ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Andrew's

Should be a good one if Andrews has the conditioning to last all 4 quarters. Mitchell definitely has the numbers and the size, but Andrews has grit. Isaac Weaver will be a handful for the Mountaineers, just as Ty Turbyfill will give the Cats all they want. I'd say the odds are in Mitchell's favor, but they definitely shouldn't overlook this Andrews team!
Side note: Game will be live on FYNTV.com.

You guys play football better than you sandbag. Andrews has a good team and a great team for a school with a student body of around 210 . Mitchell should and will win this outing going away. I’m a fan of the Smoky Mt. and would love to see an upset but don’t think it will happen. Gritty Andrews will keep it close for a quarter or so then reality and roster depth checks in. Mitchell 48 Andrews 16. No disrespect to Andrews intended, thats about how my Knights would fair against Mitchell as well.
Good luck to both squads and hopefully you get to play . Again, this my opinion and has no value at all. It’s a good thing for Andrews and their program to be excited about playing in games like this . The staff and kids at AHS should be proud of the turnaround they’ve made. Good luck Cats.

As has been mentioned depth should/could be a factor here. I feel Mitchell has played better competition up to this point as well. So that should work in their favor. Having said all that, any road game in the SMC is a tough time. Hopefully Mitchell will get 22 and the other backs some more carriers this week and not rely on 2 as much. Would be good if they keep opening up the passing game as well to become more balanced. But heck what do I know, I don’t see them everyday. Just some general observations. Not trying to question the staff at all.
Mitchell by 18

Go Mountaineers

Come on guys.Really? I'm pulling for Andrews just as everyone else in the SMC. This game will not be close. I'm sorry. Andrews backs were leading WNC last year when we played them. I think they had 15 or 20 yds total. Mitchell will do the same. Mitchell by 30.
Big Oak Buddy, why u sandbagging so bad?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Come on guys.Really? I'm pulling for Andrews just as everyone else in the SMC. This game will not be close. I'm sorry. Andrews backs were leading WNC last year when we played them. I think they had 15 or 20 yds total. Mitchell will do the same. Mitchell by 30.
Big Oak Buddy, why u sandbagging so bad?
Didn’t realize I was .I picked Mitchell by about the same amount as you did. You’re going to need to clue me in. I’m a pretty simple creature.

I really like Andrews fans. When Mitchell travelled over there a few years ago, it seemed like everyone in town meandered out to the stadium, they cheered hard, and applauded their boys after taking a drumming. As we were leaving, not a negative word was said, everyone just complemented Mitchell fans on having such a good team. Pure class all the way. I have a prior engagement, so I won't get to make the trip, but it should be a good game for a half or so. I'm sure that the Wildcats will get some yards on the ground, but I doubt their defense will get many stops. Could be something like 14-7 at halftime, but Mitchell gets the wheels rolling in the 2nd half.

Didn’t realize I was .I picked Mitchell by about the same amount as you did. You’re going to need to clue me in. I’m a pretty simple creature.
You said Mitchell would beat Robbinsville about the same as they would beat Andrews.
Did I read that correctly? So your saying Mitchell would beat the Knights 48-16? That's sandbagging.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple1995
I’ll agree with BK. If we play like we did against Brevard it would be a long night. I know we had kids missing and out of place but it’s a L just the same. Like I said, just my opinion and means nothing. If Walsh and crew ever start calling me asking for help or my opinion then we can add value. Until then “ worthless “

You guys play football better than you sandbag. Andrews has a good team and a great team for a school with a student body of around 210 . Mitchell should and will win this outing going away. I’m a fan of the Smoky Mt. and would love to see an upset but don’t think it will happen. Gritty Andrews will keep it close for a quarter or so then reality and roster depth checks in. Mitchell 48 Andrews 16. No disrespect to Andrews intended, thats about how my Knights would fair against Mitchell as well.
Good luck to both squads and hopefully you get to play . Again, this my opinion and has no value at all. It’s a good thing for Andrews and their program to be excited about playing in games like this . The staff and kids at AHS should be proud of the turnaround they’ve made. Good luck Cats.
Talk about sandbagging..........

As has been mentioned depth should/could be a factor here. I feel Mitchell has played better competition up to this point as well. So that should work in their favor. Having said all that, any road game in the SMC is a tough time. Hopefully Mitchell will get 22 and the other backs some more carriers this week and not rely on 2 as much. Would be good if they keep opening up the passing game as well to become more balanced. But heck what do I know, I don’t see them everyday. Just some general observations. Not trying to question the staff at all.
Mitchell by 18

Go Mountaineers
We have 7 kids that play both ways, you dont want to see Mitchell depth its inexperienced 10th graders that cant get it done just yet, like the drive against Erwin when they finally pulled our starters, I think Andrew's is better for sure than the last time we played em Mitchell 35 Andrew's 24

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Hurt that Jorge Barajas went out on first play hope he's OK. But I'm seeing lineman on D that you usually don't see.
Thats my little brother. From what i was told its his ankle, but hes okay. That makes 2 starting lineman with ankle injuries. The other lineman im nit sure about. But getting these 10th graders some reps is good for the younger guys.

Thats my little brother. From what i was told its his ankle, but hes okay. That makes 2 starting lineman with ankle injuries. The other lineman im nit sure about. But getting these 10th graders some reps is good for the younger guys.
Glad he is okay. Hate to see any injuries. Big or small.

This could possibly be the biggest win for Andrews in recent memory. I graduated in 2014 and from the time I was a freshman til now, I don’t think Andrews has beat anyone of this stature.
I graduated in 1980 and have followed all their sports forever and this is the biggest upset in my lifetime. Andrews needed this

Let me say I was dead wrong about Andrews ! Congratulations to the team and the fans. You dominated every phase of the game and played with purpose. Very impressed with the run game that probably produced 350 yds rushing.. the defense played great as well. Enjoy the big win. In the words of Buford T Justice “ that’s what you call an attention getter “

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT