4 Mallard Creek (Charlotte) 7-2
5 Scotland (Laurinburg) 9-0
6 Middle Creek (Apex) 9-0
7 Davie (Mocksville) 8-1
8 Page (Greensboro) 8-1
9 Zebulon B. Vance (Charlotte) 8-1
10 Pinecrest (Southern Pines) 8-1
11 Charlotte Catholic (Charlotte)

While polls don't matter in the end. Home field advantage to an extent, as well as seeding keeps this poll relevant.

@ForsythFootball. I haven't seen them play so I'd like your take on it. I know it's sometimes hard to tell unless one has seen a range of teams. But, is East Forsyth that good to be rated 3rd? I know from my ratings that they have a good team, but are they up there this year with Dudley, Butler, Mallard Creek and Scotland?

@ForsythFootball. I haven't seen them play so I'd like your take on it. I know it's sometimes hard to tell unless one has seen a range of teams. But, is East Forsyth that good to be rated 3rd? I know from my ratings that they have a good team, but are they up there this year with Dudley, Butler, Mallard Creek and Scotland?
They are pretty solid, they traditionally struggle the first quarter because teams want to beat them and the opposing players give it everything they have the first Quarter. Onside kicks, going for it on fourth down hailmarry attempts. The past three games East has outscored opponents 66-7 in the second half. The only touchdown coming in the last 5 seconds of last weeks Games. If they clean up the first quarter they would be the real deal

Is MaxPreps a good poll? I have seen from several on the message boards that it's not true poll. It's based on records and stats (computer) and not on the so called eye ball test. It seems in line with some others, but I put more stock in the State AP poll, NCPreps poll and Carolina Preps poll.

I'm not sure to what extent any of these are "eye ball" polls, either.

I think MaxPreps is located in California or somewhere out west. My point is NCPreps, Carolina Preps and AP writers go to games and talk to coaches ... They get a better feel for the teams. Maybe I'm wrong about MaxPreps ... Who does their rankings? Does MaxPreps base their rankings on people, coaches, writers, contributors, volunteers, etc .. or is it based on some kind of formula. Does anybody know?

MaxPreps has two rankings (human and computer). I don't know a whole lot about either one except that a big part of the human poll involves recruiting stars.

Who works for Maxpreps in NC and what games do they go to , I would like to know and see if they have any openings , cause what they got isn't working.

Max preps is a computer poll based on a program that works from W-L record of teams and strength of schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT