ADVERTISEMENT

Grimsley at Weddington on Black Friday

I really do respect Page and their storied program. A strong Page team and a strong Grimsley team make a great rivalry even better. But page44 has been absolutely hating on Grimsley for at least 5 years. He gets no oxygen from me.
I've given you guys credit at times. I have respect for you guys too, like I've said before. But, I'm just very critical on obvious fronts.

Just one question. Why don't Grimsley step out of state and play other big named programs?

You wouldn’t admit it if you did, now would you. I find you completely deplorable
Tell me something I didn't know. You said you respected Btango's opinion. Then do it. I've had the same screen name here, on Carolina Preps when that forum was running, Highschool OT and Carolinavarsity when that one was running. I don't hide behind screen names. Never have and never will. So, why do you find me deplorable...because I haven't been and for the time being still not on the Grimsley band wagon? I made Page fans angry when they were running the gauntlet a few years ago against Butler and Mallard Creek. But that was a good run they had and deserved the championship. Let it go. Grimsley hasn't done anything like that yet. And you know what? I'm not a fan of any team on here. I've just enjoyed high school football over the years. I've followed it for over 55 years in eight states, including Texas. I've made more people angry than just you on here. It happens. You do know what the word "fan" is short for, don't you? "Fanatic". You're fanatical with Grimsly just like others on here are of their teams. There's nothing wrong with that. But don't get mad at someone because they don't have the same fanatical opinion of a team like you do. I'm not a fan so I'm not fanatical over any one team. I live in Charlotte but I don't think the sun rises and sets on Charlotte football. I follow football more nationally now than just North Carolina. I keep up with several teams I've followed over the years in those eight states I've watched high school football. I look at the numbers and probabilities. I've seen trends that play out. I've seen them in North Carolina and I've seen them in other states. I spotted the trend of Grimsley not having an elite defense and that it would come back to bite them. Guess what? It played out the past two seasons. The exact same thing happened. Grimsley ran rampant in their conference. Then gave up progressively more points to each team in the playoffs until it bit them. I stated in another post they've had a very good team the last couple of years with a very good offense. But their defense cost them two state titles they would have won on the field. What I've stated about them being a portal school is what I've picked up from numerous others. I didn't just pick that idea out of the blue for the sake of using it.

You want to be angry with me? Fine, be angry. You aren't the first one and probably won't be the last. But I'm able to deal with it much better than you appear to handle someone critiquing Grimsley. I guarantee you I'm not the only one. Maybe more verbal due to answering more posts.

By the way, guess what? In doing predictions for the playoffs, I picked Grimsley to win every week, until they played Weddington. I picked Weddington by 2. I guess I, like many others, underestimated them.

What makes you angry? I don't know. But learn how to deal with others critiquing Grimsley. They just may be looking at more objectively than you.

Last edited:
Reactions: reddawg01
This is so False... Mallard Creek gave up 104pts in 6 playoff games alone in 2015, 103pts in 2014...Butler gave up 99pts in 2009, 72pts in 2010 and 83pts in 2012....hardly the "85" Bears....Indy was so long ago finding stats is difficult but they are probably about the same. I didn't even check Wake Forest but they may be the best

Grimsley has given up 59pts in 3 playoff games but on pace with the so-called "best teams ever"
I just got wind that Page is open!

Reactions: PagePirate1989
If that’s the case, one has to wonder why your AD, head basketball and head FB coach have left in little over a year - all good guys.
Can I be really honest with you. I feel like when deals are made for whatever reason every job is not a great fit for everyone. As a coach we look at jobs but we really don't look at the job from a "what if" hear me out! football is the only sport that brings everything together and when you don't promote the right morals sometimes we don't see what we planted. I am just saying I know for a fact this is karma.

Reactions: RammanuelKant
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT