ADVERTISEMENT

Hibriten @ Hickory

I'm gonna try to attend this game with my wife. It feels funny sitting on the visitors' side of my alma mater(kids make us do stuff)(in the stadium I helped build)!
The stadium opened 40 years ago in 1983. I too, have had to sit across the field from my alma mater when my son played for another local high school. I'm out of that prison now and enjoy the game of high school football as well as anyone.

Hickory should be able to score many points this season. They are loaded at the skill positions so much that our school's 3rd leading quarterback all time in passing yards and touchdowns will start at middle linebacker this year. Coach Glass has been able to add a couple of line coaches to his staff and that has freed him up to be more focused on the offensive scheme and do what a head coach should do during the game.

Defensively the Red Tornadoes are not big, but they are rangy and have some good experience going for them. So far in their two scrimmages they have gotten after the other team aggressively. Managing that aggressiveness against an option team is the key to winning this matchup.

I'm on the DL after knee surgery last week so will most lkely have to keep up with the action online. It's probably best that way this year. If I figure out an angle to get my vehicle inside the stadium, I'll let my bud, Beamer know and maybe we can have a brief meet and greet before the game.

Good luck to both teams and let's hope for a great game. Go Red Tornadoes!

Last edited:
The stadium opened 40 years ago in 1983. I too, have had to sit across the field from my alma mater when my son played for another local high school. I'm out of that prison now and enjoy the game of high school football as well as anyone.

Hickory should be able to score many points this season. They are loaded at the skill positions so much that our school's 3rd leading quarterback all time in passing yards and touchdowns will start at middle linebacker this year. Coach Glass has been able to add a couple of line coaches to his staff and that has freed him up to ne more focused on the offensive scheme and do what a head coach should do during the game.

Defensively the Red Tornadoes are not big, but they are rangy and have some good experience going for them. So far in their two scrimmages they have gotten after the other team aggressively. Managing that aggressiveness against an option team is the key to winning this matchup.

I'm on the DL after knee surgery last week so will most lkely have to keep up with the action online. It's probably best that way this year. If I figure out an angle to get my vehicle inside the stadium, I'll let my bud, Beamer know and maybe we can have a brief meet and greet before the game.

Good luck to both teams and let's hope for a great game. Go Red Tornadoes!
There is one thing good about being on here for so long. God had blessed me by meeting people
I’d have never met if it wasn’t for NCPREPS

I’ve met a ton of good folks in my high school football travels. I hold you and beamer in high regard. That’s a straight fact.

Good luck to Hickory. I hope they have a heck of a year. Get well my friend

There is one thing good about being on here for so long. God had blessed me by meeting people
I’d have never met if it wasn’t for NCPREPS

I’ve met a ton of good folks in my high school football travels. I hold you and beamer in high regard. That’s a straight fact.

Good luck to Hickory. I hope they have a heck of a year. Get well my friend
You know it.

Ain't going to post much these next few years as I have some skin in the game now but I will post the score updates. Hickory seems to be on the upside tough opening game for Hibriten.
Good Luck and Hope for Injury free season for your son!!!! Is he on Varsity or JV?? Will have to meet you @beamer24 when I make it to a game this year at Jeff Storie

I'm gonna try to attend this game with my wife. It feels funny sitting on the visitors' side of my alma mater(kids make us do stuff)(in the stadium I helped build)!
I'll be right there with you in a handful of years. Unfortunately, my kid will be going to Crest (more than likely). I'm absolutely dreading it. Good thing is, he doesn't play football, but he plays other sports. That's going to suck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT