ADVERTISEMENT

Kings Mountain @ South Point

Not me, I was hoping it would rain like a….
Well you know a whole lot. SP needs something to counter the KM speed and passing.

SP 56 yd TD run by #31
KM. 7 - SP 7
7:10 left in the half.
It’s only 5 minutes after 8:00pm

8:20 pm. Half time. 7 - 7

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Congrats to km, good win guys. The game was close until the last few minutes. Km vs crest will be a helluva game this year guys, good luck to both the rest of the way.

Reactions: SPRaiders78
South Point’s pass defense tonight was the best I’ve seen them play I quite sometime. They got their hands on several passes and couldn’t hold on.

Without Riley, I’m not sure South Point win a game this year. The kid is a one man show for sure.

South Point is now playing for 3rd place in the conference. They have little if any hope of making the playoffs. Even if they get in they probably won’t get far. I haven’t seen Forestview play but at this point I’d pick them to beat SP.

South Point will get in the playoffs pretty easily I would think.....they should win out and finish 7-3, and they wont get 1 of the 2 automatic spots, but their RPI should be plenty high enough for them to be one of the 32 3a west teams to get in.

Congratulations to the Mounties. You have a good football team. Wish you luck the rest of the season. SP guys played hard. KM made adjustments at half and well SP did not. # 31 has a lot of heart, I've enjoyed watching him run this year. SP may win out but, will that get them in the playoffs? I'm not taking anything for granted they still have to win out! When was the last time SP did not make playoffs 2 years in a row? Also probably should have never been in playoffs in 2019 with the record they had. IMHO

Reactions: SPRaiders78
Congratulations to the Mounties. You have a good football team. Wish you luck the rest of the season. SP guys played hard. KM made adjustments at half and well SP did not. # 31 has a lot of heart, I've enjoyed watching him run this year. SP may win out but, will that get them in the playoffs? I'm not taking anything for granted they still have to win out! When was the last time SP did not make playoffs 2 years in a row? Also probably should have never been in playoffs in 2019 with the record they had. IMHO
Extra round added to playoffs this year and SP points RPI is good so they will easily be in the playoffs

Reactions: raider1959
Maybe so Crestuff maybe so. They might get in but they won’t go very far. They have heart but they lack what it’s gonna take to defeat first & second tier teams. It’s just tough to see your guys down when they’ve been as successful as they’ve been in the past. Success doesn’t mean winning State Championships, very few teams do that constantly.

Maybe so Crestuff maybe so. They might get in but they won’t go very far. They have heart but they lack what it’s gonna take to defeat first & second tier teams. It’s just tough to see your guys down when they’ve been as successful as they’ve been in the past.
But would you want to be the higher seed and have the Red Raiders rolling into your place for a 1st round match up? The top 5 of the Big South are pretty good this year and will have each other ready for the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the way.

Tickled to death by the way some of the kids are stepping up. I can only imagine how much another year in the weight room is going to help them become more physical.
The top 4 to 5 teams in the Big South are pretty tough. A message to SP and Crest moving forward. Forestview’s defense especially their front seven is legit. I am glad we have that game behind us. The Jaguars defense will not give you anything cheap.

Tickled to death by the way some of the kids are stepping up. I can only imagine how much another year in the weight room is going to help them become more physical.
The top 4 to 5 teams in the Big South are pretty tough. A message to SP and Crest moving forward. Forestview’s defense especially their front seven is legit. I am glad we have that game behind us. The Jaguars defense will not give you anything cheap.
With Crest playing Shelby last night they should no just how tuff they got to play forestview. Play calling is key for Crest the O Coordinator doesn’t loosen up until 2nd half and last night it was to late.

With Crest playing Shelby last night they should no just how tuff they got to play forestview. Play calling is key for Crest the O Coordinator doesn’t loosen up until 2nd half and last night it was to late.
Crest probable will need to pass early to open up running game. If not than it will be some tough sledding for Adams.

Reactions: Crestuff
Congratulations on a great win by the KM Mounties. Both teams played with a lot of heart and left it all on the field. It was obvious KM had a proven game plan right from the start. Stop the fb dives of SP and you got a victory. 8 to 9 in the box tight alot of the night was the key to a KM victory. SP passing in the obvious situations didnt help much either. Timely and unnecessary penalties against SP proved to be momentum and ultimately game changers. SP has got to quit being so predictable and one dimensional or the season will end in first round of playoffs. That is if they win out the remaining games. Bottom line is KM made second half adjustments and executed them. It appeared SP neither made any adjustments nor executed them. I give SP pass defense kudos!!!! Best game of the season for those guys. This is my opinion. Agree with SPR78. Go ahead fellows tear me apart! Go big RED!!!

Unfortunately for SP I’m not sure what kind of adjustments can be made offensively. I don’t know the kid or have anything against him personally but he’s got a long way to go to think about being in the top tier of quarterbacks SP has had. Riley’s gone after this year. That seems to leaves very little in the coffers for next year. I hope not but SP may be in for some very lean years.

Good luck KM. From my point of view y’all should bet Crest. But what the #€££ do I know. Baring injury, I think KM wins that one by 10 - 14 points.

Reactions: shutdownD24
South Point is tough . Great program. KM has great support but they tend to choke in the playoffs . I predict Crest in a upset .
who is your team? I see you on everyone’s post commenting like you some type of high school football guru or something. I suspect that you are a fan of a program that’s probably trash right now…

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
who is your team? I see you on everyone’s post commenting like you some type of high school football guru or something. I suspect that you are a fan of a program that’s probably trash right now…
I like high school football . I don’t hate any team. I just call it like I see it . I’m not a guru , however with the talent Kings Mountain has fielded , I thought they would win the state championship. I will say they had to face Charlotte the Catholic Private school. That was a shame

South Point is tough . Great program. KM has great support but they tend to choke in the playoffs . I predict Crest in a upset .
I think KM wins in a close one. When is the last time crest finished 4th in the county ? Maybe never .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT