ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Draughn

Who wins?

• Draughn

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • Mitchell

Votes: 32 43.2%

• Total voters
And a very good kicker he is! That kid has D1 talent as a kicker or punter. Stake my paycheck to that.
Yeah he is and I thought the same thing even as a punter. Even though there were other times even in the last Draughn game that they should have let him try a field goal they finally did in the last game he hit a 35 yard one. According to MaxPreps his kickoffs average is 54.7 yards the national average is 38. Punting he averages 43.9 (long of 60) national average is 31.8.
Plus he's run for 1,202 yards so pretty good athlete. And yes he's a transfer lol

Just so we are clear here BK, I guess you live in Valdese, know where each player lives and therefore that makes you the resident expert on all things Draughn. Got it. Everyone, welcome BK, he is now the resident expert on all things Draughn. If you have any questions, please float them his way. He will be here the rest of the year, or until Robbinsville gets bounced from the playoffs.
BK stands outside robbinsville high school with a sign " NO TRANSERS ACCEPTED" unless you have drove through graham county before. Then it's ok

You silly.
Just so we are clear here BK, I guess you live in Valdese, know where each player lives and therefore that makes you the resident expert on all things Draughn. Got it. Everyone, welcome BK, he is now the resident expert on all things Draughn. If you have any questions, please float them his way. He will be here the rest of the year, or until Robbinsville gets bounced from the playoffs.
Until all charters and open enrollment teams get bounced.

I'm not deflecting. I'm just saying it's the pot calling the kettle black when you accept transfers with open arms and then bash teams who have them.
Bk, he makes a valid point here. Starting to make you sound like the Democratic Party these days. Rules for the but not for me!!

Reactions: sbbbfan
I'm not deflecting. I'm just saying it's the pot calling the kettle black when you accept transfers with open arms and then bash teams who have them.
A back up once in a while isn't the same as five starts. You know that. I've never said one word about Andrews best playing living in another district because I don't think that's stacking the deck. It's happens but open enrollment is total different.

PS the only one I can think of is JK the wrestler that moved here in middle school from Andrews.

Reactions: Purple1995
Heard from a parent game time remains Friday at 7:30
Right now with this ever changing forecast you might as well at the moment it's shows Thursday going from 80% to 100% into Friday then moving out sometime that night so right now Friday looks better than Thursday. As I've mentioned the only day that looks like for sure you're not going to get wet is Saturday.

Counties have different rules?
Does that county have open enrollment?
Now BK, there you go disappointing me, and especially after I introduced you as the resident expert of Draughn...you would think that with all you know about Draughn you would be able to answer that question.

That’s the problem with schools like that playing in the small town football league

Right now with this ever changing forecast you might as well at the moment it's shows Thursday going from 80% to 100% into Friday then moving out sometime that night so right now Friday looks better than Thursday. As I've mentioned the only day that looks like for sure you're not going to get wet is Saturday.
Oh I agree 100% with the changing forecast. Only issue with Friday and Saturday is saturated fields. I looked earlier in the office and Morganton was projected to get approximately 2 inches or more from late Thurs through all day Friday. Let's just hope they are all wrong.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Plus if you watch their film which I haven't seen the Mitchell game but I've seen another one. They're not very good. So either Mitchell is bad. Or they just had a bad game. The film I saw of the boys from Burke county I was unimpressed. Not fast. Big but not strong. The running back does look impressive. The receivers they're not getting open against athletes. They're just not. So it'll be a long day for the QB. I'm sure Thomasville hopes they get them. So the Mitchell team must have been really bad this year? I haven't seen them play. Because the Mitchell team that I saw play Mount airy last year was bringing it. I hope that Stan doesn't take this to heart too much and start writing more letters.
They lost 5 great starters 4 played both ways, and a couple more that helped alot it's a different team than last season

For the love of the Good Lord let's hush about transfers, honestly I think I may have started it a few weeks back SORRY, I think Mitchell Draughn and the rest of the west should concentrate on the games this fri nothing else, on a side note has all six SMC teams ever advanced to the 2nd rd before this year? I think its something the other teams in the west should think about shows how stout that conference is just an FYI LOL

For the love of the Good Lord let's hush about transfers, honestly I think I may have started it a few weeks back SORRY, I think Mitchell Draughn and the rest of the west should concentrate on the games this fri nothing else, on a side note has all six SMC teams ever advanced to the 2nd rd before this year? I think its something the other teams in the west should think about shows how stout that conference is just an FYI LOL
If Mitchell is completely healthy…Mitchell with the upset by 7. Good luck and hope y’all are all healthy and both teams have a injury free game.

Seen kids play out of their minds sick though, my own included. Paid for it the next day but had some of their best games having to overcome circumstances. So ya never know.
My oldest brother was a JR at Bowman the last time Bowman and Harris played each other so he was not missing that so at home he stayed as far away from mom as he could until time to leave because he had a fever of 104°

Last edited:
Well because of the weather the two teams are discussing playing Saturday due to it's going to rain Thursday and Friday but that might help give the boys and extra day to recover.
I don’t know why all these teams didn’t do Saturday to begin with. I can’t go to heritage either way, have to be at work Friday morning by 5 am and Saturday my daughter has 3 scrimmage games at East Rutherford with the varsity girls basketball team.

Friday or Monday was only two options. Saturday is weekend time and shouldn’t be considered in my opinion.

My thoughts
Friday 1
Thursday 2
Monday 3

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT