ADVERTISEMENT

Hertford County @ Nash Central - Princeton @ Elizabeth City Northeastern

Hopefully your right but we need #4 Devaughn Bell to be able to return. He is a key player that we can’t afford to lose.
Princeton from what I saw earlier in the year vs Clinton not good defensively y’all should score with ease especially passing Our QB went for 247 and 4 TDs vs them. Defensively long as y’all can stop that single wing should be fine.

Last edited:
Princeton from what I saw earlier in the year vs Clinton not good defensively y’all should score with ease especially passing Our QB went for 247 and 4 TDs vs them. Defensively long as y’all can stop that single wing should be fine.
That’s what we’ve heard.

That Hertford County team we saw play tonight looked really good and it was almost like they felt like they had something to prove.
Seems like they were overlooked by most that way judging by the post I read on the thread. You and others that saw HC play tried to tell them. I guess some folks just gotta witness it. I remember seeing that kid Rogers as a sophomore lol hell that was two years ago so I already knew. And based off what I saw with Wallace defense I figured HC had the opportunity to pull it off.

Reactions: daagoob
Don't worry Goob Im not going to disappear on ya. Your Eagles should handle Princeton. As far as Hertford / Nash looks like both are playing good ball now so I sure don't know.

• Love
Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
Goob, my friend who is a Clinton fan told me when they played Princeton who is 98% run to pass, Clinton stacked box, and kept Princeton in 3rd and longs all night, and Princeton couldn’t do a damn thing. They run their own version of the Single-Wing but without the spinning and multiple handoffs post snap. They will try and keep your offense off the field with ball control, my prediction: They got no chance in doing so, NE rolls big!

Goob, my friend who is a Clinton fan told me when they played Princeton who is 98% run to pass, Clinton stacked box, and kept Princeton in 3rd and longs all night, and Princeton couldn’t do a damn thing. They run their own version of the Single-Wing but without the spinning and multiple handoffs post snap. They will try and keep your offense off the field with ball control, my prediction: They got no chance in doing so, NE rolls big!
I also think we’ll win but I thought wrh would beat Hertford County so I’m going to try and stay optimistic.

Don't worry Goob Im not going to disappear on ya. Your Eagles should handle Princeton. As far as Hertford / Nash looks like both are playing good ball now so I sure don't know.
I would have to pick Hertford. They have a better pocket passer than us and you can throw on Nash. @tarheelg told me that before the game and I saw it during the game. Hertford should have a lot of success going deep. Defensive ends need to make sure to seal the ends. They like to run outside both ways. #5 is who you have to contain. If he gets a seam he is gone. Really quick.

I was shocked at how easily they seemed to move the ball on Wallace.
Same, there was little to no resistance. The Bears offense moved the ball all over the field both through the air and on the ground with ease. Nash Centrals secondary better be able to disrupt the passing game of HC or it will be a long night. I said before the Wrh game that HC was jeckyl and hyde, you just never know which team will show.

I was shocked at how easily they seemed to move the ball on Wallace.
If you saw some of the other games you wouldn’t be. Best defensive game Wallace played was against y’all and y’all best RB was on the sideline. Beating up on Lenior county schools and all a sudden they fanbase thought they figured it out. Hindsight is what it is but im not surprised one bit at what HC did to them last night.

I got Hertford over Nash central and northeastern over Princeton.
I’m not sure if Hertford County can play like they just did in consecutive games. If they can they will advance to rd 4. They really looked good last night. I’m not sure of #4 Devaughn Bells status but Northeastern is going to need him going forward. Our star Tyselle Spencer hasn’t really played in the last two games with the exception of a couple last Thursday against Holmes. I know he’ll be back in the backfield next week so hopefully he’ll ball out against Princeton and that running attack of theirs.

This will be an exciting time for us in Elizabeth City because we’ll be hosting a very successful football program that we’ve never played before, to my knowledge anyway. I went to Princeton not long ago for game day and that program has it going on. Their administration and boosters know how to put on a show. The atmosphere for a high school game was second to none. The small stadium,food,fireworks,and the field (Astro Turf) was first class. The only thing better about our stadium here is the sound system.

I also think we’ll win but I thought wrh would beat Hertford County so I’m going to try and stay optimistic.
dagoob, you guys shouldntt have any trouble with Princeton, they play different as described by the other posters. They will attempt to play possession football controlling the pace of the game. Your defense must stop them , otherwise you don’t get the # of possessions you usually get. I don’t see them stopping your offense but your offense has got to get the ball

dagoob, you guys shouldntt have any trouble with Princeton, they play different as described by the other posters. They will attempt to play possession football controlling the pace of the game. Your defense must stop them , otherwise you don’t get the # of possessions you usually get. I don’t see them stopping your offense but your offense has got to get the ball
I actually just posted about Princeton before I read this post. I basically said the same thing. We have to keep their offense off the field

Reactions: Wizard of the East
I would have to pick Hertford. They have a better pocket passer than us and you can throw on Nash. @tarheelg told me that before the game and I saw it during the game. Hertford should have a lot of success going deep. Defensive ends need to make sure to seal the ends. They like to run outside both ways. #5 is who you have to contain. If he gets a seam he is gone. Really quick.
This was what I wanted to know Ottis4411, I was just assuming the Horses would play HC in 4th round but I don’t know. Could Nash Central play better defense than HC?? I heard the HC qb who I liked as a sophmore may be a little high risk throwing into coverage, what impressed me about him 2 years ago was his mobility . Nash Central is out of the blue for me, I can only compare their schedule and it appears they do hold their pontoon on defense. Could this game be a toss-up or are you pretty firm on HC

Last edited:
This will be an exciting time for us in Elizabeth City because we’ll be hosting a very successful football program that we’ve never played before, to my knowledge anyway. I went to Princeton not long ago for game day and that program has it going on. Their administration and boosters know how to put on a show. The atmosphere for a high school game was second to none. The small stadium,food,fireworks,and the field (Astro Turf) was first class. The only thing better about our stadium here is the sound system.
wait till ya get to DarkHorse Stadium again, much better atmosphere than last time you were there We don’t have the Astro turf but we excell in everything else and everything is manicured very well
May even have the Horses there!

wait till ya get to DarkHorse Stadium again, much better atmosphere than last time you were there We don’t have the Astro turf but we excell in everything else and everything is manicured very well
Also the concessions are really good chargrilledhanburger/cheeseburger, and grilled pork chop sandwiches . Everything is so good they talk sell out everything they cook!
The smoke/aroma over the stadium pre-game makes you want what they’re cooking!

Yeah I’m hoping to see the guy riding that horse. Darkhorse Stadium is one of my favorite stadiums and I’m looking forward to going back there. We have a tough game this week and obviously if you’ve made it to rd 3 you have to be playing good.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Yeah I’m hoping to see the guy riding that horse. Darkhorse Stadium is one of my favorite stadiums and I’m looking forward to going back there. We have a tough game this week and obviously if you’ve made it to rd 3 you have to be playing good.
As one of my old football buddies would always say at this point of the playoffs, “the culls are gone!”

This was what I wanted to know Ottis4411, I was just assuming the Horses would play HC in 4th round but I don’t know. Could Nash Central play better defense than HC?? I heard the HC qb who I liked as a sophmore may be a little high risk throwing into coverage, what impressed me about him 2 years ago was his mobility . Nash Central is out of the blue for me, I can only compare their schedule and it appears they do hold their pontoon on defense. Could this game be a toss-up or are you pretty firm on HC
I can’t say Nash Central has no chance. It a throwing team can have success with them. Add in the ability of Rogers to run the ball. I just like HC’s chances better.

I can’t say Nash Central has no chance. It a throwing team can have success with them. Add in the ability of Rogers to run the ball. I just like HC’s chances better.
I would lean toward HC but I think NC has a shot. It’s how that ball goes in the pass. 2 if 3 things that can happen are nit good particularly if you’re depending on it. I think if HC win the qb will throw the ball but the difference will be his legs
I’m sure Nc has athletes though I just don’t know anything about them

So there’s two northeast teams here in the third round with a chance to make it to the fourth. Now, I’m a Tarboro guy, not really a northeast guy(like when we think of northeast nc football) or northeast apologist but I do feel it’s time that many put to bed the idea that all of these teams are trash. So hear me out. It’s clear their defense has been an issue for the top tier teams, and at times may have been what kept them from winning titles. I also think their bottom teams are much worse than many other conferences bottoms, and so that doesn’t help with the perception that they are trash. In 2016 edenton made it to the 2a title game and beat some traditional powers along the way. In 17-20 they also had really good teams but fell short to us. Their problem, they didn’t have a physical front. Id argue though that several of those years from 17-20 had they represented the east instead of us, they’d have at least one title. Next, let’s look at Hertford county, we’ve played them three years in a row and they defeated us last year. Two years ago they gave Clinton a great game, and last year gave whiteville all they wanted. I think they can score on anyone again this year, but I think the problem is going to be the defense. Now, let’s look at the eagles. They’ve made quite a few title game appearances and I feel were definitely the better team in 18, but got out coached, but again, it’s clear they can win big games. My point is not to say they are unlike anything else we see, but just make folks aware that at times their top tier teams are a little better than many believe.

So there’s two northeast teams here in the third round with a chance to make it to the fourth. Now, I’m a Tarboro guy, not really a northeast guy(like when we think of northeast nc football) or northeast apologist but I do feel it’s time that many put to bed the idea that all of these teams are trash. So hear me out. It’s clear their defense has been an issue for the top tier teams, and at times may have been what kept them from winning titles. I also think their bottom teams are much worse than many other conferences bottoms, and so that doesn’t help with the perception that they are trash. In 2016 edenton made it to the 2a title game and beat some traditional powers along the way. In 17-20 they also had really good teams but fell short to us. Their problem, they didn’t have a physical front. Id argue though that several of those years from 17-20 had they represented the east instead of us, they’d have at least one title. Next, let’s look at Hertford county, we’ve played them three years in a row and they defeated us last year. Two years ago they gave Clinton a great game, and last year gave whiteville all they wanted. I think they can score on anyone again this year, but I think the problem is going to be the defense. Now, let’s look at the eagles. They’ve made quite a few title game appearances and I feel were definitely the better team in 18, but got out coached, but again, it’s clear they can win big games. My point is not to say they are unlike anything else we see, but just make folks aware that at times their top tier teams are a little better than many believe.
I’m a believer; NE beat the Horses in the 2019 eastern title game, and HC and that qb gave us all we could handle year before last, still concerns me but the Hirses have 22 seniors from that team.. I feel certain the DarkHorses will probably meet up with them both potentially in the 4th &5th round They’ll know who they’re playing
Welcome to DarkHorse Stadium again.

This post is spot on and I even learned something that I had never thought of. Our bottom teams (Manteo/Ptank/First Flight) are worse than the bottom teams in probably every conference. I’m glad you shed light on that. I also know we were the better team in 18 as well. We’ve been to three state title games in 12 years so that’s batting 25%. I think that’s something our coaches can be proud of and we have a good chance to make it back this year if we stay healthy. Last season we suffered the devastating loss of our rb in the playoffs and that derailed us from playing for an eastern championship. This year we have him back as well as a great qb with one of the top receivers in the state and definitely the fastest team in all of 2a.

Some Northeastern info per Max Preps

Junior Qb Tre Jones is #1 in 2a. He has thrown for 2,676 yards on just 165 passing attempts. This should shine a light on how good our receivers are considering he has 60 less passing attempts than the qb sitting at number two. He has thrown for 34 touchdowns and has six interceptions on the year.

Senior Wr Tyquan Harney is sitting at #15 in Nc 2a with 741 yards and 12 tds. What makes this so special is that he’s only played in seven games whereas all 14 players listed above him have played in at least 10. This kid is amazing and I hate to see him leave.

Senior Rb Tyselle Spencer is sitting at #7 in Nc 2a with 2021 rushing yards on just 129 carries. This is incredible considering everyone above him has well over 200 carries with the exception of Paylor from Cummings who has 157 carries. These last two games he hasn’t even really played and I’m glad John and the others coming from Duplin County will get to see him play before he graduates. I know they love to see a good running back and Wrh has sure put some out lately.

I think we share the same desires but not for the same reasons. If we faced them again it would mean that our conference reigned supreme in the east and would be represented in the state championship. I personally don’t want to face Kaveon Rodgers and Hertford County again.
I’m not crazy about it either but I think the DarkHorses have the defense to do it, they did in 2021 and this defense is much better than 2021 and then the DarkHorse offense, I don’t see HC stopping them at all This is what I think Clinton’s path to a potential championship could be: Southeast Alamance, Hertford County, Northeastern, Reidsville. Tough row to hoe but I think they can do it

I’m not crazy about it either but I think the DarkHorses have the defense to do it, they did in 2021 and this defense is much better than 2021 and then the DarkHorse offense, I don’t see HC stopping them at all This is what I think Clinton’s path to a potential championship could be: Southeast Alamance, Hertford County, Northeastern, Reidsville. Tough row to hoe but I think they can do it
I’m a believer in you guys this year as well. I think you guys have a special group this year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT