ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Draughn

Who wins?

• Draughn

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • Mitchell

Votes: 32 43.2%

• Total voters
East Burke fan here looking for a real good game Friday. Good to see the other old half of East Burke doing well over there in valdese. Draughn looked pretty athletic out there. Don’t see how in the world East Burke beat them. However EB was healthy that night. During conference play we lost a lot of good players so if we played it now it’d be a differ outcome. Last nights game agains UNion Academy they looked real good but I felt sorry for UA. Not sure how Draughn is on speed cause they didn’t have much going during track season.

Last game we had Draughn 3rd and 15+ three different times and let them convert. We MUST stop that we had zero pressure on the qb last game. Also the drive we had that we were 1st and goal on the 3 and penalties and poor execution we turned it over on downs. If we limit our mistakes and take advantage of what they give us we have a very GOOD chance to win this ballgame
If frogs had shotgun snakes wouldn't eat them......that game is in the past

• Haha
Reactions: FormerDog38
Army Ranger 2nd Ranger Battilion 75 ranger regiment.
THANK YOU for your service!!!! Without men and women serving none of us would have the opportunity to bicker about 14-18 year olds playing a game:

With Veterans Day just around the corner, Thanks to all of the posters who have served.
regardless of the current shape of the county, I do not have the words for how grateful I am to those of you who stand, fight, bleed and die for the good ol USA:

Go Mountaineers

As a Thomasville fan I’d love for Mitchell to win! Gotta bring them to Cushwa to see if we can do any better than last year (assuming we beat swain) Can Thomasville and Mitchell turn into “playoff rivals?” We’ve had a few of those over the years like mainly Maiden and Lincolnton, I’d love to see Mitchell turn into one!
What!!.....sounds like your afraid of Draughn. Just saying! You want Mitchell because of there one dimensional offense......QB draw 70% of the time......You don't have no idea when Draughn comes to the line what there going to do.
As a Thomasville fan I’d love for Mitchell to win! Gotta bring them to Cushwa to see if we can do any better than last year (assuming we beat swain) Can Thomasville and Mitchell turn into “playoff rivals?” We’ve had a few of those over the years like mainly Maiden and Lincolnton, I’d love to see Mitchell turn into one!
Sounds like you don't want no part of Draughn. Just saying. When Draughn comes to the line you don't know what there coming with. Every play you better have your coverage down pat......Or it's burn city.

What!!.....sounds like your afraid of Draughn. Just saying! You want Mitchell because of there one dimensional offense......QB draw 70% of the time......You don't have no idea when Draughn comes to the line what there going to do.

Sounds like you don't want no part of Draughn. Just saying. When Draughn comes to the line you don't know what there coming with. Every play you better have your coverage down pat......Or it's burn city.
I was taught at an early age not to entertain drunks…because they never know what they’re talking about

Don't think the QB has 50 carries for Mitchell in 11 games. 😁
I'm not sure if MaxPreps has updated the stats from the last game but even with 10 he only has 61 carries ( more than I thought as well) ( third on the team) around 6 per game but last year in 16 games he had 312 carries which is nearly 20 carries per game 9 other players combined had 316 carries the closest was Hoyle with around 8 per game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakeelz80
I was taught at an early age not to entertain drunks…because they never know what they’re talking about
Hope your not calling me a drunk.....I had a 17 year old son get killed from being in a car driven by a drunk driver.....I sip a little brandy! You could of said anything but that.....I miss my only son everyday. God have mercy on your soul!!

Hope your not calling me a drunk.....I had a 17 year old son get killed from being in a car driven by a drunk driver.....I sip a little brandy! You could of said anything but that.....I miss my only son everyday. God have mercy on your soul!!
Sorry for your loss

Reactions: Jakeelz80
Very sorry I lost my wife not because of a drunk but in a car accident in December 2000 when she was 29 and left me with a 5 & 6 year old girls. Not the same as losing a child that's a parents worse nightmare.

Very sorry I lost my wife not because of a drunk but in a car accident in December 2000 when she was 29 and left me with a 5 & 6 year old girls. Not the same as losing a child that's a parents worse nightmare.
God Bless you!! I left the Army then....in '97 Jacob was going to enlist when he graduated. Lost my wife in 2014 on my birthday leaving me to raise a 14 year old daughter......so I kindly know how you feel.....life's full of tragedys......and I should of be dead before them...if it wasn't for God's mercy I don't know where I'd been.....he still got us here for some reason. I've met a lady in Tampa,Florida......don't want to leave these Blue Ridge Mtn. There so beautiful. And I got so much family history here. God Bless....Old Mountaineer

God Bless you!! I left the Army then....in '97 Jacob was going to enlist when he graduated. Lost my wife in 2014 on my birthday leaving me to raise a 14 year old daughter......so I kindly know how you feel.....life's full of tragedys......and I should of be dead before them...if it wasn't for God's mercy I don't know where I'd been.....he still got us here for some reason. I've met a lady in Tampa,Florida......don't want to leave these Blue Ridge Mtn. There so beautiful. And I got so much family history here. God Bless....Old Mountaineer
Lord bless you

My niece who is 8 got saved last Sunday and Baptized today on an up note the Lord is good, bu the way she was born with a major heart defect they almost operated on her last year she gets checked out once every 3 months, she kept saying I'm so excited I cant wait to get Baptized made me think back this world could use a dose of this and her

My niece who is 8 got saved last Sunday and Baptized today on an up note the Lord is good, bu the way she was born with a major heart defect they almost operated on her last year she gets checked out once every 3 months, she kept saying I'm so excited I cant wait to get Baptized made me think back this world could use a dose of this and her
Prayers up

Amen!!

That is awesome that she got saved and baptized man! Sorry to hear about her physical issues but God is going to use her in mighty ways! He is giving her a testimony! Yes, I agree, we could definitely use a big dose of what she is doing. World would be a better place!

Army Ranger 2nd Ranger Battilion 75 ranger regiment.
Thank you for your service brother! I served 19 years, 6 Navy and 13 Army. Retired in 2010. Hope to see you at the game this Friday. Would love to come shake your hand and thank you in person.
I'm going to try and behave I have had a good week as most of you know from my previous posts the lord is good, I say Draughn big by 21 in perfect weather Mitchell by 7 in rainy bad weather just my 10 cents anyone?
Brother your good! Just a little gamesmanship. At the end of the day we are just human beings who get the privilege to cheer on teenagers playing a kids game.

Thank you for your service brother! I served 19 years, 6 Navy and 13 Army. Retired in 2010. Hope to see you at the game this Friday. Would love to come shake your hand and thank you in person.

Brother your good! Just a little gamesmanship. At the end of the day we are just human beings who get the privilege to cheer on teenagers playing a kids game.
Thank you for your 19+ years.......it was a long haul but I don't regret one day. Except Ranger school.......lol

I anticipate this game being a lot closer than the last one.

my pick: Draughn by 7

I like this prediction but it’s going to come down to Draughn playing Draughn football. If they play the same way that they did last game I thinks Mitchell’s returning players will neutralize their run game. Passing will be the defining factor in this one. With a healthy QB for Mitchell as well as the other WR draughn will have to use 2 safeties to avoid getting burned over the top like Union did a few times

Reactions: FormerDog38
I like this prediction but it’s going to come down to Draughn playing Draughn football. If they play the same way that they did last game I thinks Mitchell’s returning players will neutralize their run game. Passing will be the defining factor in this one. With a healthy QB for Mitchell as well as the other WR draughn will have to use 2 safeties to avoid getting burned over the top like Union did a few times

Hell IDK.... lol guess we will find out friday.

I'm not sure if MaxPreps has updated the stats from the last game but even with 10 he only has 61 carries ( more than I thought as well) ( third on the team) around 6 per game but last year in 16 games he had 312 carries which is nearly 20 carries per game 9 other players combined had 316 carries the closest was Hoyle with around 8 per game.
As of this morning it hadn't updated the individual stats totals. Still has Adams with 1,675

Some games moving to Thursday but unless the forecast changes again which is possible but right now the game can't avoid rain ether Thursday or Friday.
That field at Draughn is in bad shape. Not sure how much water it could possibly hold, especially after the rain we got in Morganton this weekend. That decision may come down to playing Thursday with a little rain or Friday on a drenched field...like you said though that forecast can change again...It normally does lol

That field at Draughn is in bad shape. Not sure how much water it could possibly hold, especially after the rain we got in Morganton this weekend. That decision may come down to playing Thursday with a little rain or Friday on a drenched field...like you said though that forecast can change again...It normally does lol
Draughns field drains pretty good

Ok you cats got me.....I see alot closer game this week against Mitchell...... I see a two td game difference.......but if Draughn beats them down like earlier this year.......giving Mitchell respect......if Draughn won't make state I'd be very disappointed......we leave it in the kids hands

Even dry before the last game an assistant coach was worried about the field making the QB's ankle even worse than it was lots of little indentions where he could twist it.

Reactions: Purple1995

Thanks for your service Hines

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT