ADVERTISEMENT

HC Opening in the SMC

Does Scooter McCoy make a return to coaching? Bryson is open and his sons have already attended there. He was at the Boys Club last I heard.

Scooter McCoy will never coach at swain county.if you ain't affiliated with the school or the county you want even be acknowledged and eventually they will run Blankenship out just liike they did rod white and Sam patillo.its all political in bc and it sux

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
I found it mighty interesting on the guest coach that was roaming the Robbinsville sideline Friday night.. Did anyone else see him? He was actually inside the fence with our coaches the entire game

For those that can recall.... what did I say a few years ago? Yeah.... kinda nailed it. Still love the Devils and always will but not gonna worry about it anymore. Back to my very own blacklist again. Y'all have a Merry Christmas and Congrats to Murphy and Tarboro today.

Reactions: knine1 and Swain97
They would have to completely change the culture for Coach C to take the job, strength coach, weight room work ,summer work, but he is a great coach.
From what I have been told the superintendent wants a handful of control in the football program!! I don’t know any head coach that wants to deal with that. At least it is basketball season! :D Lol

Reactions: Smctrain
That's right.rumor had it that brett chappell applied for job when Blankenship was hired. There was a committee of former coaches and faculty who chose Blankenship and he will be at swain co until he is ready to quit or move on or whatever and although chappell seems to be a super good coach and a super fine person Blankenship started as a mgr in the early eighties and has been affiliated with the program since then and he is very knowledgeable of the game as he was mentored by some excellent coaches and if the school board and commissioners leave him alone he too will be very successful also.

Not sure about the initials. I heard the other day that Campana might be the front runner for the Hayesville job!
Highly doubt it. This job may be very unpopular. From rumors I hear, the Head Coach doesn't have control of the weight room, participation in anything involving football is declining, (think the JVs finished season with 12 or 13 players), lastly Hayesville probably focuses the least on football of any school in the conference, yet when their not winning championships, they want a change with their Head Coach, just like what has just happened this season.
Not to mention the Administration has taken a turn for the worse, with the new Superintendent and losing the High School Principal. So the leadership at the school is questionable.

Hayesville better get somethin straightened out before they loose Mctaggart, Ashe and Gillis!! They loose them 3 they'll hurt for a while!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT