ADVERTISEMENT

Masks This Spring

It's easy to tell who is educated enough to keep reading and learning instead of buying into conspiracy theories from someone that probably sells pillows or something like that.

I played football. Then I went on to better myself and got away from my hometown. Something you probably know nothing about.
I'll tell you something buddy..I can cash your paycheck any day of the week..you need to go away.. you have no friends

• Haha
Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I like Big Snowbird past the waterfall. Its specks only. Below the water falls has alot of restrictions now.
I like lil snowbird for riding and Squally Creek for riding and fishing. Speckled only.
I hope to fish mid march.

Fishbrain.com is an awesome site for fishermen.
Love big snowbird. Always loved camping in santeelah creek. Had those sheds u could rent. Natahalla up high was good till they made it delayed harvest. Horseshoe was awesome rather snakey too

Different strokes for different folks.
I wouldn't live outside the mtns and you starbuck guys wouldn't live here.
Makes the world go around

Last edited:
Just wow..Just took my uncle for a stress test in Asheville..the entire staff wore mask BUT would not allow my uncle to wear a mask while doing stress test exercises..said it was very unhealthy while doing heavy exercises and also inhaling back in ..said that he would not be getting 100% oxygen. ..Who is making these decisions for the athletes? NCHSAA
This was very telling to me.

The players have worn masks for the sports that I have attended this year(volleyball and basketball). Basketball IMO would be tougher as that is a constant run whereas in football you do have some rest between plays. The rules do state that a player can receive an exemption from the mask if the form is completed by and signed by a physician---think they must have pre-existing conditions--
I understand all the questions as we just watched college football and the NFL with very few players playing with the full face shield or mask while on the field. I don't know the logic nor do I understand the logic behind this rule. However if we are to have high school football this spring and this is required then until the ones who makes the rules are ousted/overruled we are stuck.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Guys, everyone is reading more into mask requirements, other than Guilford county, below is straight from modified NCHSSA manual.

No doctors statement. Does not say anything about Doctor note. As stated above Guilford county has decided to require mask and must have a Doctors note not to wear.

• Sport Specific In-Season Exceptions :
  • Football: Participants wearing required equipment like a mouthguard or helmet AND are having trouble breathing must be
  • FACE COVERINGS
  • Players and coaches must wear cloth face coverings at all times
  • Gaiters are not allowed for players in the contest but are allowed for coaches and non-player personnel
  • Schools may decide to provide players with face coverings that attach to the helmet/facemask, below are examples of legal and illegal face-covering options:
  • Legal:
  • Illegal [Straps on the outside of the facemask]:
  • Any questions or concerns regarding the legality of a face covering option should be directed to NCHSAA Supervisor of Officials,
  • The sports of men’s lacrosse, women’s lacrosse, and football are the only NCHSAA sports in which a properly fitted helmet and/or mouthguard are required for student-athlete participation. As detailed in Governor Roy Cooper’s Executive Order #181, Section 2.5 speaks to the face-covering mandate as it relates to these sports:
  • 2.5. Face Coverings and Exercise. People must wear Face Coverings while exercising if they are either:
  • Outdoors and within six (6) feet of someone who does not reside in the exercising person's household; or
  • Indoors and not within their own home
  • However, people need not wear a Face Covering while exercising if:
  • …They are wearing equipment like a mouthguard or helmet and are having trouble breathing
  • Face coverings are required. If the athlete is actively participating in practice or contests AND HAVING TROUBLE BREATHING because of wearing a mouthguard and/or helmet, they may remove the face-covering on the sideline.
  • Anytime the helmet/mouthguard is not being worn a face covering must be worn. All coaches and other support staff must wear a face covering at all times.
  • The coaching staff, administration, and licensed athletic trainer/first responder are responsible for monitoring compliance with this mandate for student-athletes.

Sounds like gluing the face covering to the inside of the facemask will be an option.

• Haha
Reactions: Mhsneer
Guys, everyone is reading more into mask requirements, other than Guilford county, below is straight from modified NCHSSA manual.

No doctors statement. Does not say anything about Doctor note. As stated above Guilford county has decided to require mask and must have a Doctors note not to wear.

• Sport Specific In-Season Exceptions :
  • Football: Participants wearing required equipment like a mouthguard or helmet AND are having trouble breathing must be
  • FACE COVERINGS
  • Players and coaches must wear cloth face coverings at all times
  • Gaiters are not allowed for players in the contest but are allowed for coaches and non-player personnel
  • Schools may decide to provide players with face coverings that attach to the helmet/facemask, below are examples of legal and illegal face-covering options:
  • Legal:
  • Illegal [Straps on the outside of the facemask]:
  • Any questions or concerns regarding the legality of a face covering option should be directed to NCHSAA Supervisor of Officials,
  • The sports of men’s lacrosse, women’s lacrosse, and football are the only NCHSAA sports in which a properly fitted helmet and/or mouthguard are required for student-athlete participation. As detailed in Governor Roy Cooper’s Executive Order #181, Section 2.5 speaks to the face-covering mandate as it relates to these sports:
  • 2.5. Face Coverings and Exercise. People must wear Face Coverings while exercising if they are either:
  • Outdoors and within six (6) feet of someone who does not reside in the exercising person's household; or
  • Indoors and not within their own home
  • However, people need not wear a Face Covering while exercising if:
  • …They are wearing equipment like a mouthguard or helmet and are having trouble breathing
  • Face coverings are required. If the athlete is actively participating in practice or contests AND HAVING TROUBLE BREATHING because of wearing a mouthguard and/or helmet, they may remove the face-covering on the sideline.
  • Anytime the helmet/mouthguard is not being worn a face covering must be worn. All coaches and other support staff must wear a face covering at all times.
  • The coaching staff, administration, and licensed athletic trainer/first responder are responsible for monitoring compliance with this mandate for student-athletes.
According to NCHSAA, players that are having trouble breathing may remove their mask but must exit the playing field and remain on the sideline ..Nobody can play without a mask unless they have a drs excuse

• Wow
According to NCHSAA, players that are having trouble breathing may remove their mask but must exit the playing field and remain on the sideline ..Nobody can play without a mask unless they have a drs excuse
Re-read it. where does it say anything about a doctor?

Face Coverings
○ Face coverings (cloth or disposable “blue” mask) are required at all times.
■ Medical Condition Exception:
● A student with a medical condition that would prohibit wearing a
face covering during competition, will need medical documentation
from a physician licensed to practice medicine, nurse practitioner
or physician’s assistant.
■ Sport Specific In-Season Exceptions:
● Cross Country: Participants active in the race.
● Football: Participants wearing required equipment like a
mouthguard or helmet AND are having trouble breathing must be
on the sideline.
● Golf: Participants on the course AND at least 6 foot from all
others.
● Lacrosse: Participants wearing required equipment like a
mouthguard or helmet AND are having trouble breathing.
● Swimming & Diving: Participants in the pool.
● Tennis (Singles): Participants active in the match.
○ Student-athletes may not use hard or unyielding face coverings during skill
development, practice or contest.
○ See sports specific sections for allowable equipment attachments.
■ Face coverings must not be shared.
○ Indoor and Outdoor Skill Development, Weight Training & Conditioning
○ Face coverings must be worn by everyone at all times.
○ State, local or school district guidelines for acceptable cloth face coverings must
be strictly followed. There is no need to require or recommend “medical grade”
masks for physical activity. However, masks with exhalation valves or vents or
face shields should NOT be worn.
○ Coaches may use artificial noisemakers such as an air horn, electronic whistle

To much talk about masks. They say we need to wear them, so I, at my age, have been for going on a year now and they have not hurt me and probably have kept me from getting COVID so far, knock on wood. So we all have the right to make our minds up but we do have to follow business rules posted on their doors and wear a mask when we go out to businesses. They just want to protect their customers and themselves. I don't like it any more than anyone else but I will not take a chance with my life. Just look at all the deaths across our nation and that should speak loudly to how dangerous this China Virus is ! ! So talk till you are blue in the face and the NCHSAA is going to enforce the mask rule..........

Wearing mask protect other and only slightly protect the wearing. If at all.

You need to research.
This whole time they said mask only protect others. Recently they have said mask might protect the wearer some. Every grocery store I go in says on the load speaker that your masks protects others and others mask protect you.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
The UA masks for athletes sit far off the face and you cannot suck in air hard enough to get them to move. Its aggravating to have something on your face, but as far as breathing is cocerned its like not having a mask. Id reccommend them for all athletes of course theyre about 35 bux too lol

Reactions: BK13T-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT