ADVERTISEMENT

Masks This Spring

eastsurryfan3

Nov 7, 2019
Just got word that all players are Required to wear a mask on the sideline and in the game. Luckily East Surry is in shape. Hopefully y’all’s teams have been running some sprints. I know Swain will struggle with this and then mountain boys up there. Go cards!

Reactions: UNC91
Why throw a dig in there to us Mountain teams? I will assure you we will be fine up here. We are used to breathing the thin air at the "top of the mountain". Been there and done that for many many years throughout history. I know some of you are relatively new to that neck of the woods.

Just got word that all players are Required to wear a mask on the sideline and in the game. Luckily East Surry is in shape. Hopefully y’all’s teams have been running some sprints. I know Swain will struggle with this and then mountain boys up there. Go cards!
It is the teams down here that will be struggling if they go up to the SMC and play in the playoffs and wear masks. They (SMC) will be used to wearing masks in the higher altitude thinner air.

I posted this on 2A board earlier.

an update on mask during football, all players must wear mask at all times, unless they state they have breathing issues, when this happens no mask requirements as long as they are on playing field. (No doctors approval requirements) Everyone on sideline must wear mask. players box extended from 10 yd. line to 10 yd. line. Coaches boxes are still 25 to 25. I do know one county, Guilford, requiring mask to be worn unless the player has doctor documentation stating they can’t. This even involves other county schools playing in Guilford county.

This same mask requirements are also for girls and boys lacrosse.

Totally expected this and was going to wear one anyways.. better safe than sorry.

Working my main job has me used to it anyways if I can wear one for 6 hrs I can for 2. At least it's for something I love anyways ;)

They say it has to come from the lungs.
Not sure if that's still correct but they was saying that

I’m pretty sure a note is required for a player to “not” wear a mask. Must be presented to officials before game much like if the player is in a cast.

I’m pretty sure a note is required for a player to “not” wear a mask. Must be presented to officials before game much like if the player is in a cast.
Only in Guilford county. There maybe other Counties, but I know Guilford does.

Last edited:
From Governor executive order:

However, people need not wear a Face Covering while exercising if:
• One ofthe exceptions stated in Subsection 2.4 applies;
• They have symptoms while strenuously exercising such as trouble breathing,
dizziness, or lightheadedness;
• They are wearing equipment like a mouthguard or helmet and are having trouble
breathing
;
• They are doing any activity in which the Face Covering could become entangled
and a choking hazard or impair vision in high risk activities such as gymnastics,
cheerleading, or tumbling; or
• They are doing activities that may cause the Face Covering to become wet, like
when swimming or other activities in a pool, lake, water attraction, or similar body

Last edited:
Reactions: Mhsneer
I’d like an interview with the mask police for a possible job. Seems a very admirable profession since wearing masks has worked to slow the spread so well

From Governor executive order:

However, people need not wear a Face Covering while exercising if:
• One ofthe exceptions stated in Subsection 2.4 applies;
• They have symptoms while strenuously exercising such as trouble breathing,
dizziness, or lightheadedness;
• They are wearing equipment like a mouthguard or helmet and are having trouble
breathing
;
• They are doing any activity in which the Face Covering could become entangled
and a choking hazard or impair vision in high risk activities such as gymnastics,
cheerleading, or tumbling; or
• They are doing activities that may cause the Face Covering to become wet, like
when swimming or other activities in a pool, lake, water attraction, or similar body

it’s so comforting these executive orders. Reckon he ever thought about putting out advisories and then letting the public decide about their own safety? I understand nursing homes, private enterprises and government setting regulations for safety in their businesses or work spaces. I don’t understand the idea that the state has the right or obligation to regulate our morality or movement as it pertains to our own personal lives. The government is much bigger and stronger than our founding fathers ever intended.

it’s so comforting these executive orders. Reckon he ever thought about putting out advisories and then letting the public decide about their own safety? I understand nursing homes, private enterprises and government setting regulations for safety in their businesses or work spaces. I don’t understand the idea that the state has the right or obligation to regulate our morality or movement as it pertains to our own personal lives. The government is much bigger and stronger than our founding fathers ever intended.

They also never knew we'd have more than a single shot musket.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
They also never knew we'd have more than a single shot musket.
That’s has absolutely nothing to do with governmental control or personal freedoms. The more the government regulates morality the worse morality gets. Reckon who would by a black market gun? Who would buy illegal drugs? Criminals that’s who. When you regulate the crap out of people you only restrict the innocent

How does wearing a mask help when your literally trading sweat droplets and blood
Masks are useless. My wife is a doctor and she and all her colleagues will tell you this. What the exact agenda behind this and who is making the money off these things remains to be seen. Let’s just pray one is those kids don’t fall out due to it reducing their oxygen levels

Masks are useless. My wife is a doctor and she and all her colleagues will tell you this. What the exact agenda behind this and who is making the money off these things remains to be seen. Let’s just pray one is those kids don’t fall out due to it reducing their oxygen levels

Been trying to tell these clowns. Cant believe a kid will be made to wear a damn mask, while playing the game of football. My whole team would never wear a mask and each kid would have a note regarding breathing issues.

If there hasn't been any issues for basketball then I think football players will be fine. Actually research shows that mask don't reduce oxygen levels. What usually gets people is the panic that is caused when they think they can't breath.

What type of doctor is your wife?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
If there hasn't been any issues for basketball then I think football players will be fine. Actually research shows that mask don't reduce oxygen levels. What usually gets people is the panic that is caused when they think they can't breath.

I have been wearing masks for going on a year now and it is hard to breathe at times, so they do restrict our breathing some. When in a store sometimes I have to get far away from people and raise my mask to get a good breath and I only wear one mask a day and wash them in hot water, rinse well, and dry without fabric softener as it calls for. So they do affect how much air we get. So believe all your research, as all of us are not the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$ and Mhsneer
Why do athletes wear masks during training sessions? Oh yeah it builds stamina because your breathing is restricted

Training mask. Sure

Those are nothing like face coverings being required for sports.
q4viiBv.gif

Training mask. Sure

Those are nothing like face coverings being required for sports.

I’ll tell you what you go jog around your house with a mask on. Then take it off rest eat some crumpets and scones. Wash it down with the afternoon tea. Then run around the house without one. Then you tell me if you breath easier with one or without one while exercising.

I’ll tell you what you go jog around your house with a mask on. Then take it off rest eat some crumpets and scones. Wash it down with the afternoon tea. Then run around the house without one. Then you tell me if you breath easier with one or without one while exercising.

I workout 4-5 days a week with a mask on with no issues.

So sure if you're a lazy fatass that is 55 years old and eats scones all day, you might have issues.

Come on man, seriously go research training mask and cloth mask or medical mask.

Have you heard of anyone dying or having crazy complications from wearing a mask and playing sports yet? They've been in them all year.

Last edited:
It's easy to tell which posters on here played football and which ones remained in the cheering section..lol

It's easy to tell who is educated enough to keep reading and learning instead of buying into conspiracy theories from someone that probably sells pillows or something like that.

I played football. Then I went on to better myself and got away from my hometown. Something you probably know nothing about.

Reactions: Illuminati704
I workout 4-5 days a week with a mask on with no issues.

So sure if you're a lazy fatass that is 55 years old and eats scones all day, you might have issues.

Come on man, seriously go research training mask and cloth mask or medical mask.

Have you heard of anyone dying or having crazy complications from wearing a mask and playing sports yet? They've been in them all year.

it’s called being full of bs and I promise I’m in good enough shape to take you to a woodshed. You a refined man so much smarter than us poor ignorant rednecks. All this bs you spew is incredible. Put a mask on and run forest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT