ADVERTISEMENT

GreenEville Vs. Pisgah

What I want to know is how many points were given.Unless it's a game like Tresvant in the state final a few years ago and it's a beat down they must get. You have to figure some points at the end.Even in the next game.We know Greeneville is 6 to 10 touchdowns better then Central but how much will the backups be turned loose.

Good game showing North Carolina up!

But I'm with Devilman unfortunately. Greenville could have ran up the score. Bears scored on subs

I'll give Pisgah this much....they brought a nice contingent of fans with them and their uniforms were pretty sharp.

9d0143aef0bc003d628fc228453f747d--better-off-dead-movie-movie-lines.jpg

Congrats Devils. Very good team, no joke. Are you guys slated to come to Canton next year? Like yall's stadium. Very nice lay out. Kinda strange to see y'all fans seating on the visitors side tho. Not use to that. Good luck the rest of the way. Glad to see #2 come back in the game. Would rather have had #4 stay tho. Haha

On a side note, I believe the South Point would probably beat y'all.

For what it´s worth, which is nothing, Cal Preps matchup tool has 2017 South vs. 2017 Greeneville as a 27-19 SP win.

SP ranked #274 in the country and Greeneville ranked #502.

Everyone talks about 4a vs 2a when in reality Pisgah has more students than GREENEVILLE..

VERY good quarterback and good sized O-line. Deserved to win the game, as they did. They did not need to have the game tainted as it was by such poor officiating. There were many holding penalties that weren't called. That being said, I was proud that we showed up well to support our Bears. Our guys never quit and can hold their heads high. Greeneville needs more home side seating. Lots of your people on visitors' side. Beautiful drive up, nice town. See y'all next year, with better officiating, I hope.

Congratulation to Greeneville best of luck the rest of the year.Hope the kid that got hurt at the end is O.K.You guys got a good team but not a good as South Point.As for my Bears got to get ready for another undefeated team next week.

Reactions: PBBear51
We were outmanned and beaten by a better overall team tonight. Qb is very accurate. Impressive line play except for the blatant holding going on out there. Wow. Didn't need to do it to win but hey I guess when you can get away with out that blatantly have at it. Very good team. I still give South Point the nod.

I had a feeling the Pisgah radio guys had something against South Point- especially when he repeated his opinion that Greeneville would "smoke" South Point. And your all's comments kinda confirm that.

Ok,I backed up and seen it was 35 points for 40 dollars and that score on the subs at the end was the difference.Yep,it looks like Devilman lost a 40 dollar bet.No big deal,I'm sure he will gladly take that game and pay the 40.Now if I were Mopar,I don't know that I would take the money after a game like that.Kind of feels like betting against your team after a big loss.Matter of fact,I wouldn't.take it for myself.I'd take it and give it to a local charity in NC or the school.That way,a friendly bet goes towards something good .I got baited into a bet with Dobyns - Bennett vs Jefferson county.It was for a hundred dollars and I won.I said why don't the loser just donate to the others school.The guy from JC didn't pay saying he hated DB and wouldn't give nothing to them. I said ok,I'd donate a few dollars in his name for Urinal cakes at DB's stadium and every time a fan took a piss ,it would be in honor of DB beating JC and kind of like pissing on him and JC at the same time.

My takeaways from the game... Greeneville is very good and the score could have been a lot worse. Greenvilles QB (Ballard) is a heck of an athlete. I don't think he's D-1 talent but he's still a great high school QB. Greeneville TN is a beautiful town. I met some very friendly people tonight from there. Pals definitely did not disappoint. If the Jukebox Junction in Bethel, Dixons Little Boy in Canton (closed now), and Nabors in Bryson City had a food baby that would be the heavenly outcome. Thanks to several of y'all on for the recommendation. Pisgah's stadium and layout is a whole lot nicer and just better overall. I don't know a lot about TN football but I don't see anybody in y'alls classification beating you guys any time soon. However, there's been a lot of comparison between y'all and South Point on here for some reason. So, just my opinion, but South Point would beat y'all easily. I'm done rambling now but good luck to y'all the rest of the year. A very friendly, passionate bunch of fans y'all have that I encountered anyways. Looking forward to having y'all at our place next year if that is indeed correct.

Ok,I backed up and seen it was 35 points for 40 dollars and that score on the subs at the end was the difference.Yep,it looks like Devilman lost a 40 dollar bet.No big deal,I'm sure he will gladly take that game and pay the 40.Now if I were Mopar,I don't know that I would take the money after a game like that.Kind of feels like betting against your team after a big loss.Matter of fact,I wouldn't.take it for myself.I'd take it and give it to a local charity in NC or the school.That way,a friendly bet goes towards something good .I got baited into a bet with Dobyns - Bennett vs Jefferson county.It was for a hundred dollars and I won.I said why don't the loser just donate to the others school.The guy from JC didn't pay saying he hated DB and wouldn't give nothing to them. I said ok,I'd donate a few dollars in his name for Urinal cakes at DB's stadium and every time a fan took a piss ,it would be in honor of DB beating JC and kind of like pissing on him and JC at the same time.

Maybe he'll donate back to your school towards taller home stands, to keep your fans on the home side. Some of your fans on our side showed very little class.

Who the heck is South Point and who cares.. of course their are teams that the Devils would lose too.... none that are on the schedule, including 6A schools and schools from out of state. And yes I would like to see better officials, and also with the Devils having all starters available. Then the game would have been 70-0
Watch the film. As I already have several times... Bears number 12 and 25 should have been tossed. Also 32 and 72 for throwing punches... take the loss and be glad it wasn't worse and quit whining. And be glad that the coaches held out several players to get them healthier for games that matter... cause they knew they could beat the Bears without them anyway. Youngblood would have put a hurting on 25 coming though the middle.

If you've already watched the game several times, you are either an over obsessed fan, or a coach (sure hope your not a coach talking smack). Unless you're totally blind, you had to see 32 being held on almost every offensive play you all had. I wasn't expecting any favors from Tennessee officials, and we sure didn't get any. Looked like several of the officials were old enough to be in the nursing home.

Yes, your team is really good. Your quarterback could drive nails with his passes. But, the dirty play I saw last night will hurt you all deep in the playoffs, like dead ball penalties and leading with the crown of the helmet. Was looking forward to seeing your tightend/receiver playing. Too bad he was ejected last week and couldn't play.

If you've already watched the game several times, you are either an over obsessed fan, or a coach (sure hope your not a coach talking smack). Unless you're totally blind, you had to see 32 being held on almost every offensive play you all had. I wasn't expecting any favors from Tennessee officials, and we sure didn't get any. Looked like several of the officials were old enough to be in the nursing home.

Yes, your team is really good. Your quarterback could drive nails with his passes. But, the dirty play I saw last night will hurt you all deep in the playoffs, like dead ball penalties and leading with the crown of the helmet. Was looking forward to seeing your tightend/receiver playing. Too bad he was ejected last week and couldn't play.
Lol Pisgah calling someone else dirty..

My takeaways from the game... Greeneville is very good and the score could have been a lot worse. Greenvilles QB (Ballard) is a heck of an athlete. I don't think he's D-1 talent but he's still a great high school QB. Greeneville TN is a beautiful town. I met some very friendly people tonight from there. Pals definitely did not disappoint. If the Jukebox Junction in Bethel, Dixons Little Boy in Canton (closed now), and Nabors in Bryson City had a food baby that would be the heavenly outcome. Thanks to several of y'all on for the recommendation. Pisgah's stadium and layout is a whole lot nicer and just better overall. I don't know a lot about TN football but I don't see anybody in y'alls classification beating you guys any time soon. However, there's been a lot of comparison between y'all and South Point on here for some reason. So, just my opinion, but South Point would beat y'all easily. I'm done rambling now but good luck to y'all the rest of the year. A very friendly, passionate bunch of fans y'all have that I encountered anyways. Looking forward to having y'all at our place next year if that is indeed correct.

Pals is great getting ready this morning myself to got to JC and get me a tea on the way. You should look into the the TN football more. I have showed facts from 247 and a TN team beating the TX team last week.NC is a bigger state so there is more depth. South Point has a really great team right now but remember the game Greeneville had last week against 6a Sience Hill.Sounded like Greenville had some key players out and how banged up were they.You should know since you played college ball.Thats not a insult.To me its a great accomplishment to get a scholarship to play football at the FBS or FCS level.

Last edited:
Pals is great getting ready this morning myself to got to JC and get me a tea on the way. You should look into the the TN football more. I have showed facts from 247 and a TN team beating the TX team last week.NC is a bigger state so there more be more depth. South Point has a really great team right now but remember the game Greeneville had last week against 6a Sience Hill.Sounded like Greenville had some key players out and how banged up were they.You should know since you played college ball.Thats not a insult.To me its a great accomplishment to get a scholarship to play football at the FBS or FCS level.
Watching the highlights Greeneville was without starting SS and TE Cameron Hite 6'4 220lb, Starting RB and MLB Ty Youngblood 6' 195lb , and Starting OLB Garrin Shuffler. Ballard went down in the game and came back into the game banged up.

WNC123, our stadium is bigger. I thought their stadium was very nice. The trees around the the end zone and nice fencing gave it a nice homey feel. Not just field and concrete. Concessions on both sides with bathrooms on both sides. Very fan friendly.

Maybe he'll donate back to your school towards taller home stands, to keep your fans on the home side. Some of your fans on our side showed very little class.
Most of the time,I'll sit on my teams home side but I have sit on the home side at away games or the visitors side at home games at my school Greeneville or my kids school,DB.I like to do it just to meet fans from different places sometimes.I've met great fans all over the place and I've seen some real a-holes all over the place including both teams I've pulled for most of the time.The same for college games that I've been to.There are good people all over the country and every team has it's share of a-holes.Sorry you met a few in Greeneville but I'd be willing to bet there are a few over there as well.

I thought Burley Stadium was very nice and it did have a real "homey" feel to it. I wasn't trying to say that it wasn't in any way. I guess I was implying the overall size more or less compared to Pisgah's stadium. Also, was talking to one of the Greeneville fans and he told me that they have done a lot to the place the last few years and that it looks ten times better than it did ten years ago. And yes, every team has their classy fans and their asshole fans! Lol. Lord knows we've got our fair share of each. No fan base can and should ever be judged by the character of a certain few.

Most of the time,I'll sit on my teams home side but I have sit on the home side at away games or the visitors side at home games at my school Greeneville or my kids school,DB.I like to do it just to meet fans from different places sometimes.I've met great fans all over the place and I've seen some real a-holes all over the place including both teams I've pulled for most of the time.The same for college games that I've been to.There are good people all over the country and every team has it's share of a-holes.Sorry you met a few in Greeneville but I'd be willing to bet there are a few over there as well.

I know that man. Had one Greeneville fan next to us that was really nice.

I really liked the shrubbery around the stadium. Good football environment.

Wnc our stadium has changed drastically. I remember on the field house inzone there use to be a sharp incline in the corner into the rocks. So yes it's changed a lot

I thought Burley Stadium was very nice and it did have a real "homey" feel to it. I wasn't trying to say that it wasn't in any way. I guess I was implying the overall size more or less compared to Pisgah's stadium. Also, was talking to one of the Greeneville fans and he told me that they have done a lot to the place the last few years and that it looks ten times better than it did ten years ago. And yes, every team has their classy fans and their asshole fans! Lol. Lord knows we've got our fair share of each. No fan base can and should ever be judged by the character of a certain few.
Yes it has drastically changed since my Senior Year. When they put the Turf down in 08 they shifter the field away from the field house (There use to be a sharp incline towards the rock like Devilman said) Fun to catch a TD pass going up that thing tho lol. Painted the Field house to the color it is now (Use to be White and Green), put the steps coming up the visitors side entrance, put the rod iron fence and brick work up, planted the shrubbery around the field, and painted the Pressbox.

Yes it has drastically changed since my Senior Year. When they put the Turf down in 08 they shifter the field away from the field house (There use to be a sharp incline towards the rock like Devilman said) Fun to catch a TD pass going up that thing tho lol. Painted the Field house to the color it is now (Use to be White and Green), put the steps coming up the visitors side entrance, put the rod iron fence and brick work up, planted the shrubbery around the field, and painted the Pressbox.
Don't forget that weight room lol

A young man from Greeneville set beside us on the visitors' side.He pulled for his team and I pulled for the Bears , good conversation at half time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT