ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Draughn

Who wins?

• Draughn

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • Mitchell

Votes: 32 43.2%

• Total voters
nchsaa handbook says if postponed due to inclement weather it MUST be played on Saturday.
Unless you've found something that I've missed this is the only section that I can find under playoffs concerning postponements. But it's referring specifically to the final season games in order to make the brackets and get them out before the deadline but as far as I can see it's the only time this is meationed but I just assuming that they follow the same rule though the playoffs.

"Postponements should also be reported to the NCHSAA.
(2) Saturday is the makeup day in the event of inclement weather on Friday (game time no later than 1 p.m.).
(3) There will be no other exceptions because of the importance of the seeding process. The conference president must report the berths, conference standings and overall records as
required by the NCHSAA by 11:30 p.m. on the 11th playing date."

Just looked at weather channel Friday @ 7 shows 57% then 38% @ 8 0.01 in of rain which is just a light rain so might not be to bad definitely better than tonight.

Reactions: 97Cougar
Postponed Games - Must be rescheduled on the next day (except on Sunday). Both schools and the NCHSAA must be involved in the decision to postpone any playoff contest.

Teams that have turf look to be in good shape for tomorrow, however, grass fields, will be in better shape today with whatever rain falls, than they would be tomorrow night after it rains for 24 hours.

The bad weather is hitting heaviest west of I-77 but WXII TV is saying that Mt Airy is going to be having flash flood warnings around 8 PM.

nchsaa handbook says if postponed due to inclement weather it MUST be played on Saturday.
But fri is a holiday that's what throws a kink in it, if the kids were in school tomorrow sat it would be, kid has to be at school at least a half day of the game that's were mon comes in

Does Mitchell have a shot or are they gonna get smoked again bc they all have the flu? I'm trying to decide between this game or Charlotte catholic vs Grimsley tomorrow.

Does Mitchell have a shot or are they gonna get smoked again bc they all have the flu? I'm trying to decide between this game or Charlotte catholic vs Grimsley tomorrow.
Not going to lie it is going to be a up hill battle with several key players being sick. Still have hope though I think the weather may help us stay in it

I’m going to be in a holding pattern up until about a hour before kickoff. I just got over this mess going around so not trying to relapse by sitting in rain.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
No idea, this is a hard game to read. The past couple weeks Mitchell has looked the part for the first time this year. Well offensively anyway. BUT the competition was no where near the Draughn level. The sickness will definitely affect the game even if all the players are back. No way they will be 100%. I know this sounds like an excuse before the game is even started and I apologize for that. I will not use this as an excuse though, you still have to play with who you have.

The weather will play a factor as well. Field will be a muddy mess no doubt, even if the rain tapers off by game time. How will that effect the Draughn passing game which will/should give Mitchell fits. Hopefully the Mitchell kids remember last years Avery game as a weather reference point. Part of the field that night looked like Lake James.

I fill this game is still Draughn‘s to lose. Just so may weapons and Mitchell’s defense has been suspect this year. Mitchell’s line MUST control the game and get pressure in the Draughn backfield for them to have a chance.

So prove me wrong Mountaineers But I see a Draughn victory.

COACH SPEAK WARNING: With the weather, turnovers may play a huge roll tonight.

Go Mountaineers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT