ADVERTISEMENT

Lincolnton vs Reidsville Regional Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if I'm right don't think eastern randolph has ever scored 27 points on us. So let's keep hearing about that A +++++ defense
Dude really? I try to be all "Ghandi like" in a post and while I am typing you post this? Stay on Lincolnton. Leave Boogie's old school out of it.

2 things:
1 Reidsville did not play this year's Eastern Randolph team
2 October 29, 2010 Eastern Randolph 50 Reidsville 23
FIFTY!!!
Bye now.

Very telling, Sir Linkman.

Got a chance to watch a bit of vid of a few R-Ville games. D-line is the biggest, but not the fastest and most athletic we've seen. Maybe not the best (EL, WC, and S Point were big, strong, athletic)...? We'll see tomorrow night. Interesting thing though... teams had more success running the ball than I expected. Again, DL is quite good and maybe the strength of their team. 14 and 4 are good, as well. I think the Wolves will have a lot of success in space. Their DBs... not going to comment.

Wasn't impressed with RHS's offense to the tune of 53 ppg. Decent running game but not overly explosive. I would put it on par with EL or maybe below - EL's QB was dynamic. O was certainly not 53 ppg crisp. Passing game was average per 4th round standards. Hendersonville's passing game was 2-3x superior.

It wasn't obvious to me that this is the best team we will have faced... maybe so.

And no way is the NW Guil WR / passing game a representation of what you'll see tomorrow night.

All that said, absolutely going to be a fist fight cage match. There will be copious amounts of talent on the field, equally represented on both sides.

Still taking the Wolves in this one and sticking with my +12 margin.
Maybe because we knocked NW guilford QB out of the game early in the 1st quarter

That's kinda scary that they know that, so does that mean their whole strategy is to knock #11 out the game?

Edit***
I know that's not their intention to hurt anyone ... just meant as in if they can get a hit on him, take it... didnt really think before i said it

Last edited:
Re: QB pressure, #11 is fast and a more than apt runner - this may be a differenting factor.

Very random side note - I'm anxious to see #8 McClain against an RHS blitz man. He's blasted several LBs / DEs this year. Love watching him play.

Reactions: TheDispatcher
Who couldn't put 50 or 60 or even 70 on hendersonville we have played them before to and I can say one honest thing they haven't never put forty sum points on us.[/Q]
If you are going to go by the past then look at last year.........
Who couldn't put 50 or 60 or even 70 on hendersonville we have played them before to and I can say one honest thing they haven't never put forty sum points on us.
If you go by the past then look at last year.
Frankly I don't think any Lincolnton player, coach or poster gives a hoot what you think of our defense

Last edited:
@TheDispatcher oh yeah by the time I get home and try to get about 3hrs sleep it won't be long. My nervousness has turned into excitement. I'm planning on getting to the game about an 1hr and a half early
Yeah, so I'm gonna get off at 6, going home to lay down until about 9, get up and get ready, go eat breakfast with a few of the fellas and then start getting loaded up

Reactions: Stanimallector
........as the atmosphere begins to wake up for the run of the day...it only leaves one to think.......What will be the ending result? One will move on for a chance at the SHIP... the other will pack it up till next year....the memories will flood your minds with tears of joy or tears of despair... How bitter sweet....a Senior football player giving his all to play one more week or to have left it all on the field one last time for his high school career ....mom and dad you should be proud...players and coaches you did great....fans it was a blast.....THIS IS NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL!!!!

Dude really? I try to be all "Ghandi like" in a post and while I am typing you post this? Stay on Lincolnton. Leave Boogie's old school out of it.

2 things:
1 Reidsville did not play this year's Eastern Randolph team
2 October 29, 2010 Eastern Randolph 50 Reidsville 23
FIFTY!!!
Bye now.

I was at that game. Still can't believe what I saw. That game is probably the best that ER has ever played during Coach Baxter's tenure.

Yeah, so I'm gonna get off at 6, going home to lay down until about 9, get up and get ready, go eat breakfast with a few of the fellas and then start getting loaded up
getting off at 6 ? ain't you lucky I don't get off until 8am 7:45 if am lucky. Got my winter gear and my portable propane heater already sitting on the coach.

Sad part about tonight is for most of these seniors somebody's high school football career is going come to an end, and for most their football career all together will be done. Man I still remember like yesterday my oldest son sitting on the field after the 17-7 lost to Shelby, knowing that was his last high school game. He said it was easier to except knowing that for 4 year he gave Reidsville football a 110% effort.

Last edited:
And if I'm right don't think eastern randolph has ever scored 27 points on us. So let's keep hearing about that A +++++ defense

Like I said....you guys love to talk about the Lincolnton D, but not the Lincolnton O.
I don't know what Henderson and Randolph have done in past games with you. But we do know a team that came to your house last year in the playoffs as a lower seed and put 36 on you... and the bad news that you don't want to talk about is Lincolnton's offense is much better this year than last year.

Get off the broken record. Your strength is your O. Your weakness is your D. We have repeatedly given your offence the respect they're due. With the exception of a few of you guys, you've shown little respect for us at all. Come on clock....tick tick tick

Get off the broken record. Your strength is your O. Your weakness is your D. We have repeatedly given your offence the respect they're due. With the exception of a few of you guys, you've shown little respect for us at all. Come on clock....tick tick tick

Really, I must have missed all the posts that repeatedly gave Lincolnton's offense respect. You obviously missed the one predicting Lincolnton will only score 17...yeah, lots of respect there. LOL.

Really, I must have missed all the posts that repeatedly gave Lincolnton's offense respect. You obviously missed the one predicting Lincolnton will only score 17...yeah, lots of respect there. LOL.
You'll noticed I put most. Same goes for some of ours. The vast majority of our posters have shown respect for the Wolves. Hasn't been the other way around. No big deal. No one has shown much respect all year until they've played us. Safe travels. Safe game and may the best team win

@Ramfan002 in response to an earlier post Reidsville has never scored more than 13 on Lincolnton so does that mean they will not tonight. My point is deferent teams deferent year as of now only 2 teams are fortunate enough too be playing tonight. Good luck too both teams. May God bless you all.

Reactions: LHSWolves
Congrats to all these posters that has made this thread the thread of the year.Good luck tonight to both teams and I will be pulling the Wolves.
That's what happens when two towns that's passionate about their football play each other when the stakes are high. I'm pretty sure if we were playing Shelby in the regionals the thread may have been the same way or maybe longer or it may have gotten locked out around the 3rd page.

I think I predicted 42-28 Reidsville. Might be wrong but think that's it. So I gave lincolnton 28

I'm going to go ahead and say it. If you look at his numbers Durham is the most effective and elusive back We got. I believe he is our X factor. All the other backs are good too and bring something different to the table but the style of defense Lincolnton runs Durham is the perfect back because of his elusiveness and down hill running style

Last edited:
Reactions: SHS LION
That's what happens when two towns that's passionate about their football play each other when the stakes are high. I'm pretty sure if we were playing Shelby in the regionals the thread may have been the same way or maybe longer or it may have gotten locked out around the 3rd page.

Man take your A DOUBLE S to sleep. I will see you at the gate!!!

I'm sure that they'll be able to hear Community Stadium in Eden tonight! Ready for a good one, stay warm and cheer loud!

With all respect to my L-Town friends,Surrat will get a lot of offensive penalties for pushing off tonight...I saw it a lot at home games with no calls but believe he will be flagged for it tonight....and for that,I take the Rams 42-21...have the heat on tonight,this will be my last game as I am moving out of state but will still keep up with my teams....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT