ADVERTISEMENT

High School baseball 2024

From @sportstalk336

A great rundown of baseball in the triad.

West Stokes 4 🆚 South Stokes 1
Mount Airy 6 🆚 North Iredell 2
Greensboro Day 6 🆚 NRCA 0
Reagan 16 🆚 Parkland 0
Covenant Day 0 🆚 Wesleyan Christian 5
Burlington Christian 3 🆚 Westchester Country 17
Lexington 0 🆚 West Davidson 19
High Point Christian 1 🆚 North Davidson 18
Dudley 19 🆚 High Point Central 5
Rockingham County 21 🆚 Southern Guilford 3
North Moore 18 🆚 South Davidson 5
Walkertown 8 🆚 Thomasville 4
Southeast Guilford 1 🆚 Grimsley 0
Eastern Guilford 15 🆚 Northeast Guilford 2
Western Guilford 0 🆚 Northwest Guilford 27
Western Alamance 1 🆚 Reidsville 4
Ben L Smith 0 🆚 Atkins 15
Central Davidson 2 🆚 North Stanly 3
Trinity 6 🆚 Wheatmore 9
Northern Guilford 5 🆚 Ragsdale 12
McMichael 2 🆚 Morehead 12
West Forsyth 10 🆚 Davie 0
Reagan 16 🆚 Parkland 0
Southwest Guilford 11 🆚 Page 0
Surry Central 18 🆚 Starmount 3
Ashe County 6 🆚 East Wilkes 4
Providence Grove 1 🆚 Southwestern Randolph 8
RJ Reynolds 2 🆚 East Forsyth 13
Bishop McGuinness 9 🆚 NCLA 3

2 games going on in the SPC 3A later today is JM Robinson vs East Rowan and AL Brown vs South Rowan.

Score updates.
East Rowan 10 JM Robinson 2. East Rowan goes 4-0 on the season
Lake Norman Charter 11 Concord 1
I will post some of the other scores as they come in.
NW Cabarrus 19 Mooresville 11
South Rowan 21 AL Brown 1

Last edited:
South Iredell 5 Lake Norman 3. Lake Norman defeated South Iredell last game 5-1. South goes 2-2 on the season.

3/8 Final Carson 4 West Rowan 1
NW Cabarrus 11 Central Cabarrus 5
East Rowan 6 Hickory Ridge 0. East Rowan goes 5-0

Last edited:
Hi Toms today:
W Davidson 4 Randleman 2
Ledford 11 Ragsdale 1

West D seems to have a decent 2A team this year.

3/18 Shout out to South Iredell over West Cabarrus 2-1. South goes 5-2.

Last edited:
3/19 East Rowan loses their 1st game of the season to West Rowan 6-5
JM Robinson 10 South Rowan 8

Last edited:
Burns 2
West Lincoln 0

Another shutout for the Bulldogs and another gem pitched by Putnam. Burns has faced everyone's best pitcher this year. That's what you get when you're the defending state champion. We're not scoring a lot but we're not giving up anything. I'm hoping all of the good pitching we're facing will prepare us for another deep run.

3/20 South Iredell 10 Carson 0. South Iredell is on fire now. They are 6-2. 5th straight win since their last loss against Lake Norman earlier in the season. They however have beat Lake Norman since then.

3/21 East Rowan 7 North Davidson 2
South Rowan 11 Lake Norman Charter 6
NW Cabarrus 4 Carson 2

Last edited:
3/21
Page 4 NW Guilford 2
Ragsdale 5 SE Guilford 0
Grimsley 18 W Guilford 0
Morehead 11 Walkertown 1
Glenn 8 RJ Reynolds 2
Oak Ridge Military Academy 14 Millennium Charter 6
Westchester Country Day 5 Calvary Day 4
Bishop Mcguiness 6 Caldwell Academy 5

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
3/21
Page 4 NW Guilford 2
Ragsdale 5 SE Guilford 0
Grimsley 18 W Guilford 0
Morehead 11 Walkertown 1
Glenn 8 RJ Reynolds 2
Oak Ridge Military Academy 14 Millennium Charter 6
Westchester Country Day 5 Calvary Day 4
Bishop Mcguiness 6 Caldwell Academy 5
Please me that northwest score is a typo

On 3/26 South Iredell will take on a tough Hickory Ridge team. South has a chance to share 1st place in conference with a win.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
reminds me of that Randleman Team from a couple years ago....complete domination
That Randleman team was special. I wouldn't put us in that class. Our pitching has been outstanding this year. 67 of the 106 runs were in 4 games against some really bad teams. Unfortunately we have to play them because they are conference games. But we do have wins over South Point (2), Crest, West Lincoln, and North Lincoln. I don't think we hit as well as that Randleman team. We have Cherryville twice this week. Those games have been tight the last several years. They beat us twice last year. I'm interested to see how we handle them this week.

That Randleman team was special. I wouldn't put us in that class. Our pitching has been outstanding this year. 67 of the 106 runs were in 4 games against some really bad teams. Unfortunately we have to play them because they are conference games. But we do have wins over South Point (2), Crest, West Lincoln, and North Lincoln. I don't think we hit as well as that Randleman team. We have Cherryville twice this week. Those games have been tight the last several years. They beat us twice last year. I'm interested to see how we handle them this week.
who are some other 2a west teams that can play with yal? I know one of the Stanley county schools has some good arms

Morehead for sure. East Rutherford and R.S. Central is always in the conversation. Randleman too. I'm sure there are others. Baseball is a funny sport. The best team doesn't always win. And in the playoffs, all it takes is one bad game against a good pitcher and you're done. I don't think anyone thought we would have won the state championship last year. We were a team full of sophomores. We have a chance make a deep run both this year and next year. Only time will tell.

Reactions: nwguilford007
I know the Randleman team from a couple years ago was special. They beat a very good South Rowan team that year 19-2. South Rowan went on that year to win the 3A State Championship.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Draughn is looking good in baseball. 8-1 record I believe. Their pitcher got his 200 strikeouts yesterday with a win over Mitchell 9-0. Also on the season he is 4-0 pitching and allowing 0 runs and struck out 40 batters with 1 walk. Shoutout to Blake Mcelyea. Have to keep an eye on this player. Looks like they will play Burns on 4/24. I like to go to this game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT