ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock vs Crest

Originally posted by viking1504:
FYI-- Crest Defense is better than New Bern's!! Should be a GREAT game!! Good luck to both teams!!
You are correct! Their defense MIGHT be a little better than NB's 2nd team defense and notice I said might.

Havelock offense is better than Crest offense. Crest lacks consistency in their offense but have the talent to be very good at times. SP's run defense is very good and matched up well with Crest. Crest needs the running game to work to beat Havelock. Havelock has the Boykin kid who is about 5-5 and a great athlete along with a number of other weapons. The QB is not a runner which works in Crest favor as a good running QB puts pressure on an aggressive D. He is accurate but not necessarily a quick release. Little bit of a windup when throwing downfield. The Havelock O line is very good, but if Crest is able to put pressure on the QB, they will be able to make him much less effective. Expect that the Havelock coaches are much smarter than the Havelock fans and know that they are facing an extremely formidable Crest defense. I would not start to compare New Berns' D to Crest D as I have not seen NB. All that I know is that they are both very very good. Havelock's loss to New Bern tells me two things. Havelock is able to play tough against a very good team and Havelock is not as invincible as their fans seem to thing they are.

Originally posted by 13 ah yeah!:
35-14 havelock! Crest has played absolutely nobody and will find out soon enough!
Crest did play and beat Shelby,a team who will be playing in their 8th state title game in the last 17 years.Havelock played Shelby once and we know the out come of that game.Havelock had a very easy schedule except for one game but lost that one game.Crest defense will be the best the Rams have played this year.Should be a great game.

All the Crest talk about being the best team in the state, comes to a end Saturday. Crest could not move the ball on SPoint, we have lot better players then them. We beat the crap out of 2 really good teams in the playoffs, look who the Ponys beat. Crest will find out how good there D is Saturday, I know the champs will be ready.

WORD

This post was edited on 12/7 10:18 AM by RamHard

Say what you want about our offense. When we choose to. We will run it right down your throat. Been doing it for years.
Your great O will have some success at times. They will also look foolish at times. Like all games with 2 good teams. It will be turnovers,mental mistakes,that determines the winner.

I have no dog in this fight but i'm looking forward to this game. I might even drive up to watch.
This is JMO but i think Crest's game plan will be to mainly run the ball and burn time. This will limit Havelock's offense time on the field.
I'm sure Havelock would like to score early, get ahead and make Crest change their game plan.If the leading score gets in the 20's it should favor Havelock. If the leading score is under 20,it should favor Crest.
Of course turnovers change everything,destroy a game plan in a hurry.
IMO a wet field will favor Crest,big time. Last year it hurt Havelock more than Concord. Any way it should be a great game.IMO turnovers will be a big story of this game.

IMO Havelock wins 24-14 on a dry field.
On a wet field 14-13 either way.

I can see we are getting absolutely no respect from the Rams fans. Your own paper called us a perennial powerhouse ??????????? I WILL PROMISE YOU THIS. AFTER SAT........YOU WILL RESPECT US...All we have been hearing is your speed this and that. Your speed will be a non factor. Your running game will be a non factor. Your short passes will be a non factor. Hang your hat on big plays. When you see 3 and 33 in the power set. Tell your defense to go ahead and back up 5 to 8 yards.When you see 21 hit a crease.Add 6 to the score.When you see 6 in open space.You will see speed.When you see 1 and 2 in your backfield. You will feel pain.

This will by far be the best defense Havelock has played against all year. Yes, new bern had a good defense but after watching this crest defense I dont think New berns matched the speed and physicality that this crest defense is playing with. At least not back in week two. This is going to be a huge test for havelock because Crest has an extremely agressive and well coached defensive line which I have not seen a team figure out how to block yet. With that being said, I think coach bryant has one of the best offensive minds in highschool football and will find a way around it. I think this will be the best team havelock has played in a state championship so far and i could easily see the final score being 21-14 with a havelock advantage. Crest offensive is slightly above average in my opinion and I think even if their defense can hold havelock to 21 points they wont have enough firepower to win.

You all don't give us any respect what makes you think we gonna respect you when you been talking shit about how good y'all are "being the best team in the state regardless of class" and all this other bs...

Sure as hell not gonna respect anyone who does that ... We know crest is a great team you don't become 15-0 not being great but y'all are not playing a team that has been beat badly by anyone this season we could have easily been 15-0 just like you guys chargers but new bern is a great team and for y'all to keep saying your defense is better no you won't get any respect from us oh wow u played Shelby woo hoo Shelby keeps talking bout these old games from over a decade ago if u lined havelock up against Shelby we would absolutely destroy them by 35+

Crest

New bern has played teams with high power offenses all year long and have shut them down the teams you guys played don't = up to the teams they have played which is why I say new bern defense is better not to discredit your chargers who has a great defense as well but I'm telling you it's not better than new berns if u think it is tell your coach to go line them up with new bern after the state title game I promise you new bern would beat the piss out of the chargers

Crest fans are like car salesman, they have been trying to sell how great they are, the truth out Shelby and SP. Crest could barley move the ball against SP, it will be a nightmare Saturday. Crest is a good team,not a great team playing a JV schedule makes there defense look better then it is.

WORD

Play SP or Shelby and get back to me. I'm thinking from looking at the scores you have put up. All the teams from out east are really not very good. You guys keep throwing up New Bern. Other than that.....I see nothing.

Havelock has such an advantage maybe the state should let Crest bring there own refs for this game LOL! The biggest advantage Havelock has is on the O Line because Tony Wray is the best line coach crest ever had and im sure he has Havelocks playing lights out! P.S. Just keep him away from all credit cards LMAO!
roll.r191677.gif

games in the past have zero factor in this game....for a shelby fan to bring up a win they got 40 years ago is dumb! how does that plays into havelock vs crest in 2014???

i have heard for 3 years from those west people that havelock plays a weak schedule and that will hurt them in the playoffs. it hasnt hurt them yet...

crest has a great defense but how many other good teams that played their schedule would have the same results? i say alot.

for crest fans to comment on new bern is great! you guys have no idea. the matchup will never happen and just be thankful because we have a coach in new bern that doesnt piss his pants in big games!!!

havelock will have their hands full for sure. i mean what team goes into the state championship thinking they cant win??

this game will come down to who has the better coaches....im goin with havelock because he knows how to win the big one..

when you play crappy competiton your balls get huge! (note crest fans) theres not a team on your schedule that comes close to having the speed havelock does.. they are goin to spread nyou out and your linebackers will have to cover guys with speed... i watched film and they do well with run.. their pursuits are good... they flow to the ball....but when one has to cover speed then they will be lost..just wait and see...

by no means do i think crest is a pushover..theres definitely goin tobe some good ole nc foot next saturday!

does crest starting defense stay in the whole game?
if not then that tells me the competition you guys play is that bad. if a 1st offense cant score on a 2nd team defense...then you make the call.

Go Bears

Originally posted by RamHard:
Guess he got tired of being 2nd place, now he is at a real program.

WORD
Hes got Charger Championship Rings ask him im sure he will let you kiss them if you would like.
eek.r191677.gif

Don't waste your time! I thought same thing! Wanted to see TJ Logan vs that defense lead by 2 big D1 recruits. It wasn't even a game. Havelock better team. Crest doesn't have talent they had that year either. This one will be over at halftime!
Originally posted by marinersgold:
I have no dog in this fight but i'm looking forward to this game. I might even drive up to watch.
This is JMO but i think Crest's game plan will be to mainly run the ball and burn time. This will limit Havelock's offense time on the field.
I'm sure Havelock would like to score early, get ahead and make Crest change their game plan.If the leading score gets in the 20's it should favor Havelock. If the leading score is under 20,it should favor Crest.
Of course turnovers change everything,destroy a game plan in a hurry.
IMO a wet field will favor Crest,big time. Last year it hurt Havelock more than Concord. Any way it should be a great game.IMO turnovers will be a big story of this game.

IMO Havelock wins 24-14 on a dry field.
On a wet field 14-13 either way.

Setchamps99 all season they have been saying they got the best defense in the state. Guess you can say that when you play a jv schedule. We will find out very soon, how good those ponys are.

WORD

crest is 15-0...no doubt they are a great team. i want to see a great game...nobody really knows how these 2 teams matchup against each other...until then the trash talk is definitely fun.. and passing time..

go bears

Lol I agree if crest happens to beat havelock which isn't out of the question I will congratulate them do I think they will no but can they
Yes they definitely can I think this will be a great game I do think crest has a great offense but is mediocre at times if they bring there a game on both sides of the ball I can see crest winning by a td or 2 but it's doubtful I believe havelock will win
28-7 or 28-14

Havelock to make history only 3a team to win 4 in a row

Havelock also has a very young team and had a very good jv we will be back next year and the year after not saying we will be playing for a title but we will definitely be one of the greats in 3a in the state

GO RAMS‼️ AND GOOD LUCK NEW BERN BRING THAT TROPHY BACK TO CRAVEN COUNTY

No one said there defenses was great I said they were great teams

And to note eastern alamance played ng,western alamance and havelock so yeah

Eastern Wayne played some high power offenses all year as well u should check them out before you look at how many points they have allowed

Can't believe I am doing this but I have to chime in here in support of Crest. The Crest program is awesome. Great kids, great coach. Crest has made their opponents look weak and Havelock fans doesn't understand that. Havelock fans see that as a weak schedule but you can bet Coach Bryant knows he has his hands full. The Crest defense will create problems for Havelock. The Havelock fans posting on here have no clue how good the Crest defense is but they are going to find out. Havelock escaped last year's championship game by the skin of their teeth with Concord and I can assure you Crest will bring a much better defense into this game than Concord did.
If this game is tight I expect the Crest kicker to separate the two teams. He can put it through the uprights from anywhere.He could be the wild card.

The big concern for Crest will be its offense. If there defense doesn't put points on the board or set Crest up with short field position I am not sure the Crest offense can score enough to beat Havelock. New Bern beat Havelock behind the legs of Mike Hughes. Crest does not have a Hughes. Harbison is good but he is a different animal than Hughes. While Harbison is more of a north/south back Hughes has more moves than Crestrulz when Magic comes calling. Harbison again is a very good back but I think he will have trouble running straight at Havelock even with those monsters leading the way.

Did I mention Crest fans suck!!!!!!!!!!

Go Raiders!!!!!!!!!!

I have said it before and I will say it again you will NOT score more than 14 and that's a streach so if you can't win with 14 you will lose!

Originally posted by ItsJustWords252:
No one said there defenses was great I said they were great teams

And to note eastern alamance played ng,western alamance and havelock so yeah
roll.r191677.gif

EA gave up 49pts to 6-6 Graham. 2a Reidsville beat Graham 63-14 ! Yep they great aint they!!
This post was edited on 12/7 3:05 PM by Crestuff

Originally posted by RamHard:
Your sorry offense will not score
laugh.r191677.gif
Again not hating on Crest but the offense appears to be clumsy. Not sure how much a clumsy offense can score and help keep up with the Havelock machine. Defense will need a shut out to win.

Not to mention Crest made NG look silly at the jambree earlier this year. Look I do not want crest to win for obvious reasons but you Havelock fans are in for a rude awaking this will be the best team you have faced in any of your last 3 championship games and i dont think this is one of your best teams. If I were Coach Barnes Tre would carry the ball 40 times . Crest will win and Tre will be the MVP . As much as I hate the chargers I like Harbinson and the way he plays the game.

This post was edited on 12/7 4:44 PM by OLDSCHOOLBULLDOG

I'll say this and be done with it. Crest CAN win this game and WILL NOT be intimidated. We are going to Raleigh expecting to win. You're a fool if you think Havelock's going to roll Crest....they might win but it won't come easy. I've been watching high school since 1968 and this is one of the best defenses I've seen. If our offense eliminates stupid penalties and don't turn the ball I like I chances.

just catching up on all this, but wow! Congrats to Crest, Shelby and Burns for being representatives in the state title games. I think this will be a game where both teams have not faced a tougher opponent this season. The keys to this game will be the Havelock D and the Crest O. This wont be a high scoring game so will the Crest Offense not kill the D and can the Havelock D get stops and short fields to help the O. Punters will be a player in this game, as well as special team return yards. I look for Harbison to get the ball a lot more this game than he has all season. he is about the only real threat for Crest and can break it at any point.

The worst thing to ever happen to Crest this season was dropping to 3A. You could hear their hopes and dreams deflating all over Cleveland county when they got the news. Has anyone noticed the biggest loudmouth on here is mia? I think he knows what is coming.

Lets hear what Havelock has to offer.... We know yall bring 3 rings to the table. What is it that is going to bring crest to their knees? run game ? passing game? both? serious questions, I have heard they lost a lot of talent from last year....any truth to that?

Originally posted by The_Rev921:

just catching up on all this, but wow! Congrats to Crest, Shelby and Burns for being representatives in the state title games. I think this will be a game where both teams have not faced a tougher opponent this season. The keys to this game will be the Havelock D and the Crest O. This wont be a high scoring game so will the Crest Offense not kill the D and can the Havelock D get stops and short fields to help the O. Punters will be a player in this game, as well as special team return yards. I look for Harbison to get the ball a lot more this game than he has all season. he is about the only real threat for Crest and can break it at any point.
Burns?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT