ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock vs Crest

well said bomb dropper and 02. Game should be the best of all the championship games. Lord help us all if a flag gets thrown on the mighty chargers, radio guys will be calling for their heads, wives, kids and Obama's heads

You may not have two teams more evenly matched again for a long time. If it is a blowout this will be a disappointment. Dallas Carter vs. Permian , T.C. Williams vs. Andrew Lewis, Little Giants vs. Al Bundy's Cowboys, Bobby vs. Whitney, The Sham Wow Guy vs. Billy Mays (but WAIT THERE'S MORE) Marciano vs. Lewis, Rulz vs. CrestRamhardNasty .....and last but not least Chris Berman vs. Dick Vitale. . Whooop It's ON BABY!!!!!!

Originally posted by DaBombDropper1:
Originally posted by Justafan56:

Here is a simple question. Don't knock me for it because it seems to be the talk amongst other Crest fans I have had the pleasure to listen to and laugh at. What if Crest loses? No, I do not mean the eating crow part or the "oh well good game" crap. That is for us fans to do for our own teams each week. I am talking about the program. One fan made a point. "We have the best defense we have ever had, we have a QB now, we have a D1 RB. What is the excuse?". I have to admit, that is pretty accurate. In years past when Crest lost it was due to being one dimensional or issues at this or that position. I cannot see Crest having any excuse. The fans wanted the Coach OUT after last year. What do you think would happen if they finish 15-1 and once again lose a title. Crest fans can reply one of two ways. The normal way which includes deflecting it to how my team is or they can be realist and think about it. I guess what I am saying is, what needs to change if they lose? I don't remember a Crest team being this good pretty much ever. Even when they were 4A.
First, I never heard 1 fan of Crest say they thought Coach Barnes should be replaced after last years championship game. Every person I have ever talked to really likes the fact that Coach Barnes runs a classy program and has a chance to win a title EVERY year. Some years there are differences of opinion on how the game strategy should have been but usually its from unknowledgeable fans like Bomb Dropper and fans of other programs trying to stir up dissent. You have to rememberr that most years there is no excuse other than your opponent was better than you. It's as simple as that. If Crest loses to Havelock, there will be no shame in that. Havelock has proven to be an extremely good program winning 3 straight championships and appearing in their 4th straignt. No one really knows how this game will turn out until the boys hit the field Saturday.

And BTW, Dropper, I will take 15-1 over 4-6 each and every year from here to eternity.
See, CC02 has a good response and it was what I was looking for. Then you had to chime in. Not one word of what I typed was trashing Crest. You did not here one Crest fan because you are in the "Barnes Group". What about the fans leaving that stadium cussing, facebook and at work? Were you in all of those places? Sounds to me like you are the one without knowledge. That 4-6 record remark is just what I said a fan will do. You turned it into a Burns thing. With you being in the media I find it funny you would take a back handed shot at Burns like that. This had nothing to do with Burns. It was an honest question and you could not even respond without any negativity. Wasn't it you talking about how these boards did not need negativity but what did you do? I will make sure that I listen to the post game show instead of that Crest homer pregame BS you guys spit out.
CrestCharger02 - Thanks man. That is all I was wanting to know because I have heard a few guys talking about it and never thought about it. At least I got one response from a fan and not a brown nosed horse shoe club member. After losing in the title game I figured frustration had built up over the years so I was wondering how the fans would handle it IF (BIG IF) it happened again.
This post was edited on 12/12 11:51 AM by DaBombDropper1
Well some of it depends on the game as well. For instance 2010 and 2013 were way more difficult to deal with than 2001 and 2011. It would be nice if all the games were like 2003 when it 40-0 final and 34-0 at halftime. If things don't go their way on Saturday the interesting group to watch would be Havelock. Continued run of success like that might be tough to swallow leaving Raleigh empty handed.

Originally posted by WhoaMule:

I bring that up because Havelock will bring a lot more offense than SP had...that's for sure.

Just a point here....The offensive capability of any team must be judged by the competition they have played. I can not say I am or ever have been a Crest fan, but I DO know the schedule they have played, this and every year. And it is never a walk in the park. Havelock may well have the best team in all of 3a, but no one really knows and it is even doubtful more than a handful of posters can even find that town on a NC atlas. Whatever team Havelock brings to the game It would be safe to say Crest will not be buffaloed, or surprised, because they have seen known quality teams all year long. Can the same be said of Havelock? I am not so sure, nor can I say with confidence that the amount and quality of competition can be said about the eastern conferences at any level, as compared to the Piedmont-west end. Havelock 2014, is not Havelock 2013 2012 etc. For all we know, the 2014 Havelock Rams could well be NFL caliber, or just the tallest midget in a very small litter. One never knows until game time with these eastern bracket teams, But we KNOW what Crest is going to bring to the game.....Most every year. Same can be said for Shelby, & SP when they get there as well.
yes they will bring a whole lot more offense than Southpoint brought but one thing that you have to realize is that there are not many teams like South Point out there and to be able to prepare four that style of offense and stop it as effectively as they did is a testament to the young men as well as it is a testament to the South Point players on how well they run that offense. what makes me feel a little better about this game is at the the Crest defense is built and set up to stop the style of offense that Havelock runs. to be completely honest both of the fan bases have an awful lot of respect for each other but they also know how good their teams and programs are and take pride in that fact. both teams for the most part were head and shoulders better than most of their competition this year and this will be a true test for both squads I look forward to see this game. notwithstanding any critical injuries or overzealous referees this should be one heck of a game!

Reality is fixing to hit the Crest blowhards, the Dream team will go down. You guys better start coming up with excuses.

Originally posted by RamHard:
Reality is fixing to hit the Crest blowhards, the Dream team will go down. You guys better start coming up with excuses.
Trust me Sir your the biggest blowhard on this board hands down!!
roll.r191677.gif
No one can blow hards better than you my friend!

After watching new bern play tonight I feel pretty good about what will happen tomorrow since Havelock lost to them!

I'm not impressed!

Not going to disagree with you on the New Bern part.. But what I am confused about is that Shelby is underdogs to Clinton and Shelby barely lost to Crest... Havelock would beat Clinton by 40. So, that confuses me a little

don't have a dog in this fight but weve played crest several times in the past and trust me im pretty sure they will be ready Saturday over the years we've won 3 state titles and every time we were the underdog so all that stuff really means nothing the east teams seem to be favored most of the time but again it means nothing good luck to crest tomorrow from this reynolds fan make the west proud

Should be a great game! Hope everyone has safe travels.
This post was edited on 12/13 2:47 AM by Crestbearman1

Still flying high with our big win!! And as must as I hate the Rams I am pulling for you! Bring it home !!! Craven county for life no matter a bear, ram, or eagle !! The is nobody out there who we would pull for!' Get that 4 peat Rams and then start that clock the two champs will go at it again!!!

Congratulations on that title as I said in the beginning we lost to the 4a state champions I said this as soon as we lost good deal bringing that ring back to craven county

Good! Cause havelock is a different team now than when they played new bern & Very different but keep thinking that you gonna find out in about 6 hours... Let's not forget new bern just beat a Charlotte cathlotic team that only Lost 1 game playing Vance and all those dominating teams Vance barely lost to mallard creek Charlotte beat them this game could have very easily been a blow out for new bern but couldnt score in the red zone twice but you dont have to be impressed they got a ring havelock is going after theirs Saturday I bet crest couldnt even score a td on new bern let alone cross the 50 on them

This post was edited on 12/13 10:50 AM by ItsJustWords252

Dropper,
The 4-6 comment was not directed at your Bulldogs. It was a random record making the point that regardless how you try to devalue the Crest program, a 15-1 record is a great year regardless the out come.

Thanks for listening to the show this season. Hopefully we helped educate you on local high school football.

Originally posted by ItsJustWords252:
Good! Cause havelock is a different team now than when they played new bern & Very different but keep thinking that you gonna find out in about 6 hours... Let's not forget new bern just beat a Charlotte cathlotic team that only Lost 1 game playing Vance and all those dominating teams Vance barely lost to mallard creek Charlotte beat them this game could have very easily been a blow out for new bern but couldnt score in the red zone twice but you dont have to be impressed they got a ring havelock is going after theirs Saturday I bet crest couldnt even score a td on new bern let alone cross the 50 on them

This post was edited on 12/13 10:50 AM by ItsJustWords252
Ha your crazy dude. It also could have been a deadlock had catholic not decided to go air raid for what ever reason. Truth is catholic didn't come to play early in and in the second half one of those so called simple one dimension offenses moved the ball on New Bern.

Originally posted by viking1504:
Not going to disagree with you on the New Bern part.. But what I am confused about is that Shelby is underdogs to Clinton and Shelby barely lost to Crest... Havelock would beat Clinton by 40. So, that confuses me a little
So much for Clinton being the favs.

I'm here Rulz! Sitting on crest side about the 40..Just watching my Rams come onto field. Let's do this...Go Havelock.

Re: Havelock vs Crest
almighty94 posted on 12/13/2014...
Final 3a poll
1-crest
2-south point
3-n.Guilford
4-weddington
5- a 2a Shelby team

Damn right, bro. Totally agree.

Originally posted by 13 ah yeah!:
Havelock by as many as they want in this one. 2 best teams were in the east this year!

35-14 havelock! Crest has played absolutely nobody and will find out soon enough!

Havelock better team. Crest doesn't have talent they had that year either. This one will be over at halftime!

Lol you are guys are bringing up first games and scrimmages only weak teams care about! As for the 14 point forecast lmao havelock will have 14 in first 8 mins!
roll.r191677.gif

Enjoying your introduction to Cleveland County football 13?

Havelock's coach is quoted saying that Crest has the best defense by far that they have ever faced! He goes on to say that Crest is the best team in the state! I hope he has helped you to see the light, too, RamHard.

The closest you got to Raleigh was the Lawndale mini mart. Buying diapers and a new pacifier.
Now go on home junior. Put a diaper on your head and a pacifier up your butt.
See you in August.
The grown ups are gonna talk football.

Here is a simple question. Don't knock me for it because it seems to be the talk amongst other Crest fans I have had the pleasure to listen to and laugh at. What if Crest loses? No, I do not mean the eating crow part or the "oh well good game" crap. That is for us fans to do for our own teams each week. I am talking about the program. One fan made a point. "We have the best defense we have ever had, we have a QB now, we have a D1 RB. What is the excuse?". I have to admit, that is pretty accurate. In years past when Crest lost it was due to being one dimensional or issues at this or that position. I cannot see Crest having any excuse. The fans wanted the Coach OUT after last year. What do you think would happen if they finish 15-1 and once again lose a title. Crest fans can reply one of two ways. The normal way which includes deflecting it to how my team is or they can be realist and think about it. I guess what I am saying is, what needs to change if they lose? I don't remember a Crest team being this good pretty much ever. Even when they were 4A.
Yep. That's FIVE........ maybe you should ask to transfer your fan membership over here. Go back and read that crap. I guess you do not have to wonder anymore.

Bottom feeder. Losedale. I hear more are on the way. Word! You don't have to like it, learn to love it.

Cant wait for Cleveland County Signing Day and the new additions. Maybe we can stream a press conference from the Burns cafeteria and players can decide whether they want to stay at Burns or pick the Crest hat and join the winning side.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT