ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Draughn

Who wins?

• Draughn

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • Mitchell

Votes: 32 43.2%

• Total voters
Man, Call me what you will but, I got to say Draughn. I really think the Mitchell offense can play with pretty much anyone at this point. Just have to see if the defense can step up.
While I don’t see a large number of D1 kids at Draughn, I do see several kids that can play at the next level. Their offense is special. I am not saying they don’t have a couple that can and probably will.

Just a bad matchup for Mitchell this year. I do think having no some kids back that was out the first game will help but not sue if enough.

Come on Purple prove me wrong again. I am used to it.

Go Mountaineers

Taking into account the first game as well as the injured players returning for Mitchell I will give draughn the edge by 1 TD. The winner of the game will be the team that makes the least amount of mistakes.

Draughns passing game vs Mitchell’s secondary - Draughn +1

Mitchell’s run game vs Draughns run defense Mitchell +1

I am looking forward to a clear Friday night full of football when the two powerhouses battle it out again.

I believe also a different game.
Mitchell seems to be coming together and playing as a team unlike they were in the first game plus they weren't very healthy at all in that game RB and probably best DB on the sideline good to see him back, Ty looked more like Ty last night ankle seems much better and his hernia is no longer bothering him add that they've gotten more players involved in the offense scheme the line has been playing better. There is some concern with the D but hopefully can get some better pressure on the QB and not let him run around in the back field all day on 3rd and long like last game.

Draughn is close to the river/lake Rhodhiss and rain follows the river here in the valley. So, how does the forecast rain for Friday effect the game? Do wet balls slow down the vaunted Wildcat passing game? I say Draughn by no more than 2 touchdowns, but I want to know more about the weather before I say anything else.

Taking into account the first game as well as the injured players returning for Mitchell I will give draughn the edge by 1 TD. The winner of the game will be the team that makes the least amount of mistakes.

Draughns passing game vs Mitchell’s secondary - Draughn +1

Mitchell’s run game vs Draughns run defense Mitchell +1

I am looking forward to a clear Friday night full of football when the two powerhouses battle it out again.
You forget Dula ran at will threw Mitchell 219 yards on 23 carriers non in the 4th.....and two and 3 receievers where running wide open to pick from.......Draughn didn't have to punt all game.....in Tillery himself is elusive good for 60 to 100 rushing at besides his on the run accuracy.......Draughn picked you players that have blossomed in the last 4 games on defense and the big boy is healthy again at 6'4 345. This it's to much Draughn even if Mitchell may somehow jump a 14 to 17 to 0......wanted be no panick. I love watch this team play football

You forget Dula ran at will threw Mitchell 219 yards on 23 carriers non in the 4th.....and two and 3 receievers where running wide open to pick from.......Draughn didn't have to punt all game.....in Tillery himself is elusive good for 60 to 100 rushing at besides his on the run accuracy.......Draughn picked you players that have blossomed in the last 4 games on defense and the big boy is healthy again at 6'4 345. This it's to much Draughn even if Mitchell may somehow jump a 14 to 17 to 0......wanted be no panick. I love watch this team play football
Damn that stuff must taste really good

Don’t bet it let’s just meet up Friday and sample that pregame lol
I be there by 6:45 working a black rebel ball cap......but Im white a chalk...curly hair.....6' and 245 ans a green Army holdee on. My even have muscudane with brandy.

• Haha
Reactions: 97Cougar
I be there by 6:45 working a black rebel ball cap......but Im white a chalk...curly hair.....6' and 245 ans a green Army holdee on. My even have muscudane with brandy.
And that means…what exactly? I’m not even Mitchell fan lmao drink ya another one. And brother I appreciate your service. I missed it first few times you mentioned it.

Last edited:
Back to the game, Mitchell can't turn it over like last time and the line must play up to their potential. If that happens and we can muster a stop on 3rd and long I say Mountaineers 38-35
I would add a clearer game as far as penalties. Been having issues with illegal procedure and holding and definitely no stupid penalty like unsportsmanlike.

One thing about it Mitchell fans travel well as many as were there on a Thursday should be packed.
If nothing else it's only an hour away and Mitchell gets half the gate.🙃

Last game we had Draughn 3rd and 15+ three different times and let them convert. We MUST stop that we had zero pressure on the qb last game. Also the drive we had that we were 1st and goal on the 3 and penalties and poor execution we turned it over on downs. If we limit our mistakes and take advantage of what they give us we have a very GOOD chance to win this ballgame

With good weather Draughn by 21 our defense cant contain em, bad weather like rain itll be a game, I'm thinking itll rain Mitchell by 7

Me and my son just made 24 double decker smash burgers on the blackstone and I told him I’d actually love for all us trash talkers on this site from all the schools to get together on a Saturday after the playoffs and grill out and have a few. Would be fun in my opinion.
Gotta invite Johnny too then it would be a party lol probably make the 13 news at eleven

With good weather Draughn by 21 our defense cant contain em, bad weather like rain itll be a game, I'm thinking itll rain Mitchell by 7
Might be wrong but with a healthier Mitchell in a dry game as long as they limit shooting themselves in the foot like penalties not sure Draughn can contain their offense.

Reactions: Purple1995
As a Thomasville fan I’d love for Mitchell to win! Gotta bring them to Cushwa to see if we can do any better than last year (assuming we beat swain) Can Thomasville and Mitchell turn into “playoff rivals?” We’ve had a few of those over the years like mainly Maiden and Lincolnton, I’d love to see Mitchell turn into one!

And that means…what exactly? I’m not even Mitchell fan lmao drink ya another one. And brother I appreciate your service. I missed it first few times you mentioned it.

Might be wrong but with a healthier Mitchell in a dry game as long as they limit shooting themselves in the foot like penalties not sure Draughn can contain their offense.

Your probably right.
Hed be like Hank the Tank

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT