ADVERTISEMENT

Legendary Clinton high coach Bob Lewis retires

Heard an interesting rumor today that Joey Price, Jr. is moving back to NC and is interested in the CHS job, as well as a couple of other openings. He is familiar with the conference and could be an attractive candidate.

Heard an interesting rumor today that Joey Price, Jr. is moving back to NC and is interested in the CHS job, as well as a couple of other openings. He is familiar with the conference and could be an attractive candidate.

Why would he leave SC....thought coaches got paid wayyy better down there.

Last edited:

No thanks.

Its going end up being someone with ties to Clinton.....if its not Arnette or Henry ill be surprised

Well i hope Arnette gets it and they make the annoucement soon so they can get to it spring practices right around the corner and weightroom should be opened after school each day.......of course this is going to leave HCA in a tough situation but they dont normally have a problem attracting good coaches

Are they just waiting for the school board meeting in a few weeks to make the hire official before announcing it?

Idk. Heard coach Hill resigned from Hobbton this week, had also heard he had put in his name for the head coaching job at Clinton when the job had become available a while back, has tons of family ties to the Clinton program. Not saying anything at all, probably just coincidence but who knows.

Idk. Heard coach Hill resigned from Hobbton this week, had also heard he had put in his name for the head coaching job at Clinton when the job had become available a while back, has tons of family ties to the Clinton program. Not saying anything at all, probably just coincidence but who knows.

Considering the results from his time at Hobbton, I don't think he would be considered for the CHS job.

It is not going to be Hill. Great guy and loves this community.

Considering the results from his time at Hobbton, I don't think he would be considered for the CHS job.

Nick Saban would have a rough time trying to win games at Hobbton just dont have the athletes they had in the 90's and early 2000's.....like those Simmons twins geesh those two could play

Reactions: The Lake Man
I did resign my position at Hobbton High School as HFBC. I enjoyed my time at Hobbton and we have some great kids. They will do well in the future and I wish them nothing but success. It was just time for me to get out and hopefully the program can advance. I will be cheering for them to do well.

I will be transferring to CCS and be teaching at SMS and hopefully will be helping out in some capacity at both places (SMS and CHS).

I did NOT put my name in for this position and I am not a candidate for this position.

I want nothing but the best for my Darkhorse friends and I am sure that the administration will exercise due diligence and get the right person for the position.

Robert Hill

Go Horses and Go Wildcats!!

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Have always thought highly of you coach Hill. Would’ve been a great addition to the Clinton program in any capacity. Your dad was so inspirational to so many kids and athletes. I felt as I’m sure as did everyone who has had a chance to meet you or be coached by you, that you continued his ways in your coaching and teaching. Forever a horse and a wildcat you will be, best of luck going forward.

P.S. I stand corrected on being misinformed about you having put your name in for the HC job at Clinton. My apologies.

Have always thought highly of you coach Hill. Would’ve been a great addition to the Clinton program in any capacity. Your dad was so inspirational to so many kids and athletes. I felt as I’m sure as did everyone who has had a chance to meet you or be coached by you, that you continued his ways in your coaching and teaching. Forever a horse and a wildcat you will be, best of luck going forward.

P.S. I stand corrected on being misinformed about you having put your name in for the HC job at Clinton. My apologies.
No worries!! And Thank you for the kind words. Like I said, I will be helping with program in some capacity and also be helping at the middle school.

I am looking forward to it!!

Whoever does get the job is gonna have alot of help.....looking forward to hearing some good news soon and looking forward to what could be a great resurgent season for the Dark Horses

No worries!! And Thank you for the kind words. Like I said, I will be helping with program in some capacity and also be helping at the middle school.

I am looking forward to it!!

Since you will be helping with the program in some capacity, do you have some insight as to who the next coach will be?

Well apparently the hire will come from within. The board met last night and according to the agenda, the only two items for new positions were Cory Barnes at Midway and Joe Salas at Hobbton. Again, no announcement has been made yet as to who is "officially" hired. Just speculation from different sources.

Well apparently the hire will come from within. The board met last night and according to the agenda, the only two items for new positions were Cory Barnes at Midway and Joe Salas at Hobbton. Again, no announcement has been made yet as to who is "officially" hired. Just speculation from different sources.

Thought none of the assistant coaches wanted it

Wasnt a big fan of Salas and that zone defense.....3rd and 1 and he had our DBs playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage....yeah he can take that mess over to Newton Grove

Going off process of elimination ima take a guess and say Scott Lewis the JV coach from the last couple seasons....i would say Henry but someone already stated on the thread rumor was has was not interested amd fully backing Arnette to be hired

Coach Arnette and I have a few common friends. I didn't hear this directly from him, but I was told by one of those friends this morning that HCA made him an offer he couldn't refuse. I'm disappointed we didn't get him, but I guess he did what he thought was best for his family. Hopefully one of the other candidates will be what we need.

Makes sense HCA being a private school the pay has to be significantly better than at a public school.....i dont blame him in this day and age you gotta take the best offer

Coach Arnette and I have a few common friends. I didn't hear this directly from him, but I was told by one of those friends this morning that HCA made him an offer he couldn't refuse. I'm disappointed we didn't get him, but I guess he did what he thought was best for his family. Hopefully one of the other candidates will be what we need.

This is what I was hearing also. Hearing also the new coach comes from a very successful program, not named Clinton.

So much for the inside hire footballfan910 was talking about.......just too much rumor and speculation im ready for a annoucement

@Darkhourse34

just going off of what i read from the board meeting. i honestly think it's a shame that a program like this is taking so long to make an announcement. we've been seeing "an announcement will be made soon" for months. Now is when the hardwork needs to be put in. i just hope the program doesn't suffer from it.

@Darkhourse34

just going off of what i read from the board meeting. i honestly think it's a shame that a program like this is taking so long to make an announcement. we've been seeing "an announcement will be made soon" for months. Now is when the hardwork needs to be put in. i just hope the program doesn't suffer from it.

Agreed, aslong as he is in place before the Spring(Which is now) this is the time where the spring workouts and meetings should be amping up a bit in preparation for the Summer.....i dont think it will hurt the program just hope older crowd gives this guy a chance if he is indeed a outsider....

Reactions: f00tballfan910
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT