team looks like"..I have personally been to and watched 14 State Championships... not other teams state championships but my teams state championships..How many have you been to and watched YOUR team play in? So yes ,as you like to day,I know a little bit about football and a good team when I see one.

I've been to hundreds and I have seen the best of the best, not just small 1a. I've literally seen the best high school football teams in the state every season for a long time. As for Murphy, who have they beat as well? My question is about football and the playoffs so let's stay on topic here. Tell me why you think Robbinsville could beat Mitchell. I don't care if you won a bunch of titles in the 80's, I'm talking about this season. Let's hear it.

I've been to hundreds and I have seen the best of the best, not just small 1a. I've literally seen the best high school football teams in the state every season for a long time. As for Murphy, who have they beat as well? My question is about football and the playoffs so let's stay on topic here. Tell me why you think Robbinsville could beat Mitchell. I don't care if you won a bunch of titles in the 80's, I'm talking about this season. Let's hear it.
You've been to hundreds of State Championship games.???LOL.Dang now I believe the 23 private messages I've got from other posters telling me you are a nut.
That you are. Don't expect me to reply to another post of yours. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but now I realize your elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor.BYE

have a little confidence in your team buddy. There ain't nothing wrong with saying that you're the best team in the west if you are which right now Mitchell clearly is. These guys are on here clowning you for losing to a mediocre Cherokee team as they say. As long as you're talkin football and not breaking any not breaking any Forum rules you can say whatever you want to them.

I think we're as good as we've been the last few years but football is all about matchups, i think last year we had beaten Cherokee several years in a row fairly easy and thought that game was over with before it started, year before last Murphy just kicked our tales, 3 years ago Wallace Rose Hill and 2 turnovers to start the game was just too much to overcome. I think we will make a run this year but it's all about the matchups.

magnum45 has probably had his butt kicked by somebody in the SMC, and his daddy had his butt kicked by Robbinsville back in the day. That's why he hates the SMC so much.

LET IT BE KNOWN A MITCHELL FAN DID NOT START THIS THREAD!!!

As Wormy has said no one from Mitchell is out beating their chest. I think the majority of Mitchell fans now understand how difficult it is to be champs. As Wormy mentioned matchups are hugh. I have heard this week that Mitchell may go 1aa due to larger freshman class. The West runs through the SMC until someone knocks them off.

Mitchell has a good ball club but I am interested in the Heritage game to see just how good.

Anyway

GO Mountaineers

That’s interesting wnc, I was hoping to see Mitchell this year , I’m hearing the bears are going small a , small freshman class

Hey magbum! Here is your chance. Dazzle us with your vast array of in-depth knowledge of why your picks are accurate. Enlighten us with the knowledge that can be gained only by going to hundreds of state championship games. Silence or broad based statements will not help educate us poor SMC fans.

Murphy and Mitchell are the top dogs in Western 1A...in September. If they stay healthy I don’t see any other teams knocking Murphy or Mitchell down.

Mt Airy is going small , take that to the bank
I dont know how you can say that when you or nobody else has a clue what other schools enrollments are going to be. I mean Im pretty sure Murphy is going small with an enrollment around 480 this year but I cant guarantee it.

It's too early to know who is going big or small unless it's an obvious situation. We know that large enrollment schools like Granville Central, Tarboro, North Rowan, East Surry, etc will for sure be 1AA and we know that small enrollment schools like Cherokee, Thomas Jefferson, Robbinsville, North Duplin, etc will for sure be 1A.

Schools like Murphy, Mitchell, Mt Airy, Lakewood, etc are going to be on the bubble. We don't even know which teams are going to make the playoffs yet, so it's impossible to know outside of the obvious.

Last edited:
I would bet a cold beer and a pot of pinto beans the Bears go small, would even go as far to bet mammas social security check and I sure do love my mamma , a cold bear a pot of pintos with a diced up onion and some chow chow. That should tell yhea how sure I am of the info I have. Doesn’t matter 1a or 1aa , the West comes thru Wallace Shelton this year. So boys I will see you all late November and early December.

Wow. Who wants a Champion that wants to play down. You sound very happy.

If numbers are true then who’s playing down?
2nd I said the west in 1a or 1aa goes thru Wallace Shelton this year. This team has enuff horse power on the offensive side of the ball to put a lot of points on anybody they play. Defense pretty good as well. Every thing is coming together under new coaching staff . Got 4 games to tune up for a home stand with East Surry and a playoff run.

MA was the 26th largest 1A school last year with 524. The cutoff was 6 teams below them with Rosewood being the last team in 1AA bracket with 509. Community School of Davidson was the largest school in 1A bracket with 499. I don't see MA going small unless 6+ schools gain students.

Last edited:
You've been to hundreds of State Championship games.???LOL.Dang now I believe the 23 private messages I've got from other posters telling me you are a nut.
That you are. Don't expect me to reply to another post of yours. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but now I realize your elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor.BYE

Let's see 4-6 title games a year. 25+ years of going to the the state title games. There you go. I will say the weakest teams I witnessed play in the title games were the last few from Robbinsville. I watched them play one year and Crest and Havelock played right after. The difference in talent was unreal.

LET IT BE KNOWN A MITCHELL FAN DID NOT START THIS THREAD!!!

As Wormy has said no one from Mitchell is out beating their chest. I think the majority of Mitchell fans now understand how difficult it is to be champs. As Wormy mentioned matchups are hugh. I have heard this week that Mitchell may go 1aa due to larger freshman class. The West runs through the SMC until someone knocks them off.

Mitchell has a good ball club but I am interested in the Heritage game to see just how good.

Anyway

GO Mountaineers

Grow a pair man. You have a great team and will most likely when state this year. These smc guys have clowned Mitchell for years. They made fun of them when they played murphy and cherokee. Don't cowl down to them.

Reactions: Swo_05
Let's see 4-6 title games a year. 25+ years of going to the the state title games. There you go. I will say the weakest teams I witnessed play in the title games were the last few from Robbinsville. I watched them play one year and Crest and Havelock played right after. The difference in talent was unreal.

Grow a pair man. You have a great team and will most likely when state this year. These smc guys have clowned Mitchell for years. They made fun of them when they played murphy and cherokee. Don't cowl down to them.

Once again....kids played in that championship. Those kids are proud of their rings and their work. You wanna try and discredit that away...that would make you a sorry adult...yikes.

Grow a pair man. You have a great team and will most likely when state this year. These smc guys have clowned Mitchell for years. They made fun of them when they played murphy and cherokee. Don't cowl down to them.[/QUOTE]

Trust me I am not cowling down to anyone, just showing the respect they have Earned. I do think Mitchell can go deep in the playoffs again this season but to say they are the favorites at this point, I'm just not sure.

Mitchell has been getting better every week and I hope they continue to do so. I will have a much better feel after the Heritage game. I do think that Mitchell is one of the better 1a teams in the state, but they are still young and don't have alot of depth. (most 1a schools don't). Having said that they depend heavily on the few seniors they have.

Regardless of the seasons outcome, I for one will continue to enjoy this team as I have Mitchell teams for more years than I care to remember.

Go Mountaineers

I would think 4A talent would be vastly different than 1A. You are talking about quadruple the enrollment....goodness your “knowledge” is becoming weaker with every post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT