ADVERTISEMENT

Hate

Who talks more about the things they claim to despise?

• Atheists talking about the Lord

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Shelby posters talking about Reidsville

Votes: 24 75.0%

• Total voters
Quick Poll
Shelby posters, namely me, only react to the crazy ish that y’all talk in our threads. Y’all feel emboldened to do so, because you’re in the cat birds seat in 2A West with no worries of playing Shelby and the other elite 2A Western teams. You have Franky talking weak opponents in our thread. How can any Reidsville poster talk weak opponents? You have whitedynamite not wanting Cleveland County posters participating in any threads, period, without him hating, or having something slick to say.

Franky was hating so badly on Shelby at one point that I asked the good posters of this site to never compliment or say anything good about Shelby without including Reidsville.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Shelby posters, namely me, only react to the crazy ish that y’all talk in our threads. Y’all feel emboldened to do so, because you’re in the cat birds seat in 2A West with no worries of playing Shelby and the other elite 2A Western teams. You have Franky talking weak opponents in our thread. How can any Reidsville poster talk weak opponents? You have whitedynamite not wanting Cleveland County posters participating in any threads, period, without him hating, or having something slick to say.

Participate? Lol, y'all title your own threads like "most dominate county God ever let wear a chin strap". Save that humble ish. I crack back on those. Feel free to crack on Reidsville posters that brag any day I don't care

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
Participate? Lol, y'all title your own threads like "most dominate county God ever let wear a chin strap". Save that humble ish. I crack back on those. Feel free to crack on Reidsville posters that brag any day I don't care
Man, you saw a gold helmet in the thread starter’s profile pic, and thought it was Shelby. You brought us up for no reason, Cleveland County living rent free in your head.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Had you actually read his post, you would have seen that he was a Northeastern poster.

Just need to schedule a non conference game with one another it would draw a big crowd and bring the $ in Reidsville play at Shelby next year then year after that Shelby comes to Reidsville.

I guess you haven’t been on here long enough, of course you have, though, because you’re ramking, to see the countless threads that my bbq loving friend has started with various titles, an example may be something like, “Records Since 2016”, knowing good and well Reidsville is tops.

Last edited:
Just need to schedule a non conference game with one another it would draw a big crowd and bring the $ in Reidsville play at Shelby next year then year after that Shelby comes to Reidsville.
Y’all will schedule the NC School of Deaf or
Big Lots of Rockingham County, before scheduling a threat like Shelby or any other threat for that matter.

I only talk weak opponents because Shelby thinks they play murderers row and only the teams they play or in their region are any good.

Then those teams lose to triad and piedmont schools.
What are those teams doing this season? I don’t give a damn about two years ago. Crest lost to West Rowan. If they’re so weak, why not schedule them? No, you will either play down like you did this season, or play the former great program, who is no longer relevant in football, now favors soccer.

Last edited:
What are those teams doing this season? I don’t give about two years ago. Crest lost to West Rowan. If they’re so weak, why not schedule? No, you will either play down like you did this season, or play the former great program, who is no longer relevant in football, now favors soccer.

I mean dang LA, instead of getting mad you could call Dudley or Page on our behalf. Or Mt Tabor.

I don't hate Reidsville. I do think some of their posters are hypocrites. I'm sure their students and community are very similar to ours. We have more in common than most schools in this state. We are just better at football. Jab jab. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Lion Attack
I don't hate Reidsville. I do think some of their posters are hypocrites. I'm sure their students and community are very similar to ours. We have more in common than most schools in this state. We are just better at football. Jab jab. Lol

Better ? That's funny..as he comments to the ones with "20" .... Enough rings to cover all our fingers and toes. Come to think of it... most Shelby posters probably got enough to cover theirs too....I can tell by some of the posts, most of y'all have some digits missing anyway.

Y’all will schedule the NC School of Deaf or
Big Lots of Rockingham County, before scheduling a threat like Shelby or any other threat for that matter.

Dude do you realize how much you and Franky have in common ?.....
Everybody else does...

My dad wanted me to send a warm Thanksgiving best wishes to Shelby and Reidsville..... that 80 year old man that still rides his tractor and works that land...loves, loves, loves football! That is all he talks about.

you see, that old man is a “Hall of Famer”! A legend at his high school... they got his picture, his MVP Lions Bowl trophy, and his damn shoes in a display case! Starting QB ‘58-‘59 for the “National Champion” North Carolina School for the Deaf!

He says the ‘59 Deaf Bears would run through Shelby or Reidsville like a hot knife through butter!

I love that Old Man! ...still talking smack like the rest of us!

Shelby posters do not accept that Reidsville is the Football Capitol/capital of NC.

Of course we don't. Why would we? You claimed it yourself. You, Reidsville followers, went to Raleigh and in a trick play with no other schools knowing about it had a resolution passed making YOUR claim. There was no debate, no vote, nothing. It's pathetic and you should be embarrassed....but typical Reidsville.

Maybe we should do that. "Shelby high school football...the most successful, sustained, winning program in the history of North Carolina high school football." But we wouldn't do that...we would open it to all schools that feel deserving...a debate....despite the fact that the history books prove it. No trick plays by Shelby....just beating the shit out of everyone else more than anyone else....like we've always done.

A simple look to the 70s, 80s, and 90s show why Reidsville can't be the capital of anything. 3 recent decades (THIRTY YEARS in a row) of not even playing in a championship game removes Reidsville from any capital consideration. Sorry. We will allow you to claim that you are the "Princeton of North Carolina high school football" or the "Yale of North Carolina high school football." Capital...no way...you need sustained success to make that claim. Prior to 1970 you could have made the capital claim but you blew it in the 70s.... made it worse in the 80s....and completely took yourself out of any consideration in the 90s.

Won't be long until you'll no longer be able to claim the most championship titles either...unless you keep lucking up and dodging the best all time program in the state.

Btw....for the umpteenth time capitol is a BUILDING!

please note I included both spellings of the word. We are both. Reidsville is the capital. Reidsville High is the capitol.
Nobody mentions Reidsville but Reidsville posters. Shelby is CLEARLY the class of 2a, it's common knowledge at this point. But hey support your team, it's hard to admit the truth.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
Of course we don't. Why would we? You claimed it yourself. You, Reidsville followers, went to Raleigh and in a trick play with no other schools knowing about it had a resolution passed making YOUR claim. There was no debate, no vote, nothing. It's pathetic and you should be embarrassed....but typical Reidsville.

Maybe we should do that. "Shelby high school football...the most successful, sustained, winning program in the history of North Carolina high school football." But we wouldn't do that...we would open it to all schools that feel deserving...a debate....despite the fact that the history books prove it. No trick plays by Shelby....just beating the shit out of everyone else more than anyone else....like we've always done.

A simple look to the 70s, 80s, and 90s show why Reidsville can't be the capital of anything. 3 recent decades (THIRTY YEARS in a row) of not even playing in a championship game removes Reidsville from any capital consideration. Sorry. We will allow you to claim that you are the "Princeton of North Carolina high school football" or the "Yale of North Carolina high school football." Capital...no way...you need sustained success to make that claim. Prior to 1970 you could have made the capital claim but you blew it in the 70s.... made it worse in the 80s....and completely took yourself out of any consideration in the 90s.

Won't be long until you'll no longer be able to claim the most championship titles either...unless you keep lucking up and dodging the best all time program in the state.

Most successful? Successful is defined as accomplishing an aim or purpose, such as winning the state championship. We have 20 which is more than Shelby or anybody else.

Sustained? The definition for this is continuing for an extended period of time. We have won championships in the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 2000's, and the current decade. That is 7 decades with a championship. This is more than Shelby or anybody else.

It would seem your history books were written in Shelby. We allow the NCHSAA to keep our records. Reidsville was dropping bombs for championships before Shelby new what the laces on the ball were for. We could care less if Cleveland county and surrounding voted for us. #1 is always the most hated.

Reactions: Ooooner and ramit02
Better ? That's funny..as he comments to the ones with "20" .... Enough rings to cover all our fingers and toes. Come to think of it... most Shelby posters probably got enough to cover theirs too....I can tell by some of the posts, most of y'all have some digits missing anyway.

Here are some didgits for you. 1 and 3, 49-3.
We are like Lavar Ball in Reidsville. Undefeated. Ain't neva lost! But I still respect y'alls Program and accomplishments.

Been noticed it, man, I have seriously said that privately to myself, that he was Reidsville’s version of the infamous one. I guess that’s the reason he’s the one poster that I’ve wished that I could reach through the screen on, on occasions. I’m Wolverine, he’s Sabertooth. I Spider-Man, he’s Venom. On another note, how’s fishing going these days, since you fish year round, even in frigid temperatures?

What exactly do you mean by reach through the screen ? I'll wait for the response big man.

TrueDynasty

The only thing I got out of this post was that Reidsville respects Shelby so much they gave them 30 years to try and catch up to Reidsville's record number of championships and they still couldn't do it.

Reactions: Ooooner
Reach through the screen, and give him a hug.:rolleyes: You take folks on here too seriously at times, big man.

I thought that's what you meant , but ImI not that kinda guy! Each to his own though!
Good luck tonight !
Oh....and yes , by the way, the fish are bitin' big time... My favorite time of the year as a matter of fact.

My dad wanted me to send a warm Thanksgiving best wishes to Shelby and Reidsville..... that 80 year old man that still rides his tractor and works that land...loves, loves, loves football! That is all he talks about.

you see, that old man is a “Hall of Famer”! A legend at his high school... they got his picture, his MVP Lions Bowl trophy, and his damn shoes in a display case! Starting QB ‘58-‘59 for the “National Champion” North Carolina School for the Deaf!

He says the ‘59 Deaf Bears would run through Shelby or Reidsville like a hot knife through butter!

I love that Old Man! ...still talking smack like the rest of us!

Maiden Creek would you like a piece of that history? I actually have one half of the 1959 game vs Glen Alpine converted to DVD. I will be glad to share with you if you'd like it. The Bears were indeed crowned National Champions and were a tough team during that era. Charlie Crowe was a big reason for their success as well. A big Cherokee Indian that ran the single wing position as tailback as good as anyone around at the time.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Maiden Creek would you like a piece of that history? I actually have one half of the 1959 game vs Glen Alpine converted to DVD. I will be glad to share with you if you'd like it. The Bears were indeed crowned National Champions and were a tough team during that era. Charlie Crowe was a big reason for their success as well. A big Cherokee Indian that ran the single wing position as tailback as good as anyone around at the time.
I am Choked up! Speechless! I just rolled in from Shelby.... watched them whip another South Fork team and then listened to the overtime loss of North Lincoln to Burns on the radio as I was driving back. The South Fork is out and I’m sick over it!....and then... I read this! WOW!!!! Of course I want it! My old man still talks about that loss to this day! Jugg Wilson’s Glen Alpine team beat him and his Bears and he never got over it! I’ll reach out tomorrow. Thank You! Thank You! It’s gonna be the best Christmas gift Ever!!!!

Most successful? Successful is defined as accomplishing an aim or purpose, such as winning the state championship. We have 20 which is more than Shelby or anybody else.

Sustained? The definition for this is continuing for an extended period of time. We have won championships in the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 2000's, and the current decade. That is 7 decades with a championship. This is more than Shelby or anybody else.

It would seem your history books were written in Shelby. We allow the NCHSAA to keep our records. Reidsville was dropping bombs for championships before Shelby new what the laces on the ball were for. We could care less if Cleveland county and surrounding voted for us. #1 is always the most hated.

Hmmm...what is your definition of continuing? A 3 decade (30 year) gap doesn't meet the definition of continuous on any planet. Nice try. 1/3 of the presented time frame with no title...lol. Wait....not just no title...not even a championship game appearance.....couldn't even sniff the title game for 30 STRAIGHT years. Wow and he has the audacity to say Reidsville has had sustained success....hahaha.

True facts are true facts buddy....no matter where they are written. Your 30 year gap certainly shows up in the NCHSAA record book....you know...where your name doesn't show up under championship titles for 30 straight years.

However you are correct....Reidsville was winning championships....most of the 20...before facemask were invented and the players were wearing leather helmets. Shortly after the "modern era" of football was introduced Reidsville's 30 year drought of championships/championship game appearances began nullifying you from any capital debates. Again....congrats on being the Princeton of North Carolina high school football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT