ADVERTISEMENT

High School baseball 2024

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Want be long for HS baseball to be cranking up. Who will be the top competitors. Hard to believe we are around at that time of the year. Looking forward to the starting of the season.

In 2A, Burns should be in contention to repeat. They return 7 of their 8 hitters and all of the pitching from last year. Including Jr. Colby Putnam who went 12-1 with a 1.43 ERA and 123 K's in 83 innings. Jr. Marshall Mcgowan hit .478 last year. Add in a couple good transfers and it could be another good year for the Dawgs.

In 2A, Burns should be in contention to repeat. They return 7 of their 8 hitters and all of the pitching from last year. Including Jr. Colby Putnam who went 12-1 with a 1.43 ERA and 123 K's in 83 innings. Jr. Marshall Mcgowan hit .478 last year. Add in a couple good transfers and it could be another good year for the Dawgs.
Burns is going to be stout.

I agree!! Them beating morehead was impressive with nance on mound. What transfers are you referring to? What positions ect?

Burns will definitely be tested out of the gates. First 3 games are @South Point, @Lincoln Charter and then Crest. Then both South Point and Crest again with Thomas Jefferson twice sprinkled in there.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Burns will definitely be tested out of the gates. First 3 games are @South Point, @Lincoln Charter and then Crest. Then both South Point and Crest again with Thomas Jefferson twice sprinkled in there.
SP should be solid. Last years team only had (1) SR. so they return 8 starters. They started 4 FR. last year so they are still young.

Who does Lincoln charter have? Player wise

Im curious to see what West Henderson brings back. They knocked off good East Rowan in the playoffs and then went on to win the 3A State Championship game. South Rowan was 2022 3A State Championship and then fell off last year. Hopefully they will rebound for this season.

Im curious to see what West Henderson brings back. They knocked off good East Rowan in the playoffs and then went on to win the 3A State Championship game. South Rowan was 2022 3A State Championship and then fell off last year. Hopefully they will rebound for this season.
They definitely bring their ace back in Manuel. I may be wrong but I don’t think they were a senior loaded team last year.

The basketball season is a week later this year. The first round of the basketball playoffs is usually baseball scrimmage week but this year it falls on the first week of the baseball regular season which means that some teams might not have some of their best players if they make the playoffs. Not sure why basketball season got pushed back.

The basketball season is a week later this year. The first round of the basketball playoffs is usually baseball scrimmage week but this year it falls on the first week of the baseball regular season which means that some teams might not have some of their best players if they make the playoffs. Not sure why basketball season got pushed back.
yeah idk really hurts small schools

Reactions: thekidd12
Ouch. That will definitely hurt Burns. Although, we will be one and done in the playoffs more than likely. May even try to move those baseball games back a few days.

Congrats to Burns Junior Colby Putnam for committing to Gardner Webb earlier this week. I was honestly shocked he made the decision this early. I think some bigger schools will come knocking on his door this year and next. I think the chance to play both ways and stay at home played a major part in his decision. Regardless, good for him and also I'm glad that Gardner Webb is giving an effort to recruit local now. They've missed out on a lot of good players in the past.

Moved from New Jerseys or somewhere up north to the area I believe…..I think 3. All committed power 5. I believe one is committed to Miami idk where the others are but they are power 5.
Wow. That's impressive and very lucky by Ledford.

opening night...hope rain holds off. idk much about East Forsyth but sure it will be a good game

Ledford has one Miami commit (Paulino), a Georgia State commit (Wilmer Martinez) and Angel Pichardo has not committed yet. All 3 are very talented players with Paulino being the headliner of the 3.

Reactions: nwguilford007
They definitely bring their ace back in Manuel. I may be wrong but I don’t think they were a senior loaded team last year.
IIRC, West returns 5 all conference players, 2 of which were the conference player of the year and the NC 3A pitcher of the year.

Moved from New Jerseys or somewhere up north to the area I believe…..I think 3. All committed power 5. I believe one is committed to Miami idk where the others are but they are power 5.
Just curious, they all three moved together but none share the last name? Are they related? I know they’ve all been on varsity at Ledford for all three years, as they are juniors.
Ledford has a pretty strong baseball program- 2A state runner up in 2018 and numerous conference championships but I’m not familiar with the current coaching staff since Adams Left. I thought they were one of the few teams that had a chance to win it all last year.

Just curious, they all three moved together but none share the last name? Are they related? I know they’ve all been on varsity at Ledford for all three years, as they are juniors.
Ledford has a pretty strong baseball program- 2A state runner up in 2018 and numerous conference championships but I’m not familiar with the current coaching staff since Adams Left. I thought they were one of the few teams that had a chance to win it all last year.
Believe there cousins idk forsure….no chance to win it all. No pitching

I was referring to last years team that was seeded 1 in the playoffs. They did beat Oak Grove in the regular season series, which lost to W Henderson in the regionals 2-1.

I was referring to last years team that was seeded 1 in the playoffs. They did beat Oak Grove in the regular season series, which lost to W Henderson in the regionals 2-1.
Yes baseball is a crazy game….but all oak grove had on mound was the lefty forgot his name and I don’t believe he pitched the game Ledford beat them……

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT