ADVERTISEMENT

Independence High School

OllO

Aug 23, 2022
The school with the least amount of conversation has progressed beyond the programs with the most attention. The fact that every person who has made their program more brilliant than gold is currently on the basketball court intrigues me. Independence High School has to be reestablishing its direction.

4th Round
Congratulations

Reactions: RammanuelKant
Indy was one of the preseason picks as a contender so I do think they have met expectations. They lost twice earlier in the year but have bounced back. I think it will be a competitive game on Friday

Reactions: beamer24 and btango
Indy was one of the preseason picks as a contender so I do think they have met expectations. They lost twice earlier in the year but have bounced back. I think it will be a competitive game on Friday
I acknowledge your remark on the early season, but the Mecklenburg high power programs are really always the center of attention. There aren't many strong candidates aside from Butler left, at least not when I last checked. Since Independence exceeded their expectations, that ought to be a more obvious and widely debated discussion.

I acknowledge your remark on the early season, but the Mecklenburg high power programs are really always the center of attention. There aren't many strong candidates aside from Butler left, at least not when I last checked. Since Independence exceeded their expectations, that ought to be a more obvious and widely debated discussion.
What expectations did you have for them?

What expectations did you have for them?
The celebrations that people are NOT making for them are more important than the expectations I have of them. It would be great if the community would recognize them for their amazing work rather than abandoning them and entertaining those who were supposed to make it but are now hoops. Many in North Carolina brag about certain programs as though they are the greatest ever, even though they fall short of expectations.

All Indy has to do to get the attention is beat Butler. Indy had one impressive win in the regular season, Catholic. Mallard Creek and WC losses stung a bit.

All Indy has to do to get the attention is beat Butler. Indy had one impressive win in the regular season, Catholic. Mallard Creek and WC losses stung a bit.
So, until they defeat Butler, they haven't accomplished enough or earned enough recognition, is that right?

So, until they defeat Butler, they haven't accomplished enough or earned enough recognition, is that right?
Recognition is in the eye of the one doing the recognizing.

I expected Indy to be undefeated going into the regular season finale. At this point I consider all teams playing Friday to be undefeated.

Reactions: Otis4411

I expected Indy to be undefeated going into the regular season finale. At this point I consider all teams playing Friday to be undefeated.
So that means all teams have played up to their seeding.

Incorrect! A programs standing and/or the legitimacy of their performance are gauged by others that follow and support them.

Tom Knotts quote from 25 or so years ago, “If you whip everyone’s ass it does matter what people think about your team.”
He is undoubtedly referring to the other subset of people. Those who follow and encourage the team are the ones I imply.

Independence will undoubtedly advance to a regional final for the first time in its fourteen-year history. You're incredibly proud of the kids and the coaching staff. Not only did they prevail, but they defeated Butler 10-7 to win their fourth consecutive road playoff game.

We can only imagine the amount of adrenaline that is present in the team now that the focus is on Indepedence's fifth consecutive road playoff game against Weddington, the No. 1 overall seed in the West. Momentum overload.

The Little and Jones kids should perform as well as they did in the previous game, I hope. This is going to be a classic game. If Independence manages to pull off the upset, that game will go down in history.

~ Good luck ~

Independence will undoubtedly advance to a regional final for the first time in its fourteen-year history. You're incredibly proud of the kids and the coaching staff. Not only did they prevail, but they defeated Butler 10-7 to win their fourth consecutive road playoff game.

We can only imagine the amount of adrenaline that is present in the team now that the focus is on Indepedence's fifth consecutive road playoff game against Weddington, the No. 1 overall seed in the West. Momentum overload.

The Little and Jones kids should perform as well as they did in the previous game, I hope. This is going to be a classic game. If Independence manages to pull off the upset, that game will go down in history.

~ Good luck ~
Independence has much long history than 14 years ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT