ADVERTISEMENT

Lincolnton vs Reidsville Regional Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Jayron and Trell ever played together but you must be excited that you'll get to see both of the younger ones on the same field at least one year. It's been great to see the Rankins come through ... hate this the last year of the Chestnuts! There's always a bunch of good football family connections at Reidsville.
My two youngest will get two years of high school together maybe one year on varsity together. There's still one more graves left. There's still a lot of family connects coming through that are 1st cousins they just don't share the same last name.

Maiden is just as big of a rival as East is. Maybe to me at least. But in rivalry games funny things can happen. Maiden was about 5 weeks ago and won't matter tomorrow night.
True statements, w4l. Lotta people have forgotten how strong that rivalry has been. Since the Ponies got decent at sports other than swimming, it has been all to easy to hate them more than the BDevs. But Maiden hasn't forgotten! I used to enjoy going there for a game, but the constant cheerleading from their PA guy, with loud music piped in during plays....has left me quite disgusted at what the Maiden game experience has become. Perchance that ever happened at Lincolnton, I'll listen on radio...

Rivalry games + quality opponent = strange things.

Just the thought of Maiden has made me queasy... Wait here while I run to my Mustang.

We used to have some good radio guys I hate to hear them talk now, except Terry when he gets a chance to talk

True statements, w4l. Lotta people have forgotten how strong that rivalry has been. Since the Ponies got decent at sports other than swimming, it has been all to easy to hate them more than the BDevs. But Maiden hasn't forgotten! I used to enjoy going there for a game, but the constant cheerleading from their PA guy, with loud music piped in during plays....has left me quite disgusted at what the Maiden game experience has become. Perchance that ever happened at Lincolnton, I'll listen on radio...

Rivalry games + quality opponent = strange things.

Just the thought of Maiden has made me queasy... Wait here while I run to my Mustang.
Maiden was always right there with East IMO in terms of rivalry. I never lost to the blue devils and I take great pride in that. All week leading up to the Maiden game was filled with trash talking back and forth between the two squads and built up hype by both communities. I have the sense that it isn't that big of a rivalry anymore which is a shame.

My son got in the truck tonight after practice and he said it's sinking in the gravity of the game.
I know I'm pumped
Yeah, I don't know if it's hitting home with all of them yet, but this game is going to be HUGE... I literally can not wait anymore ... AHHHHH!!!

We will be on the wolves side of the field handing out hot wet wipes to get those frozen tears out of y'all eyes before the bus ride home...Rams 38 Wolves 17..I have it on good authority that knows football that the wolves have the worst defense he has seen on film past round 3 in many years!!!

We will be in the maiden side of the field handing out hot wet wipes to get those frozen tears out of y'all eyes before the bus ride home...Rams 38 Wolves 17..I have it on good authority that knows football that the wolves have the worst defense he has seen on film past round 3 in many years!!!
1) Tears don't freeze
2) Last time I checked it was the rams that were boohooing all the way to the locker room while we stood there and celebrated last year
3) In less than 24 hours, you will see just what happens when you sleep on the Wolves

1) Tears don't freeze
2) Last time I checked it was the rams that were boohooing all the way to the locker room while we stood there and celebrated last year
3) In less than 24 hours, you will see just what happens when you sleep on the Wolves
The past can't play defense tomorrow...the current wolves have to play it

Question: If we are so blessed as to win this game, will there be an asterisk pointing out that we lost to Maiden?

I said the same thing about the so called weak schedule of the Rams. A state championship trophy will not have a schedule mentioned on it.

Please believe our players aren't sleeping on anyone. They've had a great week of practice. From some of these 600 plus post and tongue in cheek jabs, I've seen much more overlooking and down playing Reidsville. Get ready

Reactions: TheDispatcher
I'm looking forward to a great game. I plan on being there early.
Myself, rambbq sit in front of the press box down about 5 or 6 rows. FBCapitol of NC on the sidelines. Stan usually on first row with back to press box. TGT and dhag, being very important people, of course in press box where it is warm.

Hope to see you tomorrow night. This should be a great game between two terrific teams.

Please believe our players aren't sleeping on anyone. They've had a great week of practice. From some of these 600 plus post and tongue in cheek jabs, I've seen much more overlooking and down playing Reidsville. Get ready

That's a relief. I look forward to a good ball game, both teams practiced hard, give it their all on the field, best team survives.... couldn't ask for a more perfect Western Regional final ...

I have seen Lincolnton this year against a very good West Caldwell team. In defense of all this weak defense theory, I saw at halftime that the Wolves' coaching staff made adjustments and pulled away from the Warriors. That game was a big hyped game due to the conference championship was on the line.

So it is possible for the Wolves to play defense. They can't allow a fast Reidsville start.

I have not seen Reidsville play this year so I can't really comment on the Rams. Historically, they have been very good. Same with the Rams, they can't allow Lincolnton to get off to a fast start.

It will be a beautiful chess match ... everyone here and everyone in the stands is in for a big treat tomorrow night

We will be on the wolves side of the field handing out hot wet wipes to get those frozen tears out of y'all eyes before the bus ride home...Rams 38 Wolves 17..I have it on good authority that knows football that the wolves have the worst defense he has seen on film past round 3 in many years!!!

Interesting how much Ram fans like to talk about Lincolnton's defense but don't have much to say at all about Lincolnton's offense. I get it....I wouldn't have much to say about a team's offense either if I were playing a team that has averaged 62.7 points a game against it's 3 playoff opponents. You are in fantasy land if you think Lincolnton only puts 17 on the board Friday night. Heck, NR whose offense is not even in the same universe as Lincolnton put 13 on you last week. If the Reidsville defense slows down the Lincolnton offense (which I expect them to do to some extent) that probably results in Lincolnton still scoring 5 or 6 TDs.

My prediction is Lincolnton 34-28. However, I could be off by a touchdown either way which means Reidsville could win 35-34 or Lincolnton could win 41-28. Bottom line Reidsville will have to score 35 or more against the "wet paper bag" defense to exceed Lincolnton's total and win the game. Has anyone noticed that Reidsvile is scoring less in each playoff game as they go to the next round of play? So as the opponents get better Reidsville is scoring less and giving up more on the defense.

We will see what happens Friday night.

I'm hyped.....let's play the game.

Aw geez...right back where we started... "Get ready!" Is that the Reidsville war cry, or is it just you, Cap?

If it's what you want to hear, sir. You are officially overlooked and down played.

No schedule vs. No defense

I'll take No Defense by 9.

Oh we bumping again... here we go ....
LTown YOU KNOW!!!!
I'm just sayin, #11 #14 #82 #8 all have ice in their veins, cold weather ain't gonna be an issue.

Reactions: ramking2012
Interesting how much Ram fans like to talk about Lincolnton's defense but don't have much to say at all about Lincolnton's offense. I get it....I wouldn't have much to say about a team's offense either if I were playing a team that has averaged 62.7 points a game against it's 3 playoff opponents. You are in fantasy land if you think Lincolnton only puts 17 on the board Friday night. Heck, NR whose offense is not even in the same universe as Lincolnton put 13 on you last week. If the Reidsville defense slows down the Lincolnton offense (which I expect them to do to some extent) that probably results in Lincolnton still scoring 5 or 6 TDs.

My prediction is Lincolnton 34-28. However, I could be off by a touchdown either way which means Reidsville could win 35-34 or Lincolnton could win 41-28. Bottom line Reidsville will have to score 35 or more against the "wet paper bag" defense to exceed Lincolnton's total and win the game. Has anyone noticed that Reidsvile is scoring less in each playoff game as they go to the next round of play? So as the opponents get better Reidsville is scoring less and giving up more on the defense.

That is very interesting, Linkman. I hadn't noticed the trend!

I've noticed that as well Linkman, and we have done nothing but improved. What some call our weakness, is nothing more than the perfect storm that has done nothing but lit a new fire ... whooo boy

Im not sure if the Reidsville folk think that the Wolves will be overwhelmed or what. We went punch for punch with Shelby last year in the 4th round and was in position to win the game with a minute or so left. If you think the boys will be overwhelmed by the Rams you are fooling yourself. The young Wolves are ready. Go ahead and keep downplaying them.

I've tried to stay out of this for the most part...but it seems some of the L'ton guys are doing most of the downplaying...2 great teams....nobody is gonna be intimidated...tee it up and let's play and the rest of us can watch..................

I have it on good authority (pauses for effect)...that none of the old folks on this site are gonna affect this game in any way, with senseless drivel, boorish know it all comments, false humility, peacockish preening, howling, bleating or crying. One team is gonna win, whether one without a defense or one who has played a bunch of stiffs. The team that wins will not have spent it's mornings, afternoons and evenings on ncpreps. Perhaps some of them will draw inspiration from some negative post, or a warm feeling from a positive one. But the game will be decided by a bunch and high school kids and their coaches. Likely an old fat referee will work hard to affect the game, but none of us will...unless some coach is disguised on here to try and reap knowledge from us! That makes me smile!

See you people at Community Stadium tomorrow evening. I hope pages on a message board have some kind of correlation on the quality of a football game. (When I say quality, I mean a Wolfpack blowout. )You may have your own definition, and that's ok. Good news is, win or lose, at the end of the day I will be a Wolf. Third generation at that. (About to welcome a 5th generation Wolf soon)

Best wishes and safe travels. Stay warm, Mule. Get some sleep, Stan! Get ready, Cap! ,Get ready!

God willing, Lincolnton will show up tomorrow. The town and the Poster. I'm gonna hit the Mustang and go to bed. If I don't get to say it before tomorrow, let me say it now... GO WOLVES!!!

Last edited:
I've noticed that as well Linkman, and we have done nothing but improved. What some call our weakness, is nothing more than the perfect storm that has done nothing but lit a new fire ... whooo boy

A couple more interesting stats. Through the first 12 games (regular season plus 1st playoff game which was a weak opponent for both teams):
Reidsville: Offense - 56.1 ppg, Defense - 5.5 ppg; margin of victory - 50.5 ppg
Lincolnton: Offense - 47.5 ppg, Defense - 21.3 ppg; margin of victory - 26.2 ppg

The last 2 games of the playoffs:
Reidsville: Offense - 37.5 ppg, Defense - 14.5 ppg; margin of victory - 23 ppg
Lincolnton: Offense - 70 ppg, Defense 35.5 ppg; margin of victory - 34.5 ppg

And if I'm right don't think eastern randolph has ever scored 27 points on us. So let's keep hearing about that A +++++ defense

Reactions: ramking2012
I know I have trolled this thread relentlessly and inserted myself into you guys conversations. I just wanted to wish both schools good luck tomorrow night. Two fine football programs and the non winner of game (very PC wasn't that?) will have nothing to be ashamed of on the season they have had.

Safe travels to all travelers.

And on a more personal like side note I hope that for all who have sons participating that each one of your boys comes out of game as healthy as when it started. Hug them win or lose because in the future the game may get fuzzy or misremembered but that moment of closeness will last forever.

A couple more interesting stats. Through the first 12 games (regular season plus 1st playoff game which was a weak opponent for both teams):
Reidsville: Offense - 56.1 ppg, Defense - 5.5 ppg; margin of victory - 50.5 ppg
Lincolnton: Offense - 47.5 ppg, Defense - 21.3 ppg; margin of victory - 26.2 ppg

The last 2 games of the playoffs:
Reidsville: Offense - 37.5 ppg, Defense - 14.5 ppg; margin of victory - 23 ppg
Lincolnton: Offense - 70 ppg, Defense 35.5 ppg; margin of victory - 34.5 ppg

Very telling, Sir Linkman.

Got a chance to watch a bit of vid of a few R-Ville games. D-line is the biggest, but not the fastest and most athletic we've seen. Maybe not the best (EL, WC, and S Point were big, strong, athletic)...? We'll see tomorrow night. Interesting thing though... teams had more success running the ball than I expected. Again, DL is quite good and maybe the strength of their team. 14 and 4 are good, as well. I think the Wolves will have a lot of success in space. Their DBs... not going to comment.

Wasn't impressed with RHS's offense to the tune of 53 ppg. Decent running game but not overly explosive. I would put it on par with EL or maybe below - EL's QB was dynamic. O was certainly not 53 ppg crisp. Passing game was average per 4th round standards. Hendersonville's passing game was 2-3x superior.

It wasn't obvious to me that this is the best team we will have faced... maybe so.

And no way is the NW Guil WR / passing game a representation of what you'll see tomorrow night.

All that said, absolutely going to be a fist fight cage match. There will be copious amounts of talent on the field, equally represented on both sides.

Still taking the Wolves in this one and sticking with my +12 margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT