ADVERTISEMENT

HS baseball

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
HS Baseball is around the corner but little early to know much or talk about. It will be here before you know it. That South Rowan team from last season will always be talked about. In a way I’m looking forward to when it gets here. As of now I’m just going to enjoy watching basketball games.

Eastern Randolph will return almost entire roster from team that went surprisingly deep in 1A playoffs. Will have to replace CF/P lead off hitter Brody Gardner who is now playing at Greensboro College.
Just happy to see a baseball mention. Thanks Vik-Val

First college games this month!

tennessee-vols.gif

You are correct but when you have someone throwing 105mph in your bullpen you better think before you do that.
I know…
The game has changed from the days when I played…
Course we did brush Bankhead back a time or two…
Didn’t rub the retaliation either. Well not until we got home 😂

HS Baseball is around the corner but little early to know much or talk about. It will be here before you know it. That South Rowan team from last season will always be talked about. In a way I’m looking forward to when it gets here. As of now I’m just going to enjoy watching basketball games.
Yeah that was a heck of a team….that also brings to mind the 2a state champs Randleman who beat that team 19-4….my Vikings played Randleman early and lost 11-1 I knew then that Randleman team was gonna be tough to beat.

Yeah that was a heck of a team….that also brings to mind the 2a state champs Randleman who beat that team 19-4….my Vikings played Randleman early and lost 11-1 I knew then that Randleman team was gonna be tough to beat.
Best transfer portal team around!!!!

How was that Sportsnut? 😂😂

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Now you have done and got “the Kidd “ stirred u
Best transfer portal team around!!!!

How was that Sportsnut? 😂😂
well Kidd I have seen some of your post dealing with Randleman and what not….not being from that area and understanding this is a baseball forum I don’t wanna get to off topic but how is this different than your eastern randolph football team that you praise so regularly? How is the success of Randleman different that the success of eastern randolph?

Well let me tell you sir how it’s different…
SERMS football team will usually comprise around 99 percent of the product that ends up on the field at ER.

RMS baseball team, while often very good, will usually contribute maybe two players of the starting nine on orange and blue. Heck last year’s super team they had, and it was a fine baseball squad, had about as many starters from your county as ones from Randolph…
Hope that clears things up a little.

Mooresville and Lake Norman are both going be down this year. I think talent level for both dropped a tad - Mooresville issue lately is Pitching and not having enough arms

I think Hickory Ridge or Cox Mill would be top teams this year possibly

Well let me tell you sir how it’s different…
SERMS football team will usually comprise around 99 percent of the product that ends up on the field at ER.

RMS baseball team, while often very good, will usually contribute maybe two players of the starting nine on orange and blue. Heck last year’s super team they had, and it was a fine baseball squad, had about as many starters from your county as ones from Randolph…
Hope that clears things up a little.
I hear ya, I can appreciate your commitment to your school. I’ll have to say though I like your use of “usually” when you refer to 99 percent of your team coming from SERMS (which I assume is your middle school). I’m sure that 1%? Is not a game changer like a QB, RB, or monster lineman, etc. Don’t get me wrong, I am not mad at ER for being successful and taking advantage of getting some help from a kid that is probably trying to better their opportunities to play football at the next level. Best of luck to the wildcats!
What is hard for me to understand is you have no issue with the above situation but appear to want to cut down the achievements of kids from another school. I find it hard to not think that your numbers about the Randleman team might be a little skewed and biased. I mean living in guilford county and going to a lot of baseball games, I haven’t heard anyone complaining about losing a player to Randleman and I would think there would be a little talk if a school had a potential college athlete that didn’t show up. I have no idea of the situation at Randleman and if a kid has moved there I know thats not the only school that has happened. But I do know that was a dang good team and those kids weren't that good just because they potentially came from another school.
Overall I guess I’m just saying maybe look in the mirror before you post. Unfortunately, we live in a world full of options like charter schools, private schools, christian schools, open enrollment counties. Many of which all compete in the same organization of the nchsaa. I mean if a kid is super smart where do they go? (An Early College) So if a kid wants an opportunity to play a sport at the next level who is to blame them for putting themselves in a situation to have the best opportunity to get there. As well as a place that will help prepare them to be successful at that college once they get there.

I hear ya, I can appreciate your commitment to your school. I’ll have to say though I like your use of “usually” when you refer to 99 percent of your team coming from SERMS (which I assume is your middle school). I’m sure that 1%? Is not a game changer like a QB, RB, or monster lineman, etc. Don’t get me wrong, I am not mad at ER for being successful and taking advantage of getting some help from a kid that is probably trying to better their opportunities to play football at the next level. Best of luck to the wildcats!
What is hard for me to understand is you have no issue with the above situation but appear to want to cut down the achievements of kids from another school. I find it hard to not think that your numbers about the Randleman team might be a little skewed and biased. I mean living in guilford county and going to a lot of baseball games, I haven’t heard anyone complaining about losing a player to Randleman and I would think there would be a little talk if a school had a potential college athlete that didn’t show up. I have no idea of the situation at Randleman and if a kid has moved there I know thats not the only school that has happened. But I do know that was a dang good team and those kids weren't that good just because they potentially came from another school.
Overall I guess I’m just saying maybe look in the mirror before you post. Unfortunately, we live in a world full of options like charter schools, private schools, christian schools, open enrollment counties. Many of which all compete in the same organization of the nchsaa. I mean if a kid is super smart where do they go? (An Early College) So if a kid wants an opportunity to play a sport at the next level who is to blame them for putting themselves in a situation to have the best opportunity to get there. As well as a place that will help prepare them to be successful at that college once they get there.
I appreciate everything you posted. The thing with orange and blue has been going on for so long and with so many coaches. One, who several people actually know, got in trouble at two HS in the county. The thing that was the back breaker for me was HC getting interviewed on Fox8 and talking about what a good feeder system they had in local rec programs. My numbers for the baseball team are not skewed or biased. But I do agree it was a very good baseball team.

I appreciate everything you posted. The thing with orange and blue has been going on for so long and with so many coaches. One, who several people actually know, got in trouble at two HS in the county. The thing that was the back breaker for me was HC getting interviewed on Fox8 and talking about what a good feeder system they had in local rec programs. My numbers for the baseball team are not skewed or biased. But I do agree it was a very good baseball team.
Well hasn’t your football coach been there for about 40 years? It’s whatever though I guess Randleman is evil. My understanding is your new baseball coach also coaches for the dirtbag baseball organization…I don’t know how much you know about that organization but I sure hope a stud doesnt show up at ER and you not be able to support the team since you don’t stand for that

Well hasn’t your football coach been there for about 40 years? It’s whatever though I guess Randleman is evil. My understanding is your new baseball coach also coaches for the dirtbag baseball organization…I don’t know how much you know about that organization but I sure hope a stud doesnt show up at ER and you not be able to support the team since you don’t stand for that
No football coach has not been there for 40 years. Left in 09 and went to Lee County then returned in 19 I believe. New baseball coach is associated with that organization, which once asked my son to join them and he did not, but so far no studs walking hallways. Apparently you don’t know much about the rivalry between the two schools spanning all sports. Between that lack and your stance on officials being happy with getting cussed out I’m not sure we have much we will agree on…

No football coach has not been there for 40 years. Left in 09 and went to Lee County then returned in 19 I believe. New baseball coach is associated with that organization, which once asked my son to join them and he did not, but so far no studs walking hallways. Apparently you don’t know much about the rivalry between the two schools spanning all sports. Between that lack and your stance on officials being happy with getting cussed out I’m not sure we have much we will agree on…
Wonder why he left in 09 after being there for 25 seasons? Did the portal dry up or something lol? It’s ok, we don’t have to agree. Just thought I’d give you some perspective of what you sound like to people who read your post, when everyone that keeps up with sports from 5 counties around knows ER will gladly accept some help from the outside to be successful. Again, not mad just can’t have your cake and eat it too. That just comes across as a little hate or even jealousy maybe.

Wonder why he left in 09 after being there for 25 seasons? Did the portal dry up or something lol? It’s ok, we don’t have to agree. Just thought I’d give you some perspective of what you sound like to people who read your post, when everyone that keeps up with sports from 5 counties around knows ER will gladly accept some help from the outside to be successful. Again, not mad just can’t have your cake and eat it too. That just comes across as a little hate or even jealousy maybe.
Yep you definitely do not know me…
You would have to ask the man himself why he left. All I know is ER continued making playoffs practically every year while he was gone in football…
Thought you were a proponent for a baseball thread? Instead you have turned it back towards football for some reason?
Oh and I’m old enough I don’t really care how it comes across. Most posters on here know how I, as well as the majority of ER fans, feel about orange and blue. No jealousy. Definitely no hatred. Just not much love. It’s a Randolph county thing. You wouldn’t get it.

Ill cut you some slack NW Guilford, since your from another county, but most of them Ramseur boys aren't to good at math.

We don't get much coming or going at Trinity unless it's with the wheatmore trash, so I really don't care either way. But I've seen enough football to know, ER has way more than 1 percent transfer coming in. That's laughable.

Now back to baseball......My bulldogs made one heck of a run last year, what do yall think the PAC 7 shakes out like this year?

Ill cut you some slack NW Guilford, since your from another county, but most of them Ramseur boys aren't to good at math.

We don't get much coming or going at Trinity unless it's with the wheatmore trash, so I really don't care either way. But I've seen enough football to know, ER has way more than 1 percent transfer coming in. That's laughable.

Now back to baseball......My bulldogs made one heck of a run last year, what do yall think the PAC 7 shakes out like this year?
Football you’re wrong but ok…
As far as my favorite sport: orange and blue wins again. Second could be interesting. Think Trinity maybe takes that unless ER gets good pitching. Really like their coach. As I said they return entire squad except for CF. PG is always interesting. Think SWR is down. You probably know more about Wheat than me…
Charter? Who cares? 🤣

As far as Guilford County Baseball Northern will be okay but no pitching
Northeast, Western Guilford, Smith, Page and Southern Guilford will be terrible
idk about Eastern Guilford
Dudley was trending in the right direction last year but got rid of there coach who is a great coach so idk about them
and finally, my vikings have a stud named Bistol Carter who is going to ECU along with some other descent hitters but we dont have the pitching to go deep in the 4a west bracket....I heard we also just lost a pitcher to HPC

As far as Guilford County Baseball Northern will be okay but no pitching
Northeast, Western Guilford, Smith, Page and Southern Guilford will be terrible
idk about Eastern Guilford
Dudley was trending in the right direction last year but got rid of there coach who is a great coach so idk about them
and finally, my vikings have a stud named Bistol Carter who is going to ECU along with some other descent hitters but we dont have the pitching to go deep in the 4a west bracket....I heard we also just lost a pitcher to HPC
sorry Sotheast will be good...I think they only have one arm though....Def not the Southeast of old

Eastern Randolph will return almost entire roster from team that went surprisingly deep in 1A playoffs. Will have to replace CF/P lead off hitter Brody Gardner who is now playing at Greensboro College.
Just happy to see a baseball mention. Thanks Vik-Val
Cherryville who lost in the deciding third game of the 1A State Championship series last year has all their starters and all their top pictures back this year. They will be one of the favorites to win it all in 2023.

CPC Should be very entertaining again this year

Reagan brings back all of their arms and adds Freshman Jacob Smith (NC State commit) and will be led by Noah Quarless (Western Carolina) and Mason Middleton (App State)

Davie also brings back all of their arms and has a quality freshman class led by Brady Marshall (Tennessee commit). Davie's offense will be anchored by Davin Whitaker (East Carolina) and Coy James (Ole Miss)

West Forsyth brings back 2 Division 1 arms. Harrison Lewis (UNC) and Jack Vest (East Tennessee State) to anchor their staff. West lost 10 seniors and will have to rely on some up comers from their JV team who was very very good last year. West will have a freshman that is highly touted in Will Holden (Wake Forest commit)

East Forsyth will bring back all of its pitching staff headlined by Braxton Stewart (Louisville), Ethan Norby (East Carolina) and Steele Lee (High Point) and will have a veteran squad that lost 2 seniors (one of those 1st round draft pick by the Rays, Xavier Isaac)

RJ Reynolds will have Gaston College commit Conner Frail to lead their staff along with Shawn Sealey. RJ Reynolds will be young, but very scrappy and competitive.

Glenn will welcome back the arm of senior Peyton Kowalski (uncommitted) who missed time last year due to an injury and Christopher Shoemaker to lead the Glenn team. Glenn will be anchored on defense by Peyton Horn at SS.

Mount Tabor will be a young team that will feature some incoming freshman to fill out their varsity roster. New Head Coach Andrew Jones should have that team ready to compete

Parkland will have a new coach this season as well and will look to compete with the other teams in the CPC.

Eagles,

Nice job on CPC, just wondering, you mentioned all these freshmen commitments, at what age do they start committing now? How many freshmen see these commitments through?

Anyone else feel free to comment on my question also.

With all the organizations hosting travel tournaments practically year round, the committing age has gone lower and lower. The NCAA has created this monster and it shows no signs of slowing down. There are 8th graders committed to Power 5 schools already! IF the NCAA wants to slow the process, make them put pen to paper when they want these kids to commit.

Many freshman see them through, but I would say more end up de-committing and open up their process. With the transfer portal and JUCO baseball, it can sometimes change a kids commitment to whatever program they committed to.

I think many kids need to understand that each individual recruiting process is different from another. We've had kids commit to D1 schools early in the process (freshman year) and we've had kids commit to D1 schools late in the process (Senior Year). It's all about fit and timing.

Eagles,

Would it be fair to say, if they have committed to a Division 1 school, other schools would be interested. Are these kids taking first offer or are they weighing other options. Especially since there is no real commitment from player or school.

Reactions: thekidd12
With all the organizations hosting travel tournaments practically year round, the committing age has gone lower and lower. The NCAA has created this monster and it shows no signs of slowing down. There are 8th graders committed to Power 5 schools already! IF the NCAA wants to slow the process, make them put pen to paper when they want these kids to commit.

Many freshman see them through, but I would say more end up de-committing and open up their process. With the transfer portal and JUCO baseball, it can sometimes change a kids commitment to whatever program they committed to.

I think many kids need to understand that each individual recruiting process is different from another. We've had kids commit to D1 schools early in the process (freshman year) and we've had kids commit to D1 schools late in the process (Senior Year). It's all about fit and timing.
Yeah I think Tennessee has some 8th graders commits already. Tennessee got Manny Ramirez son yesterday but he is a 2024 kid.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT