HC Opening in the SMC

Fightin4Braves

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2017
Last night when tha Braves went to hayesville someone from down there told me that they still dont have a coach but someone was comin outta Georgia that was highly recommended!!

Smctrain

Sep 28, 2013
Last night when tha Braves went to hayesville someone from down there told me that they still dont have a coach but someone was comin outta Georgia that was highly recommended!!
Correct, still no coach!!! Have had two interviews not sure how many more are scheduled!

dogtuff

Aug 23, 2004
What about the guy the superintendent thinks is a football genius, Leatherwood maybe ?

Fightin4Braves

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2017
Hope I don't have to see us go thru this again soon!! I wish politics and tha millon dollar boy club would stay completely outta tha way to!! I'd like it if whenever Briggs runs his course a young person would step in and be here for tha next 30 years!!

SMCtalk

Aug 18, 2014
From the Chatter going around. A couple of coaches inside the SMC were interested. But that was it. No interviews with them that I've heard. One coach I would think would be a good hire. Would be from just across state lines. Coach from Franklin could happen but with the superintendent who knows what will happen

Fightin4Braves

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2017
You'd think tha people who pushed Kenneth dockery out for his not so good job they would step into his position and show him and tha community what they was wantin!! I think he would've been ok with some more time and a big group of football players come thru and as long as he could stand tha lazy-boy coaches that didn't help bear tha burden say stuff to him thru his course then he woulda been ok!!

everyonelovesSMC

Nov 12, 2018
You'd think tha people who pushed Kenneth dockery out for his not so good job they would step into his position and show him and tha community what they was wantin!! I think he would've been ok with some more time and a big group of football players come thru and as long as he could stand tha lazy-boy coaches that didn't help bear tha burden say stuff to him thru his course then he woulda been ok!!
Kenneth is a great man and good coach! Personally I think it was a mistake to let him go. Yes he did resign after he was told they were going to make a change.

smcdom123

Jun 29, 2018
well the suspense continues i guess. i figured they would have someone by now spring comes faster then you think. plus boys need time to get acquainted with a new coach and probably staff dockery and the whole coaching staff have been there for years gonna be a tough change.

13bc9fc

Nov 26, 2016
Heard that Hayesville has been some candidates the run-around and been postponing/cancelling interviews. So that means they either have there guy or they are even more unprepared that thought.

smcdom123

Jun 29, 2018
Heard that Hayesville has been some candidates the run-around and been postponing/cancelling interviews. So that means they either have there guy or they are even more unprepared that thought.
i have heard so many different things who knows really i just would like to know who they hire.

everyonelovesSMC

Nov 12, 2018
Heard from a good source, that would know, that the interview committee doesn’t even know who has applied and that they have had only two interviews! Was supposed to have one today but the candidate canceled and rescheduled! The superintendent is controlling everything and won’t tell anyone anything! Not good for the future!!!!

smcdom123

Jun 29, 2018
whoever gets this job i hope they are strong willed. haven't heard many positives coming from the hayesville community.

farmersonly

Jun 28, 2017
Sometimes no news is good news. someone has to have some inside information!!! i guess everyone will have to wait until Monday.

SMCtalk

Aug 18, 2014
David Gentry was seen at huddle house with a Hayesville hat on. Was also overheard saying that to break the record and make it more challenging, he was going to be the HC for Hayesville this year

Reactions: farmersonly

Latest posts