ADVERTISEMENT

Hough

His offer from ECU is not committable. Charlotte offered over 200 kids in the Cit
Was thinking the same thing. Is it committable or an early lead jump to see how he develops? Biff has offered every high school in Charlotte. NO way they taking all those commits. CLT has some ballers in that program already and changing conferences. Those offers are to build relationships in the future and show that CLT is now priority.

His offer from ECU is not committable. Biff Poggi Charlotte offered any kid who wanted a offer.
True regarding UNCC, incorrect regarding ECU. From what I hear, he has some a number of schools looking at him, just want to see him perform on the field before they pull the trigger.

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheel fan1
True regarding UNCC, incorrect regarding ECU.
I've been knowing Houston since the Citadel days after he coached in the D2 National Championship at Lenoir Rhyne 2014. I can assure you he's not letting a 2025 QB commit with no Varsity Film. That's not how it works.

Ok, I guess you know. He has varsity film from the last two seasons, even though in a back-up role.

Ok, I guess you know. He has varsity film from the last two seasons, even though in a back-up role.
Yes I do know. Playing Varsity is not Varsity film. Let me rephrase. He has no Varsity film that an FBS school would say we should offer this kid. They didn't Offer 2023 committ Raheim Jeter from Spartanburg until his senior year. He's a 6'4" 220 lb stud, who had power 5 offers, who actually played Varsity as a Freshmen. Very few, if any colleges are going to give a committable offer to a sophomore who spent the most of his time on JV. Especially at QB.

Last edited:
So Kareem forcing his way out of Milwaukee wasn't him forcing his way to the Lakers? Kobe asking to be traded before getting Gasol? Magic asking the coach to be fired? Jordan asking for more help when beat by the Magic? Olajuwon was the same guy that played with Pippen and Barkley right? Come on man. The same Barkley that joined a loaded PHX team. Or how about Bird getting Robert Parrish?

Dwayne Wade right before and after Lebron was borderline trash. Wont even touch on Chris Bosh who was quite possibly one of the most overated players of all time. Its a boost to LBJ IMHO to win with Love and Kyrie. Neither are close to being winners on their on.
Boston traded the number one pick in the draft for Parrish after Bird’s rookie season. Dave Cowens had been slowed by injuries and retired so they needed a replacement of the future Hall of Famer. Their Russell era teams were made up mostly of draft picks except for Russell. He was drafted by St Louis and Boston traded their all nba center who was from St Louis immediately after the draft.

Kareem’s main focus to leave Milwaukee was not basketball related. He wanted to go to the Knicks. The Lakers had a losing record the season before he arrived and gave up their two best young players in the trade.

Hakeem did not win titles with Scottie or Barkley.

Wait.... I've seen this one before. Hough gets a bunch of really good football players. They win 10 or 11 straight games. They are number one in North Carolina. People predict that they are going to win state. Then they choke.

Reactions: 87SwO
Wait.... I've seen this one before. Hough gets a bunch of really good football players. They win 10 or 11 straight games. They are number one in North Carolina. People predict that they are going to win state. Then they choke.

You hit it on the head

You must be new. They've been doing what they do since 2012. Opened 2010. They've been coming up short for over a decade, with the most stacked teams in the city. The majority of those kids are not home grown.
This is always Nepsy's response to anyone that gives actual facts about Hough, "you must be new". My son came to Hough, no stars, and played D1. It was 100% coaching, and their relationships with the schools that did it. He would not have had a snowball's chance otherwise. It's a total myth that schools always find talent. Good coaches help schools find talent. Hough's record helping kids get to the best possible college is exponentially more important than their lack of state championships.

This is always Nepsy's response to anyone that gives actual facts about Hough, "you must be new". My son came to Hough, no stars, and played D1. It was 100% coaching, and their relationships with the schools that did it. He would not have had a snowball's chance otherwise. It's a total myth that schools always find talent. Good coaches help schools find talent. Hough's record helping kids get to the best possible college is exponentially more important than their lack of state championships.

Lol what????? Put the bottle down. Hough coaching is terrible. Most talent every year and have never won. Coaching doesn't get a kid exposure lol their tape does. You must be new to football or just never played the game.......

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra
Lol what????? Put the bottle down. Hough coaching is terrible. Most talent every year and have never won. Coaching doesn't get a kid exposure lol their tape does. You must be new to football or just never played the game.......
So your son must have played there since you are so knowledgeable about the coaching? I've never seen a kid start a meaningful career due to winning a state championship. However, a very high percentage of the Hough players will move on to great jobs due to being put in the right college situation. I can personally speak to the Hough coaches' commitment to those kids. Again, my son played D1 so I'm probably not new to football. You?

• Haha
So your son must have played there since you are so knowledgeable about the coaching? I've never seen a kid start a meaningful career due to winning a state championship. However, a very high percentage of the Hough players will move on to great jobs due to being put in the right college situation. I can personally speak to the Hough coaches' commitment to those kids. Again, my son played D1 so I'm probably not new to football. You?

Hell no, my kid would've never played at Hough. Me, personally, would not even send my dog there. For example, J Williams, WRH RB, got his only D1 scholarship by playing in the state title game at UNC. He's now in the NFL. So definitely starts with playing for state titles lol. Well most highschool coaches commit many hours to their kids btw. But bringing in transfers every year to play in front of kids that have been busting their butt for years for you, is not looking out for any kid lol. Just because your kid plays D1 ball doesn't mean you have any idea about football lol. You must be new, if you haven't seen single parent mothers, who's kids are national recruits. But have no idea what football is.....

Reactions: OptionFreak
Hell no, my kid would've never played at Hough. Me, personally, would not even send my dog there. For example, J Williams, WRH RB, got his only D1 scholarship by playing in the state title game at UNC. He's now in the NFL. So definitely starts with playing for state titles lol. Well most highschool coaches commit many hours to their kids btw. But bringing in transfers every year to play in front of kids that have been busting their butt for years for you, is not looking out for any kid lol. Just because your kid plays D1 ball doesn't mean you have any idea about football lol. You must be new, if you haven't seen single parent mothers, who's kids are national recruits. But have no idea what football is.....
Yes, so many kids will play in the nfl! It definitely doesn’t start with playing in state title games unless you have the mentality of Uncle Rico. I haven’t just seen single parent mothers, I grew up with one. Try again.

• Haha
Yes, so many kids will play in the nfl! It definitely doesn’t start with playing in state title games unless you have the mentality of Uncle Rico. I haven’t just seen single parent mothers, I grew up with one. Try again.

1% of kids will ever play in the NFL lol. Definitely not a lot of kids play in the NFL btw. Playing in the title game got him a scholarship, is what I was referring to. I grew up with one as well, went to UNC full ride to play football. My mother didn't even know what a first down was. Never went to one of my games in highschool, she was working to provide. I'm just saying Hough is nothing to brag about. One of the worst crap shows in the state period.

1% of kids will ever play in the NFL lol. Definitely not a lot.of kids play in the NFL btw. Playing in the title game got him a scholarship, is what I was referring to. I grew up with one as well, went to UNC full ride to play football. My mother didn't even know what a first down was. Never went to one of my games in highschool, she was working to provide. I'm just saying Hough is nothing to brag about. One of the worst crap shows in the state period.
And I’m saying that a person that had a son play there has a lot more visibility than someone just having an outside opinion. It would be like me trying to have a better assessment than somewhere you played or had a son play. It’s not rational. You can have an opinion, but you can’t make up your own facts. At least we have the mom thing in common. Builds character for sure! We can agree to disagree on Hough.

It’s always my response because nothing has changed. A large number of Hough kids have gotten opportunities before they arrived on campus. Charlotte is a hotbed for talent. If you can play it will be very difficult to go unnoticed in Charlotte. You don’t all of a sudden attend Hough, and the offers start pouring in. Stop with the nonsense. That’s hilarious. 😂 They do a good job, but you’re drastically exaggerating.

1% of kids will ever play in the NFL lol. Definitely not a lot of kids play in the NFL btw. Playing in the title game got him a scholarship, is what I was referring to. I grew up with one as well, went to UNC full ride to play football. My mother didn't even know what a first down was. Never went to one of my games in highschool, she was working to provide. I'm just saying Hough is nothing to brag about. One of the worst crap shows in the state period.
87SwO and I agree on something? Only Hough could do that. I have multiple first hand accounts of Hough pulling in kids from other schools. The program is built on transfers and that’s just the way it is.

In what grade did your son transfer in?

87SwO and I agree on something? Only Hough could do that. I have multiple first hand accounts of Hough pulling in kids from other schools. The program is built on transfers and that’s just the way it is.
Not a Hough fan by any stretch but they do develop players. They get a lot in from transfers but they do develop and have great coaching. Lets not let be completely skewed. Most great programs in Charlotte got players in, and had great coaching. Only difference is Hough cant seem to win the ship. To some parents Hough is an excellent option in their eyes. I cant see it, but some really, really like Hough and how they develop and get guys into college.

Reactions: dw4444
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT