ADVERTISEMENT

Gosnells Return

Can you guys for the love of christ just give it a rest? Wherever the kids play they play. Hope they have a good season and move on. If people put as much energy into your schools and communtiy as some of you have put into worrying over the Gossnels we might not have an education system that is heading off the tracks or communities in the dumps.

Last edited:
Reactions: gdawg74
How do you ignore this thread? Tired of seeing it updated. Lost its purpose of information about the third response, guess what gosnells are back who cares get over it and move on for the love of god.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Gosnells are back and enrolled at ES.

Yes NCHSAA uses Maxpreps for scores and records, but seen many mistakes in those scores and records put in there on Friday nights.

I’ve seen so many different scores listed on Friday nights, it’s almost comical.

How do you ignore this thread? Tired of seeing it updated. Lost its purpose of information about the third response, guess what gosnells are back who cares get over it and move on for the love of god.
There will unfortunately be those among us who subscribe to any number of conspiracy theories and wants the NCHSAA to investigate every time a kid enrolls at a school as if the districts themselves aren’t already doing it. It’s just childish and stupid, and ncpreps doesn’t require a literacy test prior to commenting.

The family wants them to finish where they started, no harm in that some are mad because ES will breeze through the regular season and they have multiple D1 players at a 1A program. I have become very disappointed in this website and mostly visit carolinapreps. This has become a bash coaches and kids website. No control whatsoever from the ones running these message boards

Reactions: Crimson jacket 1991
I'm not going to bash I'm happy for east I'm die hard Mt Airy East wins NW this year but 2020 will be different talent wise long term Bears have upper hand

Reactions: gdawg74
Question. Did the gosnells move back to east surry I had heard a rumor?

How do you ignore this thread? Obviously by continuing to post about it...makes perfect sense...

The SMC has no high level athletes. Just hard nosed physical play.
Ignorant as hell. The SMC has produced their fair share of college athletes over the years including a couple skill athletes that dwarf anything East Surry has or ever will produce.

And if you want to talk current Murphy has one of the highest ranked 1A recruits ever and Hayesville has a sophomore TE that will play D1.

Ignorant as hell. The SMC has produced their fair share of college athletes over the years including a couple that dwarf anything East Surry has or ever will produce.
I’m talking speed and skill not linemen. And not currently any athletes to match up once you come off that mountain.

Ignorant as hell. The SMC has produced their fair share of college athletes over the years including a couple skill athletes that dwarf anything East Surry has or ever will produce.

And if you want to talk current Murphy has one of the highest ranked 1A recruits ever and Hayesville has a sophomore TE that will play D1.
East Surry will field more D1 athletes this year than the entire SMC combined. LOL come off that mountain and see what speed really is if you want to.

I’m talking speed and skill not linemen. And not currently any athletes to match up once you come off that mountain.
You act like East is some bastion of speed, your whole team was painfully slow against Tarboro minus the older Gosnell, get real.

Yes, you have 3 D1 kids, congratulations but since you said skill and speed is the criterion then you have one college skill athlete, the other two are a lineman and a 6'8 QB that will end up playing OT at UNC or be a blocking TE.

Last edited:
Dude you have one college skill athlete, the other two are a lineman and a 6'8 QB that will end up playing OT at UNC or be a blocking TE.

You act like East is some bastion of speed, your whole time was painfully slow against Tarboro minus the older Gosnell, get real.
And your SMC team is painfully slow compared to the cardinals what’s your point. We have a DE with ACC SEC offers a UNC commit TE and a NC State commit WR and his younger brother who is pulling the same interest. Bring your slow ars off the mountain in November and you’ll see the speed. Just like you did when you went to MA a few years ago and couldn’t defend the edge.

And your SMC team is painfully slow compared to the cardinals what’s your point. We have a DE with ACC SEC offers a UNC commit TE and a NC State commit WR and his younger brother who is pulling the same interest. Bring your slow ars off the mountain in November and you’ll see the speed. Just like you did when you went to MA a few years ago and couldn’t defend the edge.
Ive seen East Surry up close and personal 4 times over the last 20 years, you dont even have more speed than Murphy year to year and less athletes demographically. Thanks for the laugh. The only team in your county with more speed/athletes than Murphy year to year is Mount Airy, quit piggy backing on them.

Last edited:
Honestly, Murphy would be the most athletic, or second most athletic team in Surry County almost every year, only behind Mount Airy.

Reactions: mbdfan
Honestly, Murphy would be the most athletic, or second most athletic team in Surry County almost every year, only behind Mount Airy.
This is ignorant, biggest and most physical without a doubt most athletic, about the same level as south stokes lol.

Reactions: ESguro
This is ignorant, biggest and most physical without a doubt most athletic, about the same level as south stokes lol.

I mean year to year, East Surry is probably equal to South Stokes in athleticism. East Surry is not a “speed team”. Even this year, their most talented team ever, they still aren’t a finesse or speed team. I’m sorry but that’s just the facts. Murphy is known for electric skill players every year. East Surry is not. Having 3 D-1 players doesn't change that.

I mean year to year, East Surry is probably equal to South Stokes in athleticism. East Surry is not a “speed team”. Even this year, their most talented team ever, they still aren’t a finesse or speed team. I’m sorry but that’s just the facts. Murphy is known for electric skill players every year. East Surry is not. Having 3 D-1 players doesn't change that.
Murphy and electric skill does not go together at all. They have one or 2 running backs that get 40 touches a game in that age old offense making those stats look good behind a great OL.

Murphy and electric skill does not go together at all. They have one or 2 running backs that get 40 touches a game in that age old offense making those stats look good behind a great OL.

Lol. Murphy runs a hybrid offense; they mix the Wing-T (an offense known to be run by speedy teams) and the spread. It’s very diverse and utilizes their skill talent in multiple ways. I’m sorry this angers you, but nobody is shaking in their boots by East Surry’s speed. Especially not Murphy. East Surry has a great team and program. But speeding by defenders is not something you see them doing traditionally. That doesn’t mean they aren’t good.

lol did you watch any of murphys games last year they had 3 running backs on a continued cycle all game. The two first barely played after the second half in most games.

Lol. Murphy runs a hybrid offense; they mix the Wing-T (an offense known to be run by speedy teams) and the spread. It’s very diverse and utilizes their skill talent in multiple ways. I’m sorry this angers you, but nobody is shaking in their boots by East Surry’s speed. Especially not Murphy. East Surry has a great team and program. But speeding by defenders is not something you see them doing traditionally. That doesn’t mean they aren’t good.
If Murphy isn’t scared don’t rig those numbers this year and stay 1AA you can come get all you want. And if you think the wing T is used by speedy teams you need to come out of the 60’s we are living in the 21st over here man. What a joke!!

Nobody from Murphy gets 40 touches, Dogs had 3 backs with 800 yards and 9 yards a carry last year, not a single one with even 200 total carries on the season. Murphy spreads things out amongst their skill kids and yes they usually have some good ones. No point in debating this topic any further you are blatantly ignorant or completely misinformed.

lol did you watch any of murphys games last year they had 3 running backs on a continued cycle all game. The two first barely played after the second half in most games.
No I prefer not to watch football from a time capsule that is the SMC.

Nobody from Murphy gets 40 touches, Dogs had 3 backs with 800 yards and 9 yards a carry last year, not a single one with even 200 total carries on the season. Murphy spreads things out amongst their skill kids and yes they usually have some good ones. No point in devating this topic any further you are blatantly ignorant or completely misinformed.
How many passing yards did the top WR have or the QB?

Murphy utilizes their talent well and runs the ball as well as anyone at the 1A level. However, how do you guys believe you have so much athleticism and speed because teams with real athletes and speed aren’t running the Wing T and sending 3 blockers to the point of attack every play.

Reactions: bud33345
Murphy utilizes their talent well and runs the ball as well as anyone at the 1A level. However, how do you guys believe you have so much athleticism and speed because teams with real athletes and speed aren’t running the Wing T and sending 3 blockers to the point of attack every play.

I like how you sidestepped your own fans ridiculous and uniformed claims and focused on mine. Pretty telling.

When you have a tradition of producing big and strong lineman in a conference like the SMC, it makes sense to do that. Running the wing-t does not negate Murphy’s athletic talent. Shelby ran the T for years and was very successful. Starmount built their program off the wing-t.

The basis of the argument was the same ridiculous stereotype that Murphy is a big, slow, mountain team. Not what you’re addressing. The argument was more about how ridiculous it is that East Surry is some phenom, speedy team and Murphy isn’t. Anyone that makes a comment like that loses all credibility.

Humoring how one fan can turn an entire message board against a team that has traditionally been well regarded and respected on this board. You’re either trolling or just that simple minded. Enjoy it this year. Next year, it will be back to second fiddle behind Mount Airy and losing to Cherryville in the 2nd round.

Tarboro's T is about as simple as it gets, and derives from one of the oldest offenses in football. So it's silly to say that teams with fast, elite kids don't run those types of offenses. Seems to have worked pretty well for them! I'm no Murphy fan, but that's the beauty of the Wing T also, that it can be utilized with almost any type of team.
This is true, but who wouldn't salivate to see Tarboro in a spread. Sometimes coaches go with what they know and coach Craddock gets the most out of what he knows.

Ah typical SMC fan with his head in the clouds. Jealous that these brothers are more athletic than anyone in yalls conference.
I was actually poking fun at the conspiracy theorists on here talking about them living in different locations! But since you brought it up I would take the top 3 any year in the SMC over anything in your conference. Just keep that speed and athleticism, the SMC will just keep racking up SCs! What happened the last time Murphy went 1AA? East fans should remember! Hahahahaha

ES has always been more of an SMC type team than a speed team. This is abnormal for them to have multiple “athletes”.

They are never slow as a unit and usually play sound, hard nosed football. Sounds like an SMC team doesn’t it?

One top 5 finish in school history and they start walking around like they are early 2000s Albemarle, though.

I was actually poking fun at the conspiracy theorists on here talking about them living in different locations! But since you brought it up I would take the top 3 any year in the SMC over anything in your conference. Just keep that speed and athleticism, the SMC will just keep racking up SCs! What happened the last time Murphy went 1AA? East fans should remember! Hahahahaha
I’m going to defend Murphy ( which is crazy look at their titles) and the SMC. Murphy fans don’t get in a peeing contest with this guy over ES vs SMC. Last time ES came to Murphy you would have thought ES’s defensive coach was watching a tennis match when Murphy’s ancient offense had the ball. Come on SMC guys lets be gentlemen and the next time ES comes to town offer to show them a State Championship ring since they’ve never seen one. Remember we’re the good guys. Go Knights

I’m going to defend Murphy ( which is crazy look at their titles) and the SMC. Murphy fans don’t get in a peeing contest with this guy over ES vs SMC. Last time ES came to Murphy you would have thought ES’s defensive coach was watching a tennis match when Murphy’s ancient offense had the ball. Come on SMC guys lets be gentlemen and the next time ES comes to town offer to show them a State Championship ring since they’ve never seen one. Remember we’re the good guys. Go Knights
In small 1A and that coach was old and rusty first time he’d coached in 20 years and was gone the year after. Good luck doing that this year. Also Murphy beat East Surry while they were in double tights, the next week you went to MA who was I. Spread and had comparable speed to this years East Surry team and got ran off the field because they couldn’t defend the edge. LACK OF SPEED.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT