ADVERTISEMENT

Hoggard 24 SC 21 Final

Originally posted by Football-Friday:
Scotland is losing some really good players. 9th grade team and JV's stunk. Bring back Chip Williams.
Scotland is losing 4 on offense and 5 on defense. Our senior class lost to Richmond when they played JV football 75-20, don't read much into the JV and 9th grade teams.

Of course I am and always will be embedded with my Rams but gentlemen Scotlands coach is like 50-5 or whatever the count is. All of you guys are disturbing the peace and abusing the FIRE word and CHIP WILLIAM name.

C'MON MAN
[/B]
very_poor_choice_of_words.gif

@ Diamonds are forever Thank you for honest response, after having awhile to think about it i'm still stuck on the amount of flags on the Scots and 2 on Hoggard, Hoggard has a very good team no doubt, but flags stopped Scotlands Offense all night long and when you keep a defense on the field defenses will get tired and start losing one on ones battle, even with the flags we still had our chances bad snap on the punt and fumble at the end of the game. But the game is over congrats to the Vikings and thank you again for your response i think you could have easily took offense to my post.

Originally posted by Football-Friday:
Scotland is losing some really good players. 9th grade team and JV's stunk. Bring back Chip Williams.
Football-Friday, Scotland's best 9th and 10th graders play varsity. So by the time other schools 9th and 10th graders get to varsity, Scotland guys will have plenty of varsity experience. Zamir White for example.

Let me be the first to say that Scotland got hosed by the zebras ,it was looped sided with the calls and every time they got close to score the zebras would throw a flag to kill the drive , its a shame the officials make calls that the team has running all year but in that game it was a foul , Scotland wideouts was getting mug and nothing was call , the game was one sided and the Scots got HOSED!!!!!

Originally posted by lockray:
Let me be the first to say that Scotland got hosed by the zebras ,it was looped sided with the calls and every time they got close to score the zebras would throw a flag to kill the drive , its a shame the officials make calls that the team has running all year but in that game it was a foul , Scotland wideouts was getting mug and nothing was call , the game was one sided and the Scots got HOSED!!!!!
This comment isn't really meant to change your view because that probably can't be done. Your comment will not be taken seriously by anyone who was at the game for two reasons. First most of those penalties didn't really hurt SC. They scored anyway, it only prolonged their drives. Hoggard couldn't stop them in the first half. Second, for you to have watched that defensive performance by Hoggard in the second half and not give them any credit shows where your views are. if you don't give some respect you will never get any.

Originally posted by portcity FB:

Originally posted by lockray:
This comment isn't really meant to change your view because that probably can't be done. Your comment will not be taken seriously by anyone who was at the game for two reasons. First most of those penalties didn't really hurt SC. They scored anyway, it only prolonged their drives. Hoggard couldn't stop them in the first half. Second, for you to have watched that defensive performance by Hoggard in the second half and not give them any credit shows where your views are. if you don't give some respect you will never get any.
4mFxC.gif

They have their rings and much respect for that but we have their ass and that burns them up. That is why they like barking up our tree. This year it will be 60 to 7 if we want it to be.

He's playing around, don't get so sensitive.

If having our ass during down years floats your boat, then ride the boat. But like you said, give me those rings, any day.

They have their rings and much respect for that but we have their ass and that burns them up. That is why they like barking up our tree. This year it will be 60 to 7 if we want it to be.

2011 was a long time ago, I know that burns you up.

Not at all buddy because SC has not finished and we have gotten what we deserved but it does give me great laughter when I see the bears roll into SC because I know an ass whipping is about ready to be handed to the 3 time heavyweight champions. You guys have not had much to sing about lately and while we have fallen short you guys have not even been in the conversation (FACT). I will take being in the conversation than where NB is right now. I hope you all get better. Its much better when you are very good as opposed to very average but based on what I saw last year that is not likely in the cards in the near future. Hope I'm wrong I want SC to play the best win or loose thats why for once I'm excited about what Bailey did this year (with schedule) he is not taking the easy road nor should he with the team he has.

Not at all buddy because SC has not finished and we have gotten what we deserved but it does give me great laughter when I see the bears roll into SC because I know an ass whipping is about ready to be handed to the 3 time heavyweight champions. You guys have not had much to sing about lately and while we have fallen short you guys have not even been in the conversation (FACT). I will take being in the conversation than where NB is right now. I hope you all get better. Its much better when you are very good as opposed to very average but based on what I saw last year that is not likely in the cards in the near future. Hope I'm wrong I want SC to play the best win or loose thats why for once I'm excited about what Bailey did this year (with schedule) he is not taking the easy road nor should he with the team he has.

We've rolled in there with one competive team, and lost like your 6-point outing at Caruso-Coates Stadium in 2012. You're also lucky Hoggard beat you in 2014, you didn't want any of Mike Hughes (FACT).

We've been through a few down years before and always seem to find our way back to Winston Salem or Chapel Thrill. New Bern won a State Championship (2014) after losing 4 games the year before, we're not really that concerned. But if Coach Curlings had all that talent that SC has, you damn well best believe he'd be getting the job done.

Last edited:
I would agree on your last statement about coaches- Your teams not being competitive is not our fault (get better) Relying on the past for the future is a recipe for disaster. On good authority the cupboard is pretty bare in the Bern. I want you to return to your glory days it makes it much better - not much fun in beating a 3 legged dog. Also Sc was not better than Dudley in 2014 nor would we have beat them last year. Just facts our only real chance IMO was the year JR didn't play and you guys were a better team than SC as well. So while I have issues with Bailey none of those teams were better than the teams that won championships that year. My bigger issues are about losing to inferior teams CF, Hoggard and ND. Inexcusable and I'm a Scot to the end. Again get better NB. We like you when you are better.

I'm not relying on anything, just a fan and a former student giving my observation. We need some of those transfers everyone keeps talking about, we don't know what those are over here.

I think SC/Dudley would've been more competitive than you think last year. You always have a shot when you have that caliber of defense and one of the best running backs in the country, just need to be prepared.

I can think of 2 NB teams that were competitive 2011 & 2013
and I dnt knw Jmac I think scotland at there best can play with anybody in the state

I can think of 2 NB teams that were competitive 2011 & 2013
and I dnt knw Jmac I think scotland at there best can play with anybody in the state
Playing with and winning are two different things. When has sc beat a team that was better than them in recent memory? Now the list is short but they didnt' beat NB in 2012 or Dudley in 2014. How many teams have we lost to that we were better than during the same time - Southern Durham, North Davidson, Hoggard (still burns me), New Hanover and Cape Fear. This list is still short but at some point you need to close the deal and this is not about players IMO. SC has more than enough talent to beat teams that have equal or better talent. I would say talent wise SC/Dudley are right under MC statewide over the last few years. Schematically we lack the ability to adapt when things are not working.

You say in suspect coaching. great post hope family is well. Ct what if you fall short this year.?....???????

North Davidson wasn't inferior to Scotland. You guys couldn't stop our offense, we couldn't stop your amazing running back. Both defenses got lit up, but overall the teams were equal. I was there, and we had CC on the ropes the very next week, could have had a chance to win if not for a bad call that the QB was past the line of scrimmage. We may not have won states, but that team was good. Certainly better than last years; no defense at all lol. Need to get that tightened up, I don't care if we're going down to 2A or not. No such thing as a champion with a bad defense...

North Davidson wasn't inferior to Scotland. You guys couldn't stop our offense, we couldn't stop your amazing running back. Both defenses got lit up, but overall the teams were equal. I was there, and we had CC on the ropes the very next week, could have had a chance to win if not for a bad call that the QB was past the line of scrimmage. We may not have won states, but that team was good. Certainly better than last years; no defense at all lol. Need to get that tightened up, I don't care if we're going down to 2A or not. No such thing as a champion with a bad defense...
I was there as well and there is no one other than homers that would say the talent was equal. You guys had superior game plan and coaching (the fake field goal for TD) that was all about lack of discipline and poor coaching on our part. The run on 4th down into the boundary (not very smart) even our own coach said he would have still gone for it but not with that horrible call. You rb and qb were the 2 and 3rd best player on the team after that SC had more horses. Not taken away anything from you guys but SC has shown a habit of losing games in the playoffs against teams they should have beat. Again ND had a very nice squad but I don't think talent wise it was close after the top 4 players on each squad.

Last edited:
You do realize that talent doesn't make a team superior right? It's the whole package, and with everything included Scotland was not superior to North. You can have all the talent in the world, and it doesn't mean squat if you don't execute.

You do realize that talent doesn't make a team superior right? It's the whole package, and with everything included Scotland was not superior to North. You can have all the talent in the world, and it doesn't mean squat if you don't execute.
I agree 100 percent and that has been SC biggest problem for years winning off talent doesn't work when you can't make adjustments and have poor game plans and that night SC was out coached 6 ways to Sunday. You are making my point we are just saying it differently. ND saw Davie county pick us a part the week before and with better talent they wiped SC and our staff didn't do anything differently against virtually the same wide open type of offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT