ADVERTISEMENT

Kaevon Freshwater Elizabeth City Northeastern

Football_Capitol336

Jan 8, 2022
Greensboro
I saw on twitter a few days ago that the Nations Sack Leader Kaevon Freshwater out of Northeastern High School has committed to St Augstine University a Division II school in Raleigh to play Football and Basketball. To the NorthEastern part of the State Posters did this catch anyone by surprise like it caught me? Per 247 Sports this young man has offers from Charlotte, Coastal Carolinak, ECU, Liberty, and ODU. I know at the end of the day it's up to the Kid to make the best decision possible for the next four years but I don't understand this one..... St Aug has been one of the worst teams in the CIAA for years if I'm not mistaken. Has anyone else heard anything about this young man?

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
I saw on twitter a few days ago that the Nations Sack Leader Kaevon Freshwater out of Northeastern High School has committed to St Augstine University a Division II school in Raleigh to play Football and Basketball. To the NorthEastern part of the State Posters did this catch anyone by surprise like it caught me? Per 247 Sports this young man has offers from Charlotte, Coastal Carolinak, ECU, Liberty, and ODU. I know at the end of the day it's up to the Kid to make the best decision possible for the next four years but I don't understand this one..... St Aug has been one of the worst teams in the CIAA for years if I'm not mistaken. Has anyone else heard anything about this young man?
Gradual inclination for some players to enroll at HBCU’s. That will likely increase as time goes on.

Don’t know the young man, but usually whenever you see situations like this, it’s grades. Have to prioritize your school work, first and foremost. Everything else will fall into place. It’s good that the young man landed somewhere, though, and not headed to “barbershop legend” status. College is still college, at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Don’t know the young man, but usually whenever you see situations like this, it’s grades. Have to prioritize your school work, first and foremost. Everything else will follow into place. It’s good that the young man landed somewhere, though, and not headed to “barbershop legend” status. College is still college, at the end of the day.
I agree 100 percent

Grades likely are a factor. And perhaps the proximity to his family. Or maybe St. Augs has a Charlie Batch willing to pony up a mil. But HBCU’s are becoming trendy too. Nothing will surprise me any more about the choices of high school players.

• Haha
Damn what a shame. Thought the freshwaters got this corrected after the oldest had terrible grades, and had to go to ecu. But wow ST. A what a shocker this is. His grades definitely were an issue..... Goobs will have more insight into this situation. Hope the best for the young man. Many guys have came from the D2 level and succeeded.....

If they were committable why didn't he commit?

freshwater isn’t a d2 player so I’m not sure what happened with that.
Transfer portal probably didn't help either. But he had some fcs offers, which I'm sure a 3 star player could commit to.

Last edited:
Brother just transferred from ECU to Elizabeth City State (ECSU)

Goobs swore this kid was going to Alabama or Clemson or Oklahoma lol couldn't hack it at ECU lol wow now going to ECSU, do they even play football there lol. This is getting comical to say the least.

freshwater isn’t a d2 player so I’m not sure what happened with that.
Transfer portal probably didn't help either. But he had some fcs offers, which I'm sure a 3 star player could commit to.

Yea he might be D3 to be honest. If you can't pass highschool classes, good luck in college lol.

Don’t know the young man, but usually whenever you see situations like this, it’s grades. Have to prioritize your school work, first and foremost. Everything else will fall into place. It’s good that the young man landed somewhere, though, and not headed to “barbershop legend” status. College is still college, at the end of the day.

These brothers will always be barbershop legends lol Couldn't get good enough grades AS THE STAR PLAYERS at small EC good luck with college courses lol

These brothers will always be barbershop legends lol Couldn't get good enough grades AS THE STAR PLAYERS at small EC good luck with college courses lol
Nothing "lol" to me about young people with opportunities to get an education who squander them. Guess you think the fact that many UNC basketball and fb players for 18 years received an "education" far less than what St. Aug's and ECSU provide is also "lol", but again I disagree.

D2 HBCU? Nah! His grades obviously sucked.
Now the young man's grace don't have to suck because he chose to go to A D2 HBCU. A lot of the HBC news in North Carolina RD2 then you're right at the end of the day the young man gets to go where he wants to go. And right now with covid his grades probably weren't that bad but an invitation to play somewhere immediately. The question is would the comment be the same had he gone to a primarily white institution that was D2. In this day and age just glad a young man decided to go to college at all there are so many that you see coming back in different hometowns that have decided to do absolutely nothing. Oh by the way the St. Aug head coach is a pretty good recruiter.

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
Nothing "lol" to me about young people with opportunities to get an education who squander them. Guess you think the fact that many UNC basketball and fb players for 18 years received an "education" far less than what St. Aug's and ECSU provide is also "lol", but again I disagree.

We speaking on UNC now? These kids couldn't get in even with fake classes lol.....

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
Now the young man's grace don't have to suck because he chose to go to A D2 HBCU. A lot of the HBC news in North Carolina RD2 then you're right at the end of the day the young man gets to go where he wants to go. And right now with covid his grades probably weren't that bad but an invitation to play somewhere immediately. The question is would the comment be the same had he gone to a primarily white institution that was D2. In this day and age just glad a young man decided to go to college at all there are so many that you see coming back in different hometowns that have decided to do absolutely nothing. Oh by the way the St. Aug head coach is a pretty good recruiter.

Lol wow what in the world are you smoking. St. AUG coach is a good recruiter? Lol who has he recruited? Black or white or purple or yellow school doesn't matter, the school he signed with is TERRIBLE, will be terrible with him on it. Covidflu has nothing to do with this lol you clowns are wilddddddd. The kid had terrible grades period. Same thing with his brother........ no secret here buddy

• Haha
Reactions: Lion Attack
Lol wow what in the world are you smoking. St. AUG coach is a good recruiter? Lol who has he recruited? Black or white or purple or yellow school doesn't matter, the school he signed with is TERRIBLE, will be terrible with him on it. Covidflu has nothing to do with this lol you clowns are wilddddddd. The kid had terrible grades period. Same thing with his brother........ no secret here buddy
It could be worse though. he could be not eligible to go anywhere. I've seen that many of times.

At the end of the day getting the opportunity to play college ball while earning a degree is a blessing something a lot of people don’t get to experience.

My guy, these brother were huge time recuits, with offers from tons of sec and acc schools. Leading the nation in sacks BOTH of them did lol........To end up at these tiny non football schools is crazy talk. Someone dropped the ball with these kids, grades should always be first in the household

I heard they have a great track team, saw a few of them at the NCAA championships

Grades, graaaa...desssss

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24 and dogs79
Maybe he wanted to go to a program where he could be a part of taking them from the bottom to the top. Or maybe he wanted guaranteed playing time instead of being just another player on the depth chart. Perhaps he likes Raleigh and HBCUs. I strongly believe that a LOT of scholarship players attend colleges where they normally would not if their entrance was based solely on grades. So I don't believe that he had to "settle" for St. Aug because of his grades.

• Haha
Maybe he wanted to go to a program where he could be a part of taking them from the bottom to the top. Or maybe he wanted guaranteed playing time instead of being just another player on the depth chart. Perhaps he likes Raleigh and HBCUs. I strongly believe that a LOT of scholarship players attend colleges where they normally would not if their entrance was based solely on grades. So I don't believe that he had to "settle" for St. Aug because of his grades.

Come on my guy, you can't be serious..... he had to definitely and clearly settle for a washed up program..... The kid had offers all over the country. LEAD THE NATION in sacks lol and goes to st Aug..... Point blank him and his brother blew the biggest opportunity of their lives by not having decent grades.....

I don’t think they’ll be state title good next season. But think they’ll have enough to go into 2nd round or so

Enrollment has dropped w/charter school enrollment going up. Really surprised NHS didn't drop down to 1A

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT