ADVERTISEMENT

Hoggard High needs week 1 game

I believe Huss pulled out on them , If Scotland was to far to travel then I know Wilmington was..
Geez, Scotland’s Average travel non conference past few years has been 2 hrs. Even those games have looked like Scot home games compared to home crowd.,

This particular instance is due to South Robeson unexpectedly closing.
Yes and No. SR closed and the HH games was scheduled. Hoggard did not want to play SR anyway but had a mix up with Holly Springs. Then SR reopened, but theres no way SR wants to play Hoggard and no way Hoggard pulls out of the HH game to reschedule SR. Then SR closes again.

Hoggard needs a SC school to take the game. A lot of those schools do not start their season until the 30th which is week 2 in NC. Maybe TK will call.

Did some checking Port, I see where Folsom in Cali.
is open on the 23rd and they only have a 10 game
schedule. Now theres a chance to play a national
power in a game that could dwarf Dutch Fork/Mallard
Creek. Think of what that can do for your max prep
ranking. The Bulldogs need it to be a home game though.

Scheduling non-conference games in SE NC still a rough go. Hanover only has 10 games scheduled and Ashley and S Brunswick play 2 times, the first as a non-conference game. In the past Hoggard and S Brunswick have played a 9 game regular season.

Looks like Hoggard also has a week 3 (9/7) open date. Are they looking for a possible 11th game for that week o set on only week 1?

Scheduling non-conference games in SE NC still a rough go. Hanover only has 10 games scheduled and Ashley and S Brunswick play 2 times, the first as a non-conference game. In the past Hoggard and S Brunswick have played a 9 game regular season.

Looks like Hoggard also has a week 3 (9/7) open date. Are they looking for a possible 11th game for that week o set on only week 1?

This is very true. If you're a 3A or 4A team it's tough to find others to play non conference. So you end up scheduling a 1A/2A team just to fill out the schedule. Of course, Hoggard would have had a running clock by halftime so not really sure that is worth it to play. Just have another bye and be rested.

Shoot, Jacksonville has to play White Oak twice. One counts as non conference, one counts as a conference game. 6 team conferences offer a scheduling nightmare.

Hoggard needs a SC school to take the game. A lot of those schools do not start their season until the 30th which is week 2 in NC. Maybe TK will call.

That raises a good question...why dont more NC and SC teams play each other...especially the boarder counties... yeah you have the Scot / Marlboro game... may play someone like Dillon in a scrim...and you have the oh so famous DF and MC game...a lot of good football in south and north kaky not to utilize... iron sharpens iron right?

That raises a good question...why dont more NC and SC teams play each other...especially the boarder counties... yeah you have the Scot / Marlboro game... may play someone like Dillon in a scrim...and you have the oh so famous DF and MC game...a lot of good football in south and north kaky not to utilize... iron sharpens iron right?

Also takes two to tango.

NC an SC are on conflicting 2 year scheduling agreement. NC is 2019 & 2020 home and away and SC is 2018 & 2019. If not for this I think we would see a lot more great interstate matchups. Hoggard has a nice series going with Carolina Forest but I for one would really like to see Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle matchup against New Hanover and Hoggard on a regular basis.

Myrtle Beach match up would be great. Has Hoggard been invited to play in the Big beach jamboree this year. They play games, Marlboro co. N. Myrtle Beach ,Dillion,Richmond co. Usually North Carolina vs South Carolina teams,it's big deal at Myrtle Beach.

Hoggard played in one of those boarder tournaments. They beat Irmo. Then they have gone 2-2 against CF.

Hoggard has 10 game schedule....Whiteville has 10 game schedule...both are open 9/7...make it happen!

Hoggard has 10 game schedule....Whiteville has 10 game schedule...both are open 9/7...make it happen!
He is trying to fill the week 3 bye as well. We scrimmage Whiteville Wed. Maybe we should tank that scrimmage so they will want to play us.

From what the new bern guys were saying on here,
There’s no need to tank, just bring all you got to whiteville they’ll definitely want to sign the dotted line for a game ..

From what the new bern guys were saying on here,
There’s no need to tank, just bring all you got to whiteville they’ll definitely want to sign the dotted line for a game ..

Nah, didn’t say anything of the kind. Simply gave the stats along with how encouraged we were with the showing. Hoggard will be fine, as usual.

Deals have been offered to a number of teams. Whiteville has a great looking team. Their QB and WR are the real deal. Would love to see it happen but I doubt it will at this point.

You need a game to watch come onto Pate stadium Friday night port. I got your ticket
On the 50 right in my pocket .

Haha , I forgot Hoggard comes to Pate
Week 2 ..

Last edited:
You need a game to watch come onto Pate stadium Friday night port. I got your ticket
On the 50 right in my pocket .

Haha , I forgot Hoggard comes to Pate
Week 2 ..
I don’t think I can handle two weeks in a row.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT