ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock vs Crest

Havelock will be the best team crest has played all year. Our boys will be ready. New Bern has a very good defense so Havelock has seen one before. We will have to play our best game of the year to win. We have a former player/coach on the Havelock sidelines so I'm sure he'lll tell them everything about Crest football.

Looking forward to seeing this classic matchup next weekend. Crest offense will have to be at it's BEST next Saturday.

Crest offense sucks and Havelock will expose that. We have the #1 rated linebacker in America and you will not get by him or his teammates. As for this great defense Crest has I'm not buying it. Shelby is the only descent team you have played all season, so how do you know. SP struggled with a #16 seed that barely beat West Henderson. They have no passing game and made Crest look good. As for New Bern, just look at last night's score. They will hammer CC next week. They would hammer Crest any week.

Originally posted by Ramnasty:
Crest offense sucks and Havelock will expose that. We have the #1 rated linebacker in America and you will not get by him or his teammates. As for this great defense Crest has I'm not buying it. Shelby is the only descent team you have played all season, so how do you know. SP struggled with a #16 seed that barely beat West Henderson. They have no passing game and made Crest look good. As for New Bern, just look at last night's score. They will hammer CC next week. They would hammer Crest any week.
Ramnasty, You Havelock guys just blurt out crap with no knowledge about what you are talking. First of all, you have no clue about SP, East Rowan, or West Henderson anymore than I know anything about Jones Senior, White Oak, or Swansboro. You disrespect anything that does not say Havelock. Nobody has to make Crest look good. They are good. Any defense that gives up 90 points in 15 games is good and deserves respect. If you beat them you will have something to crow about. Sober up and enjoy the week.

What position does former Charger O line coach Tony Wray coach for the Rams. Hes a good one no doubt.

We may very well lose this game Havelock may be the better team but I can promise it will not be by 35 points and Havelock will not score 35 points!

Now thats a fact so with that said you better shut our O down because if 7 to 10 points from havelock is not enough to win the game your going to lose you will NOT score more than that and that is giving you some extra credit because I havent seen you play!

I am so confident love the match-up, this will be the first time the ponys will have to cover the whole field, everybody knows Shelby and SPoint are running teams., ponys will not be able to load the box with 8 players on us, if they do it will be a x-mas gift, they cannot play man to man coverage on us. They will be shock when they see the team speed we have on defense, we will not have to worry about Crest passing game it sucks, I have seen it.

You could learn a lot from a Dummy( In my Fred Sanford Voice) ! Shelbys has about 3000 yds passing this season!
wink.r191677.gif
YOU might just be in shock when you see the speed we have on D.

This is a good matchup. After playing against both Crest and Concord defenses this year, and Concords defenses for the last few years, I can honestly say that this Crest defense is twice as good as any of the past Concord defenses. Now I am not saying that Crest is going to win, and I am not saying Crest will lose. What I am saying is that Havelock had a tough time with Concord the last couple years in the State title game. Granted, Concord had a good offense, and their defense did just enough to keep them in the game. I don't think Crest has the offense that Concord had/has, but they have one of the best defenses I have ever seen play. I agree with many here that Crest will have to step it up on offense and get control of the clock. Crest defense will keep them in the game, but not if they are on the field a lot. That will wear down even the absolute greatest of defenses, including Havelocks.
Crest posters, how is the nose guard for Crest D today? He is a big part of the Crest D and it showed last night with SP's TD. Hope he is healthy for the game next week. Bottom line is this, it's a Championship game for all the marbles. Have to step it up a notch. You can do it, now get it done. Good luck!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/6 11:53 AM by frifalcon

Wonder what the Charger O would look like if they went a little more uptempo instead of getting set and changing the play every down. We looked like we were confusing ourselves more than SP defense.

i wish we would just run the ball right at them play after play after play and not question anything about it.. hand it to 21 til he gets tired, then hand it to 2 until 21 is ready to go back in...

but what do i know?

What about these two counties Craven and Cleveland......... Good Luck to all the teams next week from these counties, and it's not just this year. It's tells you a little bit about the football played in these counties. It would be nice if we were close enough to play one another in the regular season.

Crestful if you are think Shelby has a good passing attack wait to see see ours chump!

Hope you guys go uptempo lol, bet Barnes doesn't take your advice. Let me explain something idiot, Crest wants to eat clock keep our offense off the field. Your QB will get hammer in this game, our defense is nasty.

Crest defense is exceptional, but I don't even know if there's offense without Harbison, plus they find a way to choke.

Great season Crest! At least you made it to the dance again. You did good!

That Boykins kid reminds me of Trinton Holladay that played at LSU. Kid can check out in a hurry!Crest better try and limit his touches.

We have had fans of both the Crest Chargers and the Havelock Rams swearing all season long that their respective teams defense is 'nasty'. Taking a leaf out of GSO-Triple5's book, I am dedicating this Janet Jackson video to both teams. I guess we will have to wait until next Saturday evening to see which fans were telling the truth.

In the 1986 state championship game at Shelby, the Golden Lions defeated Havelock in a hard faught low scoring game, with Shelby winning 9 - 6. No championship game will be a cake walk for either team. With that said our cross town rival Crest takes this one.

Crest is the underdog according to several outlets...but it's all good. This is our 9th state championship appearance, which just shows the quality of athletes we have down here in Cleveland County...We are a great football team, and we have a chance to finally win our 5th championship...but if Havelock beats us, then so be it, ours boys will try again next year, and the next and the next and the next... we will continue to always be in the hunt for a championship...because that's what we've been doing since 1994.

I hope we give Havelock a good game, one that's worth driving 3 hours to see. Havelock will be a load to handle.

OUR OFFENSE SUCKS. WE WON'T SCORE. WE CANT THROW IT, WE CANT RUN IT. OUR PLAY CALLING IS AWFUL. CREST HAS A TERRIBLE OFFENSIVE LINE. THANK GOODNESS WE HAVE #21 OR WE WOULDN'T EVER PICK UP A FIRST DOWN.

HAVELOCK HAS THE BEST OFFENSE IN THE NATION. THEY ARE THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF. THEY WILL DESTROY OUR DEFENSE BECAUSE WE HAVE NOT PLAYED ANYBODY ALL YEAR. DUE TO PLAYING SHELBY (WHO EVIDENTLY IS A RUN FIRST TEAM (source above) WE HAVE NOT PLAYED A PASSING TEAM ALL SEASON. HAVELOCK IS SO GOOD, THEY WOULD BEAT THE SC SHRINE BOWL TEAM BY 4 TDS AT LEAST. (the reason I didn't say NC is because their team is the NC Shrine Bowl team) THEIR DEFENSE IS EQUIVALENT TO THE 2013 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS AND THEIR OFFENSE IS EQUIVALENT TO THE 2014 GREEN BAY PACKERS. THEY WILL THROW IT AT WILL, RUN IT DOWN OUR THROATS. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY CREST WILL WIN THIS GAME.

CREST: 0
HAVELOCK: 101 (YEP, THEY WILL THROW TRIPLE DIGITS ON US)

with all of that crap being said, i do believe we played a 2,000 yard rusher who had NEGATIVE NINE rushing yards in a game
so we may be able to hold HAVELOCK to 250-300 yards rushing... BUT since we haven't played a team that can throw the ball, they will probably do most of their work in the air and throw for about 700 yards for at least 1,000 yards of offense..

save your money, don't buy a ticket. don't buy anymore glow shirts. don't waste your gas.

CONGRATS TO THE HAVELOCK RAMS FOR the 4PEAT!

Not trying to sound cocky, Havelock is lot better team then Crest, everybody in the state knows it. Crest is a solid team, but not at Havelock level. The only chance Crest has is if the field is wet.

Originally posted by HitmanT:
I don't see Havelock scoring more than 2 TD's .
2 TD's? You must not plan on watching then. Havelock will score 40+. This game is already decided. Crest can't defend the pass & has no offense. This one will be ugly!!!

TW

I agree with Trench Warrior, the Rams will score 40 or more. Crest has not played a team on Havelock level, you can watch film all week long, they will be shook with our speed.

Defense wins championships you think havelock is all offense ??? Our defense is great as well lmao but like I said y'all offense is garbage if y'all come with the offense u did against sp you will be disappointed don't give havelock a short field and that's how I see this game going havelock 28 crest 7 best bet for crest is to try n waste clock and keep it close if u don't u will return back ring less

Looks like the only people that's picking Crest is the Cleveland county homers lmao!

Defense does win championships and I know havelock has a defense as well. With that said I've seen tons of football. I've seen the better defenses of Independence, Richmond Sr, Dudley, Carver, West Rowan, Northern Guilford and others not to mention Crest and this years version is as good as any. Havelock may win but I garantee you they won't put up a big number. I've never seen a defense of their caliber give up anywhere near 40 and this year won't be any different. Expect a dog fight and nothing else.

You said same thing 2 years ago! Then TJ Logan put 5 on you like it was nothing. Your like the big 10. You don't play anybody with team speed and d is overrated every time. I promise the team speed you haven't seen before. This one will get ugly just like the Logan game.

Originally posted by Justafan56:
New Bern defense is nowhere as good as this Crest defense. Havelock might win but there is no way they score more than 17-21 on Crest.
LMAO....you must be just plain stupid...lol

Originally posted by beamer24:
I think it will look a lot like Crest NG 2010.
I agree Beamer. Both teams will have to fight for every point. 17-14 type game. . I know Havelock has a real good defense but the Crest defense is hands down one of the best I have ever seen at the high school level. Fast and physical. Havelock will probably be the favorite but Crest has the ability to upset them.

FYI-- Crest Defense is better than New Bern's!! Should be a GREAT game!! Good luck to both teams!!

Man you have not fans sure got a lot of lip.
Please talk it on up. Be a legend in your own minds if u want.
I will tell you nicely what Crest is bringing. They are bring a team that plays hard every play. They are very fast and will knock your jock off. Then they will give you a hand up and pat you on your bonnet. Gentlemen that bring the BOOM. Great football history in Cleveland County. In case ya didn't know.
Crest always wants these big games. That's what they do. How they roll.
I promise Crest is coming to win this one. So line um up .
By the way talk it on up. Please!

Great job year in and year out
Charger players and coaches.
Just think of all the teams that
Sitting at home watching.
Bring this one home to the Ranch where it belongs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT