ADVERTISEMENT

HC Opening in the SMC

I for sure never said coach Blankenship should be out...his teams are well prepared...and yes gotta love those who think cracker bowl champs in termites translate to great varsity

Reactions: farmersonly
it takes awhile for a team to buy in to what your trying to do and what type of offense your trying run. we actually had most of the team bought in but injuries hit us very hard. As for the superintendent at hayesville he will brag about his football days but in reality there is none so take that info and do what you will with it. Also on a side note his son used to coach for towns county don't be surprised to see a father son duo witch would send hayesvilles football program straight down the drain.

Heard that the new Superintendent has moral at Clay County at an all time low. Principal at HHS resigned earlier in the year. From what I'm told, the powers that be wouldn't know the difference between a fullback trap and a screen pass.

Clay County has a new Superintendent. not so sure morale is low. Have heard a lot of people talk about how excited they are. That he is a real go getter. Just have little groups that have had it made all these years and he is making them do their job so they are the most vocal.

From what I was told he was over all atheltics in south GA where he was also the Assistant Superintendent. His son is the principle at Rabun County High School. Doubt he would leave it to be paid crumbs in NC. Also heard the school boards want to bring back the old guard, as in a certain head coach that lives near Hayesville but coaches in another county where his wife also still works. Other mentions have been that there is high interest in a coordinator from Murphy for the Hayesville position.

Reactions: Crimson jacket 1991
Clay County has a new Superintendent. not so sure morale is low. Have heard a lot of people talk about how excited they are. That he is a real go getter. Just have little groups that have had it made all these years and he is making them do their job so they are the most vocal.

From what I was told he was over all atheltics in south GA where he was also the Assistant Superintendent. His son is the principle at Rabun County High School. Doubt he would leave it to be paid crumbs in NC. Also heard the school boards want to bring back the old guard, as in a certain head coach that lives near Hayesville but coaches in another county where his wife also still works. Other mentions have been that there is high interest in a coordinator from Murphy for the Hayesville position.
Skip the athletics for one second. If people have not been doing there jobs at hayesville then please tell me how are they in the top ten schools for academics every single year!!!!!! what has happened at hayesville is that some people who should have never got elected on the school board did! Hayesville High School in academics is the best school in the smc and has been for quite sometime. A lot of people have a voice in this not just a small group at the school who have not been doing there job. Im all for change but in all reality if you get down to brass tax football means nothing compared to what your kid is being taught in school.

Reactions: Swain97
Coach Blankenship has complete control of who his staff is. Anyone in the know Is aware of this. Cracker bowls mean nothing at the jv or varsity level. Youth football is about having your fastest kid outrun the other teams fastest kid.

Very true.. although Anderson is one of the very few that has carried his domination from pee wees through varsity.

Very true.. although Anderson is one of the very few that has carried his domination from pee wees through varsity.
It just depends on why they were dominant, were they dominant because they hit puberty before everybody else and/or hit their growth spurts sooner or was it because of natural skill/ability.

I've seen several kids at Murphy that were dominate youth league players that were still dominate on varsity, I've also seen it go the other way with some others.

Skip the athletics for one second. If people have not been doing there jobs at hayesville then please tell me how are they in the top ten schools for academics every single year!!!!!! what has happened at hayesville is that some people who should have never got elected on the school board did! Hayesville High School in academics is the best school in the smc and has been for quite sometime. A lot of people have a voice in this not just a small group at the school who have not been doing there job. Im all for change but in all reality if you get down to brass tax football means nothing compared to what your kid is being taught in school.

Sorry for long post. Smcdom123, I’ll answer your post with some figures. First they are not top ten have not been in years. NC DPI says they are not. Clay County is living in the past with that belief.
Hayesville High
2015 - 70 B
2016 - 74 B
2017 - 70 B
2018 - 68 C.
Andrews High 2018 - 80 B
Hiawasse Dam 2018 - 77 B
Robbinsville High 2018 - 72 B

Don’t know anyone on Clay County school board so I cannot attest to that. From what I was told yes people are not doing there job. Past few years test scores prove that. So to make your point the kids are not being taught and everyone knows basketball is king. They need a whole culture change which is what I hear the new superintendent is doing.

Well ridgerunner the coaching staff at swain has everything from prior school board members sons to former superintendent sons to even the sheriffs son.I beg to differ that Blankenship has complete control of his staff.he has complete control of his staff after they are hired but he dont get to hand pick them.for many years swain was blessed with one of finest coaching staffs around.people are now seeing exactly how good they were.it takes a complete staff from top to bottom to be successful.it ain't blankenships fault he has to deal with the cards he's dealt.TRUST ME.we are talking about swain county here son,one of the most corrupt counties in the state

I thought all coaches at high school level got to pick their coaching staff..We have 5 coaches and 3 of them don't even work at school... I think maybe one works part-time now

Sorry for long post. Smcdom123, I’ll answer your post with some figures. First they are not top ten have not been in years. NC DPI says they are not. Clay County is living in the past with that belief.
Hayesville High
2015 - 70 B
2016 - 74 B
2017 - 70 B
2018 - 68 C.
Andrews High 2018 - 80 B
Hiawasse Dam 2018 - 77 B

Don’t know anyone on Clay County school board so I cannot attest to that. From what I was told yes people are not doing there job. Past few years test scores prove that. So to make your point the kids are not being taught and everyone knows basketball is king. They need a whole culture change which is what I hear the new superintendent is doing.
He's making changes alright, not for the better. Heard he's the type of parent that storms into coaches office, demands his son be qb, when told no, hc gone at end of the season. That Happened at Towns Co when he was there few years ago. Yeah real winner. The kids should be really strong next year as well, heard there rarely using the weight room, thanks to the new strength coach he hired.

Sounds like things are crazy in Hayesville! Sj68 and SMCREDNECK seem to have a lot of inside info on both sides of the fence (must be close to the situation). Will be interesting to see what happens

Hayesville High
2015 - 70 B
2016 - 74 B
2017 - 70 B
2018 - 68 C.
Andrews High 2018 - 80 B
Hiawasse Dam 2018 - 77 B

Well first of all when Hayesville did have some of the highest scores in the region most of the teachers that taught during those years are the ones still teaching. So teachers not doing their job must not be the issue! Maybe for one second we could look at today’s society and notice that this generation is spoiled and entitled! The amount of effort the student or player puts in will determine the level of success in the classroom and on the field. The fact that kids aren’t held accountable is the reason they don’t work hard in both! Everyone wants to blame the school system but all in all it is the individuals responsibility to put forth the effort to succeed. About the new superintendent just ask people who work for him how he is don’t go on heresay!

Reactions: KW23
Sounds like things are crazy in Hayesville! Sj68 and SMCREDNECK seem to have a lot of inside info on both sides of the fence (must be close to the situation). Will be interesting to see what happens
Not close, just listen to people talk.

He's making changes alright, not for the better. Heard he's the type of parent that storms into coaches office, demands his son be qb, when told no, hc gone at end of the season. That Happened at Towns Co when he was there few years ago. Yeah real winner. The kids should be really strong next year as well, heard there rarely using the weight room, thanks to the new strength coach he hired.

Don’t know anything about strength coach. I will agree though you have to be in the weight room. If I am correct it would be school board that hired not the superintendent. State of NC, superintendents have no power to hire or fire. Second the new superintendent never was at Towns County but his son was. Not for sure what point you were trying to get across.

Not close, just listen to people talk.

I do the same, just listen to people talk. Shows how bad of shape Clay County is really in. My sources are excited, this includes employees, and it sounds like your sources are not thrilled one bit. I guess time will sort it out. I do agree though with a earlier post, with a culture change Hayesville could be competitive.

Well ridgerunner the coaching staff at swain has everything from prior school board members sons to former superintendent sons to even the sheriffs son.I beg to differ that Blankenship has complete control of his staff.he has complete control of his staff after they are hired but he dont get to hand pick them.for many years swain was blessed with one of finest coaching staffs around.people are now seeing exactly how good they were.it takes a complete staff from top to bottom to be successful.it ain't blankenships fault he has to deal with the cards he's dealt.TRUST ME.we are talking about swain county here son,one of the most corrupt counties in the state
You are wrong.

After speaking to a couple of school board members, the community is sick of excuses, academically and football.
What excuses would you be talking about? Not sure about the academics, but as a football fan here's something to think about. Hayesville since 1960 has a .386 win percentage. (Per gobiggreen.net) So that's less than 4 wins per year. So you say that the most recent staff was no good. 2016: 3 wins, 2 of which were in SMC, which was the program's first conference wins since 2013, also a playoff win vs Alleghany. 2017: 3 wins, 2 wins in SMC. 2018: 1 win, worst injury bug I've seen, no rbs to finish the season. Take all of Murphy or Robbinsville's rbs away and they are a different team to.

If you look back at the years since 1960, these are average years for Hayesville. That's just facts. One might say move the youth league coaches up since they had so much succes in youth league. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they move the youth coaches up to JVs in 2015-2016. A TOTAL of 4 wins over those 2 years.

So to say the School Board Members are tired of excuses, maybe they have no clue! Maybe, out of the members on that school board, ONE member could tell the difference between a 5 technique and a 1 technique. I mean they agreed to completely turn their strength program over to someone that doesn't even take the kids to the weight room. News flash, that's important in football, not necessarily Basketball, which seems to be the focus.

My thoughts, Hayesville is a great school system. This day and age with the EC kids being counted in testing, most schools academics are lower. As far as football, Hayesville has never been good consistently in football. Good year here and there, but never consistent. Since 2008 there has been 5 different head coaches, all losing seasons. Perhaps that's not the problem???

Looks as though some research has been done, should they keep the head coach and make changes in staff?
Not my decision to make. I am just an observer. Hoping the best for the Jackets. I was just simply stating that there has been numerous head coaches, and no change.

You are right.it be interesting who the new coordinator will be.I don't think anyone on swain staff capable of taking over.

You are right.it be interesting who the new coordinator will be.I don't think anyone on swain staff capable of taking over.
Ryan McMahan .... unless he's your next head coach. Would make sense for him to run offense for a year or two while Neil finishes up his career as HC.

He couldn't run the jv offense.that be worst mistake swain county ever made.Blankenship be better off calling plays himself like boyce deitz did back in day.no offensive coordinator then.lol.McMahon is great guy and kids seem to like him I just don't know about his coaching mentality

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT