ADVERTISEMENT

HC Opening in the SMC

Again winning a title in 1a or 1aa is no different than winning in 4a or 4aa. YOU ARE COMPETING AGAINST LIKE SIZED SCHOOLS. No a 1a sized school is normally not as good as 4a school and they should not be. So YES, it is as difficult for a 1a/1aa sized school to win in 1a or 1aa as any other classification.

Hey Mag, I keep asking who should 1a teams play? If only Bigger who should 4a Schools play?

Mountie you worry about you 300lb mommy being able to get out of her recliner to fix you a PBandJ sandwich tonight before you play dungeons and Dragons in her basement.

You should worry about your 300lb mommy before I play doctor in her basement. EXTRA pb&j please.

You dont hsve to worry about you mommy playing doctor with anyone. Haha.
You might have to worry about a real doctor though. She is in BAD shape.

He started the mommy comments on another thread. I shouldn't went to his level.

Again winning a title in 1a or 1aa is no different than winning in 4a or 4aa. YOU ARE COMPETING AGAINST LIKE SIZED SCHOOLS. No a 1a sized school is normally not as good as 4a school and they should not be. So YES, it is as difficult for a 1a/1aa sized school to win in 1a or 1aa as any other classification.

Hey Mag, I keep asking who should 1a teams play? If only Bigger who should 4a Schools play?

It's absolutely different. You don't get byes in the other divisions nor do you have 1 or 2 win teams playing in the playoffs. Most teams are 7-3 and above. The competition level is night and day from 1A to the other brackets.

It's absolutely different. You don't get byes in the other divisions nor do you have 1 or 2 win teams playing in the playoffs. Most teams are 7-3 and above. The competition level is night and day from 1A to the other brackets.
You're thick, 4A and 4AA do have byes. Do you not understand that 2A and 3A have 113 and 114 football playing schools while 1A and 4A have 73 and 77 respectively?

I still say Swain will make a huge run at Chappell if Coach Blankenship steps down..as to the hayesville job..no idea but i believe it can be a good job...

if you knew what went on behind the scenes at hayesville this year and how many of our players got injured you would not be so quick to judge!

Reactions: farmersonly
The hayesville job can be a good job, with that being said it’s got to be important to community, staff, and players.we seem to have resources for additional commissioners, county manager assistant, mention money for school people go crazy. Players must work hard in the weight room. Among other things. There is no magic head coach

The hayesville job can be a good job, with that being said it’s has to become important to the community as well as the kids. The idea of 2 extra county commissioners was welcomed, assistant county manager welcomed, any mention of money for school people go berserk. Head coach can’t be set up to fail. Players have to buy into strength program.

It's like that with a lot of the counties out west...when most of your residents' kids and grandkids live in Florida, they don't care too much about the schools here. Just as long as you keep the pickleball courts in pristine shape.

Not gonna happen..even if they run..trust me!
Never say never!!! I know he is doing well at Pisgah but I know he loves the Smoky Mountain Conference. Chances on a state title would be somewhat easier too. I’m not saying that he couldn’t do it at Pisgah, just saying competition is easier in 1A ball.

I still say Swain will make a huge run at Chappell if Coach Blankenship steps down..as to the hayesville job..no idea but i believe it can be a good job...
Hayesville traditionally has never won. I'm not sure but I bet they haven't had many winning seasons, with the exception of the Mosteller era, early 90s, early 2000s, and their 2 SMC championships.

So to say it could be a good job, is a big statement. Not sure football is important there.

Reactions: Mosteller 22
With Hayesvilles upcoming non conf schedule next couple yrs..with the right staff in place its a 7 or 8 win program every year...its just a matter of can they get the right guy hired...as far as Swain being easier to win titles than pisgah...if thats the case the difference is very very small...as long as swain stays 1aa...and with next realignment 1aa is going to be brutal..

Im not taking anything away from swain..just saying 1aa is totally different animal than it once was..

Hayesville traditionally has never won. I'm not sure but I bet they haven't had many winning seasons, with the exception of the Mosteller era, early 90s, early 2000s, and their 2 SMC championships.

So to say it could be a good job, is a big statement. Not sure football is important there.
The last winning Season was 2007 7-5.

There are a ton of coaches in Hayesville! Just come on a Friday night and you can hear them screaming “you gotta block line” and “you gotta tackle guys” from the stands maybe if they would have screamed that all week at practice the kids would have known to do it on Friday nights! Lol

Not trying to be argumentative, but 1aa was waaay deeper and more loaded in it’s first ten years than it is now (or even when Swain won it in 2011). Thomasville, Albemarle, Starmount, Maiden, Hendersonville, etc were some of the regular big fish in those days. Thomasville and Albemarle used to dominate it from 2001-2010. The only team even close to those two teams in 1aa today is Tarboro, but even the Vikings aren’t as good as those two teams were, IMO. But they are close. I doubt 1aa will ever be as tough as it was in the early days but point taken about it being tougher now than it was when Swain won it a few years ago.
I agree, the early to mid 00's 1AA playoffs were loaded and way better than they are now. The difference now is that Wallace Rose Hill and Tarboro are just that much better than everyone out west. Wallace Rose Hill may drop back down to 1A next realignment and between them and Tarboro the odds of Swain winning another state title anytime soon are low, especially when Swain dont even have the talent coming through that Murphy and Robbinsville does.

Reactions: NC nole fan
which school are you talking about? CSD has got 35 on the team and only 4 freshman..and every kid has been at CSD since they were lotteried in via elementary school.
Dude, the average public school with say 500 students have 300 students who don't play any sports at all. Of those 300, 100 of them don't even want to be in school. A school like CSD has a whole school loaded with students who are highly motivated to succeed. That carries over to sports. They don't have to be the most athletic, they just have to work. No matter how you paint it, the charter schools have an advantage. And for the lottery thing, I am not buying it for one second, and neither is anyone else. If a really good player wants to go to your school, I bet he just happens to be the luckiest kid in the lottery. There are many of cases where a youth or club coach decides to take a charter school job. What do you know, all of his club kids just happen to win the lottery. Yep, kids just got lucky and got in. No one is buying this.

And the Charter oversees the lottery with no outside participation.

No reason to keep bitching bout charter schools..they arent going anywhere..actually more arrives every year and the NCHSAA has no guts or no clue how to deal with them...but i guess robbinsville liked 1a better when only 35 schools even played football in 1a...charters havent won titles in football yet but have owned basketball

Can be if right man gets the job.players,community an school staff have to buy into the program..remember its a team effort. Win games everybody's on board .not been the case in a long long time.
From an outsider, it looked as if Hayesville was headed in right direction. They had won SMC games and had a playoff win in 2016. This coming after not winning a single SMC game in 14 and 15. This year it looked as if the injury bug hit them hard. I believe I heard there were some games where they didn't even have a rb healthy, and I think I heard they finished the season with 2 lineman in the back field. Plus was down to their 3rd string qb.

That is tough for any team to overcome.

Hayesville had alot more kids then. I think i remember them having about 430 ten years ago. Now having 370. Thats not helping them any.

Hayesville had alot more kids then. I think i remember them having about 430 ten years ago. Now having 370. Thats not helping them any.
some of that is the early college, not sure how much of it, obviously not 60 students worth

Since the year TCEC opened (06), Murphy is down 117 students (587 to 470, 20 %), Andrews is down 57 students (266 to 209, 22%), and Hayesville is down 62 students (432 to 370, 15%). That's close to 250 students between the three--not even counting HDHS--and the ECs' ADM is only 138, so you can't blame the decline in students across the board in Clay and Cherokee Counties just on the EC.

I wonder if Andrews will keep football if the enrollment falls under 200.

Since the year TCEC opened (06), Murphy is down 117 students (587 to 470, 20 %), Andrews is down 57 students (266 to 209, 22%), and Hayesville is down 62 students (432 to 370, 15%). That's close to 250 students between the three--not even counting HDHS--and the ECs' ADM is only 138, so you can't blame the decline in students across the board in Clay and Cherokee Counties just on the EC.
Interesting

Yeh, those are the numbers from the first fall TCEC was open. If you go with the 05 numbers, from the fall before it opened, it's 617 Murphy, 255 Andrews, and 410 Hayesville. A little different but not much.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT