ADVERTISEMENT

Lincolnton vs Reidsville Regional Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Reidsville can keep Lincolnton under 35, they win because Lincolnton defense is Swiss cheese.

Reidsville by 20

Not showing much respect for the team who came to your house last year in the play offs and handled you 36-6. I know..that was last year and this year's Reidsville team is much improved. I guess you assume that Lincolnton has not improved any over last year. Just keep thinking that.

Not showing much respect for the team who came to your house last year in the play offs and handled you 36-6. I know..that was last year and this year's Reidsville team is much improved. I guess you assume that Lincolnton has not improved any over last year. Just keep thinking that.
He is just trying to get under someones skin.

As long as Reidsville can keep Lincolnton under 35, they win because Lincolnton defense is Swiss cheese.
Lol...under 35....whew...not to toot but good luck with that...our D has managed all year except for the Maiden disaster...this will be a great one to remember...

As long as Lincolnton scores more points than Reidsville, I don't care about anybody's assessment of our defense. I distinctly remember the same chestbeating from some Rams last year, fueled obviously by warm feeling generated by that billboard full of Championships on display. It is quite impressive, but Im gonna go with the Wolves on this one. We haven't been particularly lucky this year, but we have been pretty good, if I must say. No doubts the Rams are a good team as well, but I do have doubts that Ramking really has any idea what he's talking about when it comes to the Wolves.

Wolves 71
Warm feeling Rams 70.

Works for me.

@zukeridr your boy turned out tonight... I'm so proud of him.

As for next week, may the best team win. 4th round, we back and we hungry. Gonna be one for the ages I'm sure.
Thanks....he seems to have this 3rd round thing down ...remember last year against mtn heritage in the 3rd rd....one game at a time

I will be very surprised if Lincolnton scores a bunch of points. Im not saying its not a wide open offense, but I truly believe our defense will do well.

I will be very surprised if Lincolnton scores a bunch of points. Im not saying its not a wide open offense, but I truly believe our defense will do well.
Fair enough. And I will be surprised if we don't put up a bunch of points. One way or another, somebody's gonna be surprised!

The only way to figure out who will win, is to play, I guess. Perchance your defense is as good as you hope, I shall revise my prediction to a score that suits me.

Wolves 7
Rams 6

Still works ok for me!

GO WOLVES!!

Reactions: LHSWolves
Thanks....he seems to have this 3rd round thing down ...remember last year against mtn heritage in the 3rd rd....one game at a time
oh yessir, he did go off last year against MH ... I remember some of those long strides down the side line

First half (27) come off sloppy fumbles, they wouldn't have even been in the game had we held on to the ball. Do not sleep on our defense, it has shown progression every week since that Maiden loss, the perfect storm to help push these boys towards a championship. I welcome the Reidsville challenge, to be the best, you gotta beat the best, so here we go!

Reactions: LHSWolves
Hey Reidsville fans.....you said that your team got a great defense......the problem is this!!! You guys have not play a great offense team yet this year. NONE! Northwest Guilford only score 15 points against EF....that does not cut it. I know that Reidsville couldn't predict that Northern Guilford fell off the wagon this past season. Normally, they got a great offense but since Roscoe retired, that offense is not the same. I am fully aware that Reidsville has to play county schools and that conference is MIGHTY WEAK. Nothing Reidsville can do about it. Will it hurt them next week? You guys has not been in a close game the whole year.

It be interesting once you guys play very well oiled offense team....would Lincolnton fit the bill? Wait and see...I have a feeling that they will score more than 24 points. The difference is how LIncolnton play both side of the ball? They have played a tougher schedule and that might help them next Friday night. This game coming up would be very interesting indeed.

Once again, here comes our schedule comes to the forefront. Look... we are in the regional finals and are 13-0 and allowed less than 100 points all season. If you think for one second that Coach Teague doesn't realize that Linconton has a high powered offense and will game plan for it.... you are mistaken. This is the facts too. The Wolves give up points. Reidsville's offense isn't a joke. Reidsville nor Lincolnton is not going to lay down. How are the Wolves Special Teams?

Actually FB capitol Reidsville is 14-0...lol...Lincolnton is 13-1...this is gonna be a classic...just like a regional final should be.....everybody dress warm because the high next friday here is supposed to stay in the 30's...so it will chilly once the sun goes down......

Lincolnton's offense is the real deal. Believe that! If you think you're stopping it, you guys are smoking some serious gas up that way. Their defense is another story, though, it does surrender a lot of points, but again, their offense will show up and show out. It compensates for their struggles, defensively. Like rambbq just stated, this is what it's all about, two heavyweights duking it out for the right to advance to the state championship, great matchup indeed.

Last edited:
Re
Lincolnton's offense is the real deal. Believe that! If you think you're stopping it, you guys are smoking some serious gas up that way. Their defense is another story, though, it does surrender a lot of points, but again, their offense will show up and show out. it compensates for their struggles, defensively. Like rambbq just stated, this is what it's all about, two heavyweights duking it out for the right to advance to the state championship, great matchup indeed.
Regardless of what the state says, I believe this IS the state championship next Friday night.

Lincolnton did give up some points last night but it was because the offense couldn't hold on to the ball in the first half! Once they stopped giving the ball up they DOMINATED! Just remember Lincolnton has the ALL TIME leader in North Carolina HISTORY in receptions reception yard and now TOUCHDOWNS. Oh might I add they also have another receiver that caught 4 TDs last night.... Good luck stopping them like you think you're going to!

Reactions: Tennvolsfan06
From cm3, on the Hendersonville thread, re: Lincolntons leaky defense.

"I don't think that is a fair accusation on the Lincolnton side to say they don't play defense, and I am not a fan (bahahahaha, trust me, but I do like Lincoln County to be represented), this is their first 2 years in the spread with a quick strike offense, I have seen it on the EL side since Byus arrived, here is the thing with these type of offenses that are loaded, they either score in record time or the result is a turnover or punt in 4 downs, the other team gets a lot more possessions and a lot of times shorter fields, I don't know what they avg. giving up but if you are a defense in a high scoring spread offense like theirs and you are giving up a 21 pt. avg you are doing pretty good. There will be games you give up more and some you don't, all in who you play and how the offensive coordinator feels, if he feels he can score on most possessions, bend don't break just don't give up the big play to the other team, if he doesn't feel like he can score at will, going to have to take some chances, blitz, go for the pick, block punts, etc.... . Just my take, good luck"

Then, some stats from Linkman:
"Good point. Lincolnton's scoring stats this year compared to last year's final stats: Offense 2016 - 49.1 ppg, 2015 - 38.8 ppg; Defense 2016 - 21.7 ppg, 2015 - 15.1 ppg. So Lincolnton is scoring 10.3 ppg more this year but allowing 6.6 ppg more on the defensive side."

A thought provoking perspective from a State Champ coach...

Hey Reidsville fans.....you said that your team got a great defense......the problem is this!!! You guys have not play a great offense team yet this year. NONE! Northwest Guilford only score 15 points against EF....that does not cut it. I know that Reidsville couldn't predict that Northern Guilford fell off the wagon this past season. Normally, they got a great offense but since Roscoe retired, that offense is not the same. I am fully aware that Reidsville has to play county schools and that conference is MIGHTY WEAK. Nothing Reidsville can do about it. Will it hurt them next week? You guys has not been in a close game the whole year.

It be interesting once you guys play very well oiled offense team....would Lincolnton fit the bill? Wait and see...I have a feeling that they will score more than 24 points. The difference is how LIncolnton play both side of the ball? They have played a tougher schedule and that might help them next Friday night. This game coming up would be very interesting indeed.

Dude East forsyth is a top 10 team in the entire state. A lot of teams only score 15 points vs them. Lincolnton is the best offense we have seen, but the rams have proved themselves at this point regardless of what happens against linconton making it to the semi finals is an accomplishment.

When everyone gets tired of all the chest thumping and platitudes, here is a a fact to consider.

Simmons will have Reidsville favored by about 12 points.

And the Rams covered the Simmons spread all of the first 13 games this year and the N. Rowan game was a push, with the Rams winning by the predicted 17 points.

Now, tell me the numbers don't mean anything.

I can already see that this week is probably gonna be the longest ever....I say let's throw out the weakest schedule talk and the suspect defense talk as well....from scratch you've got two powerful teams locking up for all the nuts and bolts in the 2A Western Regional finals..the fact that both are here isn't by any means a shocker...WHO WANTS IT THE MOST FOR 48 MINUTES is what matters in this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT