ADVERTISEMENT

MAX PREP SEEDING

Pisgah Bears

Jul 31, 2015
Canton
I remember some were questioning letting Max prep do the seeding for state playoffs.
So how did they do.Pretty good.
Currently, with thirty -two teams left.
Twelve are number ones
Eight number two...
Three number three

#8 (Shelby) in 2AA and #5(WRH) & #3(SWO) in 2A are pretty good bets to take the Titltes.

Wallace Rose Hill was second in their conference behind undefeated East Duplin.

SWO won their conference but lost by 24 and 41 to ED and WRH in non conference.

I remember some were questioning letting Max prep do the seeding for state playoffs.
So how did they do.Pretty good.
Currently, with thirty -two teams left.
Twelve are number ones
Eight number two...
Three number three
Just for comparison in 2016 with thirty two teams left:
Sixteen were number ones
Eight number twos
Five number threes
HMMM

a classic example of why this seeding process SUCKED

SWO would have been seeded higher than WRH last year, also! The conference champions, then like now, got seeded first.

Regarding those two squads this system did not suck at all. If they did not go by conference finish then WRH would have been seeded higher than conference champ SWO due to a higher power ranking.

Schools/coaches wanted conferences champions to have a one seed. That I why you have this and to some degree one win South Caldwell with a one seed in 4A.

SWO would have been seeded higher than WRH last year, also! The conference champions, then like now, got seeded first.

Regarding those two squads this system did not suck at all. If they did not go by conference finish then WRH would have been seeded higher than conference champ SWO due to a higher power ranking.

Schools/coaches wanted conferences champions to have a one seed. That I why you have this and to some degree one win South Caldwell with a one seed in 4A.
still sucks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT