ADVERTISEMENT

GreenEville Vs. Pisgah

Greeneville wins 38-8 with a late score on the backups. Greeneville gets a much needed week off next week to get healthy for the second half of the season! Go Devils!

Devilman03 and Greeneville fans,
Pisgah's coach said in a radio interview this morning that "teams in Tennessee don't take their starters out". He was implying that he had his first team in because Greenville had their starters in. He also said "we felt like we were starting to wear them down some in the 4th quarter". Did you guys sub or not? Just curious which side of the story is the truth.

Pisgah's coach said in a radio interview this morning that "teams in Tennessee don't take their starters out". He was implying that he had his first team in because Greenville had their starters in. He also said "we felt like we were starting to wear them down some in the 4th quarter". Did you guys sub or not? Just curious which side of the story is the truth.
We did sub from what I saw. Now the after they scored the first d went back in. As far as "wearing down" I'll say no to that. We had a lot of nagging injuries in this game. Greeneville has played for four quarters in games this year and has put games away while doing it. I'll have to disagree with pisgahs coach though. Sounds like his feelings are a bit hurt after being destroyed by a far superior team. As well as on offense we didn't want anyone else getting hurt. This game was never close except for 0-0

A young man from Greeneville set beside us on the visitors' side.He pulled for his team and I pulled for the Bears , good conversation at half time.
Years ago my dad and grand dad were sitting over there and we were playing Morristown West.An old man bragged to my grand dad an hour before the game about his grandson from West.Neither told the old man anything about me until we kicked off and they ran it back towards mid field.Their stud headed up the middle and cut right along the sideline in front of them looking like it may go all the way.That's when I came over and drove him through their bench and into the bottom of the stands right below my family and the fan from West.Must have been a hell of a hit because the other guy was done for the night and I got 15 for unnecessary roughness.That's when dad said grand dad then looked over and told the old man,NOW that's my grandson right there for Greeneville !

http://www.hudl.com/team/v2/19475/boys-varsity-football

Here is the highlights from the game from the Greeneville Hudl
My thoughts are this nomatter who had the most subs into the game.Pisgah has a really good team with talent and would beat a bunch of teams around here.Greeneville is just a super team this year and is coming off of beating a top 10 6A school pretty bad.This was A game that both schools can take great things from and move forward.

My thoughts are this nomatter who had the most subs into the game.Pisgah has a really good team with talent and would beat a bunch of teams around here.Greeneville is just a super team this year and is coming off of beating a top 10 6A school pretty bad.This was A game that both schools can take great things from and move forward.
Different stated do classifications differently even though in tn they are 4a Greeneville is probably smaller than Pisgah. this is from tier official school website..
Greeneville High School has an enrollment of approximately 850 students ranging from grades 9 to 12 and is the only high school in the Greeneville City School system. In 2008, GHS was honored as a U.S. Department of Education National Blue Ribbon School, the only high school in the state of Tennessee to be so honored in 2008. Our standardized academic achievement results and graduation rate of over 97% place GHS at the forefront of high achieving secondary schools in our state.

Different stated do classifications differently even though in tn they are 4a Greeneville is probably smaller than Pisgah. this is from tier official school website..
Greeneville High School has an enrollment of approximately 850 students ranging from grades 9 to 12 and is the only high school in the Greeneville City School system. In 2008, GHS was honored as a U.S. Department of Education National Blue Ribbon School, the only high school in the state of Tennessee to be so honored in 2008. Our standardized academic achievement results and graduation rate of over 97% place GHS at the forefront of high achieving secondary schools in our state.
They were awarded the #1 school system in the state last month

The TD was caught against #18 who started & stayed in the whole game at right corner. Then he got squashed like a little bug by #13 on the TD.

ive read this entire thread and enjoyed most of it....now let me give the bears fan my honest and extremely accurate thoughts on several things. I was not at all surprised at the fan turnout for Pisgah. Great blue collar town with great blue collar people who LOVE their football and their kids and have alot of community pride. similar to our situation here. To address the constant whining about our boys holding...sure, there was alot of holding going on out there last night...ON BOTH sides. the officiating was horrid and the tssaa needs to really look at setting an age limit to their officials. that crew last night could probably win the " rest home rook tournament " with their eyes closed, which apparantly they applied to their officiating skills...pisgah fans have every right to be just as pissed at the officiating as WE DID. the only difference being our team was winning so it makes the bad calls a bit more tolerable. Now to the subbing issue. Yes nmber 18 was out there on pisgahs touchdown and i personally thought maybe he shouldnt have been simply because he was very banged up and has been most of the season, but the kid is a warrior and perhaps a bit more banged up than he wants to admit....regardless, he was in so technically yes, we had a starter in at the end of the game...that said, we also used "back ups" all night long. In fact, the RB than ran for nearly 100 on yall tonight is a back up, OR, if you prefer a different term, hes 3rd or 4th option in at RB now, behind, youngblood who was out with nagging injuries, Maclain and even Kershaw. And ofcourse our "leading rusher" is that stud n the 2 jersey. we began subbing jv starters, best could tell, in the 3rd. im not sure what your coach was referring to saying we dont use subs in tennessee or whatever it was he said. we DEFINTELY put our backups in when a lead is safe. UNLESS your name is Trezvant....to the fans sitting on the visitors side....its ALWAYA been that way. there isnt enough general admission seating on the home side for everyone, so alot of folks have always sat on the "other home side"...haha. its rarely an issue because most teams that visit dont travel as well as pisgah...i agree, we need more stands on the home side...perhaps DB will build US an upper deck too....hehehe....to be honest, its never really been an issue until ballard got here with his silly beleif of putting winners on the field every year...haha..., which has drawn more fans to the hill....i guess pisgah fans would REALLY have an issue if they played somewhere like south greene or cherokee or volunteer, where there are NO seats on the visitor side at all.....to the game now...i was actually somewhat worried that this game could be a close one because before the game, i didnt see the same enthusiasm or excitement about this game from the kids as usual. they seemed to just be "preoccupied" before the game, as if there werent a good football team visiting and that had me concerned. i think this probably kept the score from being even worse than it was. Of course i could be completely wrong about that, thats just the feelng i got. I think if they play this game 100 times, we win 100 times. atleast with this years teams and especially at full strength. Thats not at all a knock on the bears. yall have a great team, with a great tradition and a great fan base and a TON to be proud of as im sure you all are. Best of luck the rest of the way and i hope yall win state and i cant wait to visit you guys next year and i WILL catch a pisgah/tuscola game in canton before i die, if im lucky enough...lastly, Devilman, i know you are a stand up guy and will pay up on your bet, if you havent already. A bet is a bet and only a very small man, welches on a bet, so that's why i know you will pay up....next time though, you might want to make it 29 points instead of 35...hahahahha....go devils, go bears and man do we need these next 2 weeks of rest

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Having more home fans than home side seats is not a bad thing..I know a lot of teams around here that would like to have that problem.

Typical Pisgah vs Tuscola game linked below. You need to make it to one BV Devil. Some nice hits in this one :)

One of funniest things that night. Devils running a sweep to our side. Pulling guard grabs our LB and slings him to ground.
Then next play that guard gets put on his back and our guy lands on top of him because he's got a hold of his jersey. Then said guard goes complains to the ref. I thought to myself... really?

Here's a pic from one of our awesome photographers. Pretty sure 32 doesn't have three arms. Check out his gallery. Some real good pics.

http://www.killillay.com/Galleries/...5th-2017-Varsity-at-Greenville-TN/i-xJwkRgz/A
Looks like a good block to me. As you can see your player is doing the swim move on the linemen. When you lift your arm up like that you expose that part of your body. He doesn't appear to have ahold of the jersey or the shoulder pads. Looks clean to me. From a single picture there is no way to tell is this was holding. Great pictures though!

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. Have you done time in the trenches?

Officiating or line?

No on both. Couldn't pay me enough to officiate. Especially having to deal with annoying people like me. All kidding aside, good luck on the rest of the year. Don't see you all losing.

Reactions: Cyclonefan29
I was wondering why the ref kept sending some of the players back to the sidelines.Thought maybe it was because of cut or blood.Found out today it was because their pants were above the knee.Must be a Tennessee thing.

Everyone talks about 4a vs 2a when in reality Pisgah has more students than GREENEVILLE..

You keep saying that but you forget to mention they have already beat three 6A teams.One was ranked fifth in the state.There is not a team in WNC that could beat them.

I was wondering why the ref kept sending some of the players back to the sidelines.Thought maybe it was because of cut or blood.Found out today it was because their pants were above the knee.Must be a Tennessee thing.

Not only a Tn. thing, also a NC thing.

You keep saying that but you forget to mention they have already beat three 6A teams.One was ranked fifth in the state.There is not a team in WNC that could beat them.
From all I've heard and I have a good friend in greeneville...you are correct no one in WNC would beat them..props to coach Chappell for taking the game..should generate a huge gate when they make the return trip next year....where do y'all play Hendersonville at this year??

From all I've heard and I have a good friend in greeneville...you are correct no one in WNC would beat them..props to coach Chappell for taking the game..should generate a huge gate when they make the return trip next year....where do y'all play Hendersonville at this year??

Pisgah and Franklin both play at Hendersonville.

At their house. Where in the heck are we going to park and sit?

At their house. Where in the heck are we going to park and sit?
Sit on there side..there fan support is average at best..franklin and Pisgah will both have more fans than Hendersonville but very true parking and visitor seating suck

if the officials spent more time worrying about actual penalties friday night, instead of stupid crap like jerseys being tucked, no undershirts alowed to be showing what so ever and the really rediculous one, making sure NO WRITING ON TAPE shows.....wth is that crap all about? again, friday nights officials need to be worrying more about where they get their next bottle of geretol more than who's got their stupid writing on their tape covered...some great pics by the pisgah photographer...wonder if they deleted the pics they took of the pisgah kids holding the greene devil kids or do they just keep the ones of the pisgah kids getting held. Let's face it, holding can be called on most offensive plays regardless of who is on offense.

if the officials spent more time worrying about actual penalties friday night, instead of stupid crap like jerseys being tucked, no undershirts alowed to be showing what so ever and the really rediculous one, making sure NO WRITING ON TAPE shows.....wth is that crap all about? again, friday nights officials need to be worrying more about where they get their next bottle of geretol more than who's got their stupid writing on their tape covered...some great pics by the pisgah photographer...wonder if they deleted the pics they took of the pisgah kids holding the greene devil kids or do they just keep the ones of the pisgah kids getting held. Let's face it, holding can be called on most offensive plays regardless of who is on offense.

Take it up with NCHSAA, that is a directive from them. Give it 10 years when those guys on Geritol are gone and because of lack of younger officials coming in, tell me how you like your Friday night football on Tuesday night so all games can be covered. Already happening in other states.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT