ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Andrew's

I’m an Andrews graduate. So if they do win, I won’t be mad but I live in Robbinsville now and I’m a die hard Black Knight. That being said I mean no disrespect to my former school when I say this but while it may be closer than some think, Robbinsville will probably walk out of that one with a W.
Evidently you haven't seen this Andrew's group

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
What do you have against Robbinsville?
Their fans for the most part are arrogant Mitchell dont have 4 or 5 schools to pull from and honestly your whole CV conference sucks they have their own rules nobody can come there and win refs wont allow it, and your refs travel with you when you're outside your conference, I'm saying what the weak asses on here wont say I have seen this crap for 30 yrs and cant wait to see you 3a

• Haha
Reactions: Cdoc73 and BK13T-$
Their fans for the most part are arrogant Mitchell dont have 4 or 5 schools to pull from and honestly your whole CV conference sucks they have their own rules nobody can come there and win refs wont allow it, and your refs travel with you when you're outside your conference, I'm saying what the weak asses on here wont say I have seen this crap for 30 yrs and cant wait to see you 3a
You’ve lost your mind. Robbinsville doesn’t pull from anyone. If you haven’t noticed, we sit significantly lower than a lot of 1a schools as far as numbers go. Andrews sits even lower than that. We complain about our own refs and most will agree that year in and year out we have some of the worst refs you can get. And where in the world are you getting that Robbinsville will be 3a?

You’ve lost your mind. Robbinsville doesn’t pull from anyone. If you haven’t noticed, we sit significantly lower than a lot of 1a schools as far as numbers go. Andrews sits even lower than that. We complain about our own refs and most will agree that year in and year out we have some of the worst refs you can get. And where in the world are you getting that Robbinsville will be 3a?
Not Robbinsville Murphy and Andrew's will be 3a and I agree your refs suck they tossed one of ours last night for fussing with his own teammate, Andrew's is very talented this year you better be ready
Yeh the county’s insurer suing the county over a DSS issue is all just a conspiracy to keep 1A football in Cherokee County...
Wouldn't surprise me

Not Robbinsville Murphy and Andrew's will be 3a and I agree your refs suck they tossed one of ours last night for fussing with his own teammate, Andrew's is very talented this year you better be ready

Wouldn't surprise me
I’ve seen Andrews play. I know they are talented. Robbinsville will be ready

Murphy and Andrew's will be 3a
WRONG. If Murphy, Andrews and Hiwassee Dam were combined today they would have right at 815 kids, they would be 2A. The early college already takes about 150 high schoolers in the county (137 this year) and the charter school in Murphy opened to 9th graders this fall and will add a grade each year, that will take 96 more (cap of 24 per grade) over the next 4 years. So by the time the consolidated school opened you would be looking at around 700 kids. With charters schools playing up a class in the next NCHSAA realignment it would probably pretty firmly place a consolidated school in the 1A class.

Last edited:
What a big win for Andrews against a top flight opponent!! Congratulations!
Thank you. We don’t seem to get any respect. When we beat North Bumcombe, which is down this year, we got no respect. We beat a 3A school which had probably 40 players and a school that had 1000 students. We are a school of 200 students with 20 players. That’s a great win no matter what for us. Anytime we win they are always people playing it down and making a excuse. No one from Andrews is on here beating their chest about a win but thank you for the recognition our players deserve

Thank you. We don’t seem to get any respect. When we beat North Bumcombe, which is down this year, we got no respect. We beat a 3A school which had probably 40 players and a school that had 1000 students. We are a school of 200 students with 20 players. That’s a great win no matter what for us. Anytime we win they are always people playing it down and making a excuse. No one from Andrews is on here beating their chest about a win but thank you for the recognition our players deserve
That's the truth Wildcat, most don't want to give Andrews any credit but that's fine because they will earn plenty of it on the field this year and especially next year because the whole team will be back next season.

That's the truth Wildcat, most don't want to give Andrews any credit but that's fine because they will earn plenty of it on the field this year and especially next year because the whole team will be back next season.
Only 4 seniors !
I’m not saying we are world beaters.
In these times we are in nobody knows when Covid might strike a team and every small team is only 1 injury away from a disaster of a season.

Trust me, Mitchell county is offering Andrews all the respect we have right now. Dont listen to the one slack jawed mouth breather we have. Andrews is good, and beat the Mountaineers, no ifs and or buts.

Just watched a replay of that AHS MHIS game. It was no fluke and Andrews is no joke. Excellent running game, exceptional line play both sides of the ball. They will compete in the SMC straight up with any of the other schools IMO, based on what I saw here. THX for the link MHS95.

That was a quality win by the Wildcats and to say otherwise is just sour grapes. If Mitchell was what everyone thought then a few missing player’s wouldn’t make a difference against a school with 20 kids.
Some comments have been like Mitchell is a 3 or 4A school, yeah they're bigger then Andrews but who isn't?
But still Mitchell is a small 1A school so yes 3 starters especially all on the line does make a difference , you get beat a the line scrimmage you're gonna lose. But still Mitchell played flat, no aggression and Andrews played on fire all aggression and Friday night was the better team but I do believe Mitchell is a better team then what for whatever reason showed up because they looked nothing like the team that played 4A (54 players) Watauga and whatever is going on they better figure it out.
The sophomore lineman need to be taught better technique the whole line looked like their feet were in quicksand no one firing off the ball, on defense it was like they don't know that you can grab the offensive lineman to get him off you and I've never like how far they line up off the ball.
Some say Mitchell may have been overrated time will tell but I believe they will come back from this ,but thing is maybe Andrews was underrated even by some of their supporters and I agree is a quality team.
Just wondering something I keep seeing Andrews only 20 players is the other 18 on their roster freshman so people not including them in the count?

Reactions: Purple1995
Trust me, Mitchell county is offering Andrews all the respect we have right now. Dont listen to the one slack jawed mouth breather we have. Andrews is good, and beat the Mountaineers, no ifs and or buts.
Yeah Mountie you ain't been to a game this year and picked us to win by 3 scores? I haven't missed a game in 15 years my son plays on this team, I was worried about this game which is why I picked it close hoping we would win I have a cousin that coaches in the SMC I knew about Andrew's evidently you were sleeping.......

Just watched a replay of that AHS MHIS game. It was no fluke and Andrews is no joke. Excellent running game, exceptional line play both sides of the ball. They will compete in the SMC straight up with any of the other schools IMO, based on what I saw here. THX for the link MHS95.
I think they'll win the smc

Reactions: W1LDCAT003
Some comments have been like Mitchell is a 3 or 4A school, yeah they're bigger then Andrews but who isn't?
But still Mitchell is a small 1A school so yes 3 starters especially all on the line does make a difference , you get beat a the line scrimmage you're gonna lose. But still Mitchell played flat, no aggression and Andrews played on fire all aggression and Friday night was the better team but I do believe Mitchell is a better team then what for whatever reason showed up because they looked nothing like the team that played 4A (54 players) Watauga and whatever is going on they better figure it out.
The sophomore lineman need to be taught better technique the whole line looked like their feet were in quicksand no one firing off the ball, on defense it was like they don't know that you can grab the offensive lineman to get him off you and I've never like how far they line up off the ball.
Some say Mitchell may have been overrated time will tell but I believe they will come back from this ,but thing is maybe Andrews was underrated even by some of their supporters and I agree is a quality team.
Just wondering something I keep seeing Andrews only 20 players is the other 18 on their roster freshman so people not including them in the count?

I think Andrews will finish 3 or 4 th in the SMC . I don’t think they beat Robbinsville at Robbinsville and I think they lose to Swain or Murphy but not both. No disrespect intended to Andrews in anyway. I think Andrew has a great team and are playing great and should be proud of the turnaround the program has made. Again, it’s just my opinion and has no value whatsoever. If Andrews beats us under the big oaks I’ll be the first to congratulate them , wish them luck and hopefully see you in the playoffs. No excuses!!!!! A number of things are possible after we’re done beating up on each other we could have a 4 way tie for 1st ( I guess it’s possible). I just don’t thing Andrews has the horses to win the SMC out right. Robbinsville beat them at their place last year as bad as they wanted to Murphy did the same.. I think Swain is a different team than the one Andrews beat last year. We’re forgetting about Cherokee ( loaded with athletic players) and Hayesville who always play you tough. So to say you think Andrew will win the SMC because they beat Mitchell is a little hard for me to believe. That’s all I have for now I going to check my Bigfoot traps before the aliens rob them again.

I think Andrews will finish 3 or 4 th in the SMC . I don’t think they beat Robbinsville at Robbinsville and I think they lose to Swain or Murphy but not both. No disrespect intended to Andrews in anyway. I think Andrew has a great team and are playing great and should be proud of the turnaround the program has made. Again, it’s just my opinion and has no value whatsoever. If Andrews beats us under the big oaks I’ll be the first to congratulate them , wish them luck and hopefully see you in the playoffs. No excuses!!!!! A number of things are possible after we’re done beating up on each other we could have a 4 way tie for 1st ( I guess it’s possible). I just don’t thing Andrews has the horses to win the SMC out right. Robbinsville beat them at their place last year as bad as they wanted to Murphy did the same.. I think Swain is a different team than the one Andrews beat last year. We’re forgetting about Cherokee ( loaded with athletic players) and Hayesville who always play you tough. So to say you think Andrew will win the SMC because they beat Mitchell is a little hard for me to believe. That’s all I have for now I going to check my Bigfoot traps before the aliens rob them again.
Respect but I think Andrew's is the best we have played so far no quit in them

I think your spot on. Especially with Cherokee & Hayesville. Cherokee has a wide open offense and size on the line and Hayesvilles passing game is looking really good especially with McTaggert back. I think the Big 3 will be a tough outing but on a crazy night you might see a upset. Who knows with Covid or just 1 or 2 injuries what may happen this year

Reactions: Gentle Knight
MaxPreps Andrews roster last week had a lot of names that I never heard of. It seems to have been corrected now except it still shows 2 players with the #18. In the first game against the Hickory Hawks, Andrews had 18 players dressed out. In the game against N. Buncombe there were 19. Against Mitchell I counted 21 so we seem to be gaining ground. I was told yesterday that there could be as many as 24 when everyone gets healthy and out of quarantine. I am not affiliated with the team and don't speak in any official capacity so you can take this with a grain of salt Just before the 3rd quarter Friday I counted 32 Mitchell players dressed out. As far as counting freshmen I'm pretty sure there are at least 3 participating in every game. I know that #1, 3 and 51 are freshmen, also 64.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT