ADVERTISEMENT

HC Opening in the SMC

who were the other 3 besides Bryson and where did they play?

Mitch Myers almost ran Murphy's football program into the ground, so his coaching chops (or lack thereof) is well documented. According to people at the time, Murphy had a state title caliber team in '78 with one of Murphy's greatest ever athletes in Ricky Lyles the feature attraction and he couldn't get them out of the first round of the playoffs.
Ricky was a great athlete

Reactions: knine1 and mbdfan
Both guys have been or are current head coaches..one very successful as head coach..the other struggled record wise but has been great def cord and can flat out coach..either would win at hayesville...the key is getting a staff and one of those two would have a " rock solid " staff in place almost immediately

Like I said need to hire one
That would be part of " rock solid" staff...that was mentioned earlier in a post..i may be dead wrong..wouldn't be 1st time...but i believe Hayesville can win..can compete year in year out with the The right staff in place..not just head coach but solid position coaches solid jv coaches ect..theres a formula that has worked really well across the mt...just saying..amd people laugh at ideal of Chappell going to swain..my gut tells me money wouldnt be an issue and if coach Blankenship gets out..wouldnt shock me a bit to see chappell in maroon

That would be part of " rock solid" staff...that was mentioned earlier in a post..i may be dead wrong..wouldn't be 1st time...but i believe Hayesville can win..can compete year in year out with the The right staff in place..not just head coach but solid position coaches solid jv coaches ect..theres a formula that has worked really well across the mt...just saying..amd people laugh at ideal of Chappell going to swain..my gut tells me money wouldnt be an issue and if coach Blankenship gets out..wouldnt shock me a bit to see chappell in maroon
Wouldn't shock me either seeing he is a SMC guy born and bred.

Hayesville is very capable of competing and winning! If the coaching shuffles continues every 2-3 years it isn’t going to happen. Stability is the key to success!!! Joey Robinson started out horribly his first couple of years at Mtn Heritage but they gave him a chance and now look what he has built.

It looked like to me that the kids have a lack of desire to play football. Honestly Hayesville hasn't been known for football. Very few winning seasons.

Hayesville has the athletes and the numbers. They could compete and be in the upper level of the conference but everyone is has to buy in. They do well in basketball, baseball & Track. They have the athletes

Franklin had had less than that in 75 yrs before 2000..now 18/19 yrs at .500 or better..it can be done...all about attitude abd and work ethic along with internal expectations within the program..

Franklin had had less than that in 75 yrs before 2000..now 18/19 yrs at .500 or better..it can be done...all about attitude abd and work ethic along with internal expectations within the program..
I believe people in charge are going to have to realize that these things take time. New coach every 3 years isn't Healthy. Miller 09-11, Hughes 12-13, Myers 14-15, Dockery 16-18. It's hard to turn something around with those type of changes. Word is new administration isn't a good fit for Clay Co.

Havent heard of hayesvile contacting the coaches ive talked about above..correct me if im wrong but isnt the superintendent a former football coach? Be interesting to see if he puts an emphasis on football..i do know Hayesville allowed Franklin to come over and use there facility last week for practice with all the rain and the staff at Franklin raved about the staduim and the field...since there seems to be NO HOPE of ever getting turf in Macon county(but no need for a rant about some of the folks running our county) ..id say Former SM head coach and Franklin d cord Hawkins may have interest (pure speculation) and id say there may be others in Macon county that would " lend an ear" if Hayesville called..by the way is there any other word outta swain county about coach balnkenship stepping down at end of season?

Havent heard of hayesvile contacting the coaches ive talked about above..correct me if im wrong but isnt the superintendent a former football coach? Be interesting to see if he puts an emphasis on football..i do know Hayesville allowed Franklin to come over and use there facility last week for practice with all the rain and the staff at Franklin raved about the staduim and the field...since there seems to be NO HOPE of ever getting turf in Macon county(but no need for a rant about some of the folks running our county) ..id say Former SM head coach and Franklin d cord Hawkins may have interest (pure speculation) and id say there may be others in Macon county that would " lend an ear" if Hayesville called..by the way is there any other word outta swain county about coach balnkenship stepping down at end of season?
Superintendent coached middle school ball for a couple of years! Whoever comes in better be ready to be told what to do and how to do it! He hired the S&S coach and my son has gotten weaker! The community will support the new coach for a year or so and if he doesn’t have instant results they want him gone! I hear it every Friday night sitting in the stands from parents who I know for a fact never played in High school. My son doesn’t play much but he loved Dockery and the other coaches and was excited to play ball now he is unsure! Hope it all works out and the Jackets come to be a football school!!!

Reactions: SMC REDNECK
Superintendent coached middle school ball for a couple of years! Whoever comes in better be ready to be told what to do and how to do it! He hired the S&S coach and my son has gotten weaker! The community will support the new coach for a year or so and if he doesn’t have instant results they want him gone! I hear it every Friday night sitting in the stands from parents who I know for a fact never played in High school. My son doesn’t play much but he loved Dockery and the other coaches and was excited to play ball now he is unsure! Hope it all works out and the Jackets come to be a football school!!!
Not sure of his background, but the Jackets have some talent and they should be better next year!

Reactions: farmersonly
Heard that the new Superintendent has moral at Clay County at an all time low. Principal at HHS resigned earlier in the year. From what I'm told, the powers that be wouldn't know the difference between a fullback trap and a screen pass.

Reactions: farmersonly
it takes awhile for a team to buy in to what your trying to do and what type of offense your trying run. we actually had most of the team bought in but injuries hit us very hard. As for the superintendent at hayesville he will brag about his football days but in reality there is none so take that info and do what you will with it. Also on a side note his son used to coach for towns county don't be surprised to see a father son duo witch would send hayesvilles football program straight down the drain.

Reactions: Mosteller 22
Piss I wanna hear some straight forward stuff, screw this beatin tha bush holdin back names!! Come out and say it fellers!!

it takes awhile for a team to buy in to what your trying to do and what type of offense your trying run. we actually had most of the team bought in but injuries hit us very hard. As for the superintendent at hayesville he will brag about his football days but in reality there is none so take that info and do what you will with it. Also on a side note his son used to coach for towns county don't be surprised to see a father son duo witch would send hayesvilles football program straight down the drain.
Thread mentions Swain going after Chappell numerous times. Hopefully his next step from Pisgah is back to his alma mater! The community has wanted him on the sidelines for years!
There will be no change at Swain. Coach Blankenship there as long as he wants. Why would Swain go for a coach who has very little playoff success. This year for example.

Blankenship has earned his coaching job and he is a very good coach who has been in swain county system for last 25 years.he coached with boyce dietz,rod white,sam patillo.his knowledge for the game is superb.he doesn't choose his assistants the school board does.if he got to choose his staff there would be changes imo.he's done decent this year with one of swains least talented teams.the fan base at swain seems to think because these kids were undefeated in youth ball they should in high school also and that's not the case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT