ADVERTISEMENT

Gosnells Return

ESODcards

Nov 13, 2016
not sure why the other one was banned seemed to me all the trolls were deleted.

This is awesome !!!!! Have they figured out what games they will play at Carroll and what games at East.

I will let this one continue as long as it doesn’t turn into last one.

This does make the East Reidsville game more interesting for me. I still think Tarboro is the favorite over East. If they do play I'd expect it to be a little closer this time around.

Yea yea gotta find another team to do the dirty work for y’all after you get smacked

I’m not saying that until after the Reidsville game.
I am a Tarboro die-hard, but if East Surry beats Reidsville, I will call you the team to beat in 1A! Even if Tarboro beats Rocky Mount, Cardinals over Rams midway through the season would impress me a lot more. I don't see it happening, but losing to Reidsville honestly wouldn't kill the season. Super props to East Surry and Reidsville for scheduling that OoC game. That's going to be a very high profile game at that point of the season.

I am a Tarboro die-hard, but if East Surry beats Reidsville, I will call you the team to beat in 1A! Even if Tarboro beats Rocky Mount, Cardinals over Rams midway through the season would impress me a lot more. I don't see it happening, but losing to Reidsville honestly wouldn't kill the season. Super props to East Surry and Reidsville for scheduling that OoC game. That's going to be a very high profile game at that point of the season.
I agree Tarboro is the team to beat right now in the East and the Cardinals are the team to beat in the west of with Tarboro being the slight favorite overall if East Surry gets beat by Reidsville nothing should change however if they win I believe we will have to flip the scrip with East Surry being slight favorites.

Beating Reidsville is a pretty tall order, they have a lot of history and tradition on their side

What was the reason for their return? I need this info

I would guess that the dad, who forced them to move, had a change of heart and allowed them to come back. At the end of the day, it really is not any of your business why they moved to CC or moved back..so no, you don’t “need this info”

I would guess that the dad, who forced them to move, had a change of heart and allowed them to come back. At the end of the day, it really is not any of your business why they moved to CC or moved back..so no, you don’t “need this info”
As of today, both are on Carroll County's & East Surry's roster
6 Benji Gosnell &
12 Stephen Gosnell

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/carroll-county-cavaliers-(hillsville,va)/football/roster.htm

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/east-surry-cardinals-(pilot-mountain,nc)/football/roster.htm

You pay more attention to MaxPreps than actual high school coaches which is sad either way you look at it.
Yes that is really sad and what is sadder is your post that shows your dislike of what I pointed out. Coaches are supposed to give this information to MaxPrep because the NCHSAA uses MaxPrep for their info. At least I do research what I post.

Yes that is really sad and what is sadder is your post that shows your dislike of what I pointed out. Coaches are supposed to give this information to MaxPrep because the NCHSAA uses MaxPrep for their info. At least I do research what I post.

I could care less what you pointed out. Coaches do have to put information into MaxPreps, but they don’t have do it until the state playoffs and that’s when most choose to do so. Shame on Carroll County for not deleting them from the roster immediately lol.

I could care less what you pointed out. Coaches do have to put information into MaxPreps, but they don’t have do it until the state playoffs and that’s when most choose to do so. Shame on Carroll County for not deleting them from the roster immediately lol.
You are really funny. Also the NCHSAA uses scores all season from MaxPrep and doesn't wait till the playoffs to use MaxPrep ....I've given you no reason to put me down ! Why aren't you on Americas Got Tallent as a comedian ? :D

Last edited:
Do they (NCHSAA) really use the MaxPreps rosters? I’ve always figured that they are just there if a coach or designee feels like putting that information out there.

It can’t be anything official. If a kid signs a privacy paper (FERPA), his name isn’t allowed to go on any kind of media platform that the school provides (not sure how that works, of it applies in a newspaper)

The paperwork that the NCHSAA uses for official purposes is handled by the school and provided directly to the association. Well, at least that is how it was 10+ years ago

Its mind blowing everyone has spent so much energy trying to figure out why these kids left, if they were coming back, and why they came back. At the end of the day it's no ones business. The family had a decision to make and they made it. That's life and they don't have to explain it to anyone. They're back. It's over. Let it go.

Reactions: 3daughters
The only thing coaches are required to put on MaxPreps is a schedule and accurate scores so their win-loss record is correct for playoff purposes. Some coaches put stats, some don’t. I know some coaches wouldn’t put any stats online, because they didn’t want other coaches using that as a way to game plan for an upcoming game.

Do they (NCHSAA) really use the MaxPreps rosters? I’ve always figured that they are just there if a coach or designee feels like putting that information out there.

It can’t be anything official. If a kid signs a privacy paper (FERPA), his name isn’t allowed to go on any kind of media platform that the school provides (not sure how that works, of it applies in a newspaper)

The paperwork that the NCHSAA uses for official purposes is handled by the school and provided directly to the association. Well, at least that is how it was 10+ years ago
Not sure at what point they use the roster but they do use the scores throughout the season and playoffs. Up until the end of last year, I posted the scores of our 3 local conferences, NWC, MVC & WPC and I double-checked the NCHSAA / MaxPrep scores with mine around 11 pm and they were posted on the NCHSAA by Maxprep statewide scores were posted. Not 100% were posted until the next day.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrepFanNC
Rosters don't have to be on maxpreps. ADs submit rosters for eligibility purposes but I'm not even sure if those go to the state. Might just be the local LEA. But maxpreps rosters aren't used for anything state wise.

As die hard a Bear fan I have to go to bat for the cards on this one. Every gosnell in that family started school in that district played sports in that district , watched the pilot Christmas parade from there front porch , but on Sunday morning drove to Carroll county va for church. I love to talk S:mad:t, chew the fat , and rouse feathers with the best of them but to me this subject is mute. The boys are playing where they played there whole life. Good for the cards , they are flat out loaded now that they are complete. The Reidsville game is now interesting, not saying they win but it is one I will watch and be pulling for them in. The Bears are young , a year away. But by the years end in pilot mtn I still expect to see a very good game. Excited to see this bears team this year. Young and talented. By seasons end very good. Back to the cards , will be interesting to see how they hold up against a very physical swain county or Murphy team if they play up. The cards match talent and athleticism with anybody in 1a football , yes the vikes included , but that physical football always worries me about any team from these parts come playoff time , bears included in that statement

Last edited:
Reactions: Bearfan71
You are so right gdawg 74 on the physical aspect just look back to last years Mt Airy and Swain game even though we won the game it was our exit out of the playoffs we were beat up pretty bad for the next round

Reactions: gdawg74
From what I have heard the Gosnells are not returning to East Surry but even if they do Tarboro wins by another landslide until proven otherwise

From what I have heard the Gosnells are not returning to East Surry but even if they do Tarboro wins by another landslide until proven otherwise

You have heard some wrong information then. They are enrolled at East Surry & have been at practice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT