ADVERTISEMENT

Hayesville girls take down Albemarle

recycled2

Feb 15, 2012
In a surprise the Lady Jackets down Albemarle 33-21. Injuries had HHS struggling at the end of the season. Their bench was mostly JV players. Leading scorer was hurt last week in practice. Big win after a long bus ride. Good job Lady Jackets.

Good showing for SMC girls. Albemarle had just won their conference tournament. Robbinsville beat HT who finished 1st in their conference. Congrats to Cherokee too on win over HD

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
So the 3rd place SMC team blew out the regular season champ and the 4th place team held the conference tournament champ to 21? Wow! Good they didn’t lockup with Cherokee or Murphy.

It was a physical game. Neither team could hit much. Albemarles only kind of big girl couldn't go which hurt them. But hayesville made plays when they had to and won. Good game to Coach McClure and the Lady Jackets hope they get home safe. Albemarle returns all 12 next year most of the team this year are sophomore and freshmen so a bright future for them. Good luck to the jackets the rest of the way.

Reactions: sway1532
I think all 4 teams will win again thursday.

I would not be surprised. For years the SMC was the queen of 1A women’s basketball. Then the NW 1A took their turn. Even during the rule of each, their toughest non conference competition came from the other, year in and year out. It seems somethings never change.

It was a physical game. Neither team could hit much. Albemarles only kind of big girl couldn't go which hurt them. But hayesville made plays when they had to and won. Good game to Coach McClure and the Lady Jackets hope they get home safe. Albemarle returns all 12 next year most of the team this year are sophomore and freshmen so a bright future for them. Good luck to the jackets the rest of the way.

Hayesville has no seniors and should be better as several of the injured should return.

Reactions: atucker2
Hayesville has no seniors and should be better as several of the injured should return.
To be honest I didn't see any sitting tonight.
Albemarle had a terrible game tonight but they have accomplished a lot this season and will definitely be a team to be reckoned with next year.

Reactions: sway1532
To be honest I didn't see any sitting tonight.
Albemarle had a terrible game tonight but they have accomplished a lot this season and will definitely be a team to be reckoned with next year.

How many did they dress tonight? They have 12, check the roster. Hayesville will be better next year. Their record may not be much better due to the strength of the SMC.

How many did they dress tonight? They have 12, check the roster. Hayesville will be better next year. Their record may not be much better due to the strength of the SMC.
Yes I'm pretty sure 12. They would have about the same record in the yadkin. They were on par with a north Moore team. Fought hard physical and aggressive and if you didn't come to play or had a off night they can beat you. What I really liked about Hayesville was their effort. Yeah Albemarle had a off not shooting the basketball. But the effort both teams put forth tonight was great. It was a good game Hayesville made the plays and free throws to win it. If Albemarle comes out and has an avg night they would win by 10-15 I think. But didn't tonight and Hayesville earned that win. Like I said hats off to them and their coaching staff. Nothing but respect.

I think it says a lot about Hayesvilles head coach when he had an elite team they were winning games scoring in the 60's and 70's but now that he has less talent they play hard nosed D and can still win games ugly like they did last night.

Yes I'm pretty sure 12. They would have about the same record in the yadkin. They were on par with a north Moore team. Fought hard physical and aggressive and if you didn't come to play or had a off night they can beat you. What I really liked about Hayesville was their effort. Yeah Albemarle had a off not shooting the basketball. But the effort both teams put forth tonight was great. It was a good game Hayesville made the plays and free throws to win it. If Albemarle comes out and has an avg night they would win by 10-15 I think. But didn't tonight and Hayesville earned that win. Like I said hats off to them and their coaching staff. Nothing but respect.

Talked to a guy who went to the game, he said Hayesville also played below average. His theory was the 5 hour ride threw them off their game. I asked him how he saw Albemarle would fare in the SMC. His answer-“4th or 5th at best”. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: atucker2
Talked to a guy who went to the game, he said Hayesville also played below average. His theory was the 5 hour ride threw them off their game. I asked him how he saw Albemarle would fare in the SMC. His answer-“4th or 5th at best”. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

We will be playing a lot of games over the summer and we have a preseason jamboree nwc represents there who beat this Albemarle team on a last second shot any team from the SMC is more than welcome. Hayesville would be in the top 4 in our conference. Sorry your friend seen Albemarle play at their worst last night unfortunately. I have seen a bunch of film of hayesville and that was pretty consistent with what I seen throughout. Good defensive team that plays really hard with not much offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT