ADVERTISEMENT

James Kenan Boys Basketball

Tiger_Pride31

Sep 27, 2008
I've tried to stay quiet but I've been sick to my stomach all season! Watching a guy jump from girls to boys basketball and have no clue about teaching anyone a thing! Watching the conference championship game against Clinton was embarrassing and to only score 11 pts in the 2nd half with all the talent the Tigers have! WOW, smh! I feel bad for the kids and my community! Coach Melvin needs to stick with watching with the fans!

I've tried to stay quiet but I've been sick to my stomach all season! Watching a guy jump from girls to boys basketball and have no clue about teaching anyone a thing! Watching the conference championship game against Clinton was embarrassing and to only score 11 pts in the 2nd half with all the talent the Tigers have! WOW, smh! I feel bad for the kids and my community! Coach Melvin needs to stick with watching with the fans!

You do realize that Clinton did that to everyone this year? right? Beating Clinton should not be on any middle of the pack teams short list.

You do need to give the guy credit, JK was 2 games out of the playoffs on Monday and by Friday, he was tied for 3rd. You won't get much sympathy from people who kept up with our conference, who think you should have finished better than what you did.

@rickd9794 lol are you gonna throw in a few more perks. @swampstomp all i cared about is making the playoffs then he's the Buffalo Bills lol. But seriously I watched each game we beat neuse charter 2X, Lakewood 2X, North Duplin all lower 1A schools, and beat a less talented N. Brunswick team 2X in non conference 7 easy wins racked up. Didn't need a coach for them with our talent. I give you that we couldn't match the talent of Clinton but we're a better team than 11 pts! Show me a team that we really needed a coach to beat besides Clinton on our entire schedule? Goldsboro has been overrated after seeing them and they blew us out twice, spring Creek didn't have our talent beat us at home, east Duplin with no shooters or big men beat us and we struggled each time to get through WRH with no true ball players on the team. Let's not get caught up in the numbers of making the playoffs, look at who we've played.

It's just like our football team for the last 5+ years everyone was high on us, everyone was looking @ our record and going deep in the playoffs in 1AA but no1 looked that our kids weren't getting better. We looked great beating up on Unions, N. Duplin, Princeton's, Rosewood's etc. We we're a 2A team that dropped to 1AA we should walk thru them with the bigger talent pool to pick from. The only game we'd play would be WRH and they've kept our #, and it truly showed now that we've come back up to 2A that we truly haven't been that good it's who we played! WRH showed that their kids have been getting better as they came up to play stronger teams!

@rickd9794 lol are you gonna throw in a few more perks. @swampstomp all i cared about is making the playoffs then he's the Buffalo Bills lol. But seriously I watched each game we beat neuse charter 2X, Lakewood 2X, North Duplin all lower 1A schools, and beat a less talented N. Brunswick team 2X in non conference 7 easy wins racked up. Didn't need a coach for them with our talent. I give you that we couldn't match the talent of Clinton but we're a better team than 11 pts! Show me a team that we really needed a coach to beat besides Clinton on our entire schedule? Goldsboro has been overrated after seeing them and they blew us out twice, spring Creek didn't have our talent beat us at home, east Duplin with no shooters or big men beat us and we struggled each time to get through WRH with no true ball players on the team. Let's not get caught up in the numbers of making the playoffs, look at who we've played.

I though talent wise you finished where you should have in conference play. JK is not that talented outside of #23 and #24. What JK did have over most of the conference was outstanding length.
I'm not defending your coach but, I don't know what else you expected.

We have a 2nd place conference team yes 23 and 24 are good, but our best guard never plays. We have length and never use it, most our kids can't do simple fundamentals meaning not taught. Most of our kids just stand around and watch 23. All I'm saying is I know for a fact they're 3 more players on the bench that never really play that can play alot better than 24 but don't get in.

The kids don't like playing for Coach Melvin, he had 2 assistant coaches, 1 left(his close friend) said he wouldn't listen to anyone's opinion in practices, games or about behavior so he left. The 1 that stayed says the exact same thing.

JK was not the 2nd best team in conference play. Goldsboro who beat you 2 out of 3 times by a combined 39 points, was better. No matter the coach.
Maybe talking with the principal or AD would be better than venting on a message board.

That's my point, I've seen Goldsboro more than a few times and there not that good except for the 2 big guys and they beat us but they shouldn't have beaten us period! We played them hard in the semi-final just for the playoffs no other time have we played hard all year. And yes some parents and myself are@ the AD. Want what's best for kids development not just the scoreboard or to put fans in seats. But besides that I think our conference foe Clinton will take it this year

Losing to Coach Jordan is nothing to be ashamed of. He's gonna beat a lot of teams. I've seen him make halftime adjustments all season. I'd say he's on the short list of state coach of the year!

Losing to Coach Jordan is nothing to be ashamed of. He's gonna beat a lot of teams. I've seen him make halftime adjustments all season. I'd say he's on the short list of state coach of the year!
This has become comical. What adjustments has he made? He has superior athletes that don't want to play for him but they have no choice. Give it a rest!

Listen to this guys post he didnt say losing to Clinton he says losing to Coach Jordan.....starting to think its a Jordan family member or something.....doesnt even acknowledge the actually team.

I don't know much about Coach Jordan of Clinton but I see it's a spirited debate! But Clinton has a heck of a team, good luck to them!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT