ADVERTISEMENT

MA vs East

eastsurryfan3

Nov 7, 2019
Who’s taking the crown of the Northwest 1A? My money is on east, with their high power offense and defense. I don’t think mount airy has the players to produce a win against a solid East Surry. Let me know your opinions! Go Cards!!

Reactions: UNC91
East Surry by 28 or more , saw both teams play a lot ,East is way too quick and physical on both sides of the ball .

Reactions: UNC91
East Surry by 28 or more , saw both teams play a lot ,East is way too quick and physical on both sides of the ball .
Good luck handling those middle oline kids , they are very experienced and physical,I think losing gosnell and Stevens from last season , there is a false sense the cards aren’t quick , they are ! There was a post a few days back saying Winston prep had come back to earth after playing ma,now the bears can see where they stand . Then ole TD can see if a higher rank is deserved .

Reactions: BK13T-$
Good luck handling those middle oline kids , they are very experienced and physical,I think losing gosnell and Stevens from last season , there is a false sense the cards aren’t quick , they are ! There was a post a few days back saying Winston prep had come back to earth after playing ma,now the bears can see where they stand . Then ole TD can see if a higher rank is deserved .
My main problem was PLP jumped 10 spots and here is who they played to do it. Can you agree that huge jump ?
Bessemer City 1-4
Cherryville 1-4
Christ The King 2-3
Union Academy 0-4
MIC 1-4

Who’s taking the crown of the Northwest 1A? My money is on east, with their high power offense and defense. I don’t think mount airy has the players to produce a win against a solid East Surry. Let me know your opinions! Go Cards!!
What was the need to start another Mount Airy East Surry thread when it was already started Saturday. Should we start a 3rd or 4th ? Saw sportsnut17 as the same question a few weeks ago in maybe football or basketball.

I know a few people who know football and 6 years ago they said a group was coming thru pilot that would win a state title and they did and there is lots of buzz ma will be there again I think then you’ll be seeing ma in that 1 2 spot a lot , just know bears are very young , definitely got killer instinct , I think east just too physical right now

What was the need to start another Mount Airy East Surry thread when it was already started Saturday. Should we start a 3rd or 4th ? Saw sportsnut17 as the same question a few weeks ago in maybe football or basketball.

The last one was a bunch of grown men whining because some teenagers cheered against Mount Airy last week.

Reactions: BigRedFan27
TD, you have a great memory, I don’t even remember what I had for lunch.😀😀
I don't remember what the two threads were about but were the same topic and you may have locked the 2nd or deleted it. But they were the same topic. LOL
The first started Saturday but fizzled out and the latest gained more support after I ask why another post on the same topic. I should have just passed it up and said nothing. Just trying to keep my mind off things bothering me these days. LOL

Sportsnut: stopped by the middle Sat and was going to walk over and talk a few minutes but Mother Nature showed up

Love that no one gives MA a chance. Bears only have 6 srs. Alot of talent and young on varcity with a special JV team. MA blows es out Thursday and it will be a dog fight next Fri.

If East tries to run the ball they willget dominated. They need to stick to the passing game and test Mount Airy's DB's. I went to the game agaisnt prep, and they only allowed 7 total rushing yards.

It will be interesting to see how MA front seven handles the OL of ES who is very physical and smart--if ES goes strictly passing Boaz needs protection---if he gets happy feet his passes are not as accurate. It will also be interesting to see how the DB's of ES handles the passing game of Poindexter(WR's can't have drops like in the past). Having seen both teams play I would give a slight edge to ES due to MA youth. Should be a great game to watch both coaches scheme and see which side adjusts to give their team a chance----little things(kicking game, turnovers, penalties) will determine the game IMO. Good luck to both---

Reactions: GSODbears
It will be interesting to see how MA front seven handles the OL of ES who is very physical and smart--if ES goes strictly passing Boaz needs protection---if he gets happy feet his passes are not as accurate. It will also be interesting to see how the DB's of ES handles the passing game of Poindexter(WR's can't have drops like in the past). Having seen both teams play I would give a slight edge to ES due to MA youth. Should be a great game to watch both coaches scheme and see which side adjusts to give their team a chance----little things(kicking game, turnovers, penalties) will determine the game IMO. Good luck to both---
Good information boaz accuracy still questionable but still dangerous East will still mix the pass and run , ma cannot stop the run , middle of cardinal line will dominate ma is young and looks good in the future but can’t handle East yet

I don't think with East Surry coaches and players on the side of WSPrep saw what Mount Airy really has. I listened to it on the radio and Mount Airy was not playing their normal game. If they had, it would have been more like 50 or more to 6. Mount Airy held back on their running game. Some of my Twitter followers noticed it too.

I don't think with East Surry coaches and players on the side of WSPrep saw what Mount Airy really has. I listened to it on the radio and Mount Airy was not playing their normal game. If they had, it would have been more like 50 or more to 6. Mount Airy held back on their running game. Some of my Twitter followers noticed it too.
Yeh we know Ma will beat East next week and for years to come lol

That is not what I said. Read it again. I will say the same someone else said, East probably will win with more experience with MA young team with only 6 seniors. But I do think it may be a close game. East only saw what Mount Airy wanted them to see, just enough to beat WSPrep.

Every season we hear ma is gonna be loaded for years to come and are gonna start
That is not what I said. Read it again. I will say the same someone else said, East probably will win with more experience with MA young team with only 6 seniors. But I do think it may be a close game. East only saw what Mount Airy wanted them to see, just enough to beat WSPrep.
I think a lot of folks are trying to get a read on the upcoming game by comparing common opponent scores .I wouldn’t underestimate East , I saw a team that could have hung 80 on a couple of those teams themselves. I feel ma is going to be very gritty but I really think those East kids up front are more physical than last season .Boaz kid has had some real flashes of his brother but not there yet , but yes it’s always an exciting game .

Every season we hear ma is gonna be loaded for years to come and are gonna start

I think a lot of folks are trying to get a read on the upcoming game by comparing common opponent scores .I wouldn’t underestimate East , I saw a team that could have hung 80 on a couple of those teams themselves. I feel ma is going to be very gritty but I really think those East kids up front are more physical than last season .Boaz kid has had some real flashes of his brother but not there yet , but yes it’s always an exciting game .
I think scheduling Reidsville and north Davidson this season has prepped East pretty good .Wast got a dose of their own medicine from Reidsville , they honestly mirrored east surry steam from last season with the addition of a bruising running game , I think I’m my opinion of ma and East had about 3 teams each season of that caliber then surry county would be consistently the western championship annually

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT