ADVERTISEMENT

Gibbons at Richmond

I don’t believe it’s the coaches fault! I think they are working with what they got . Do we have talent yes a lot but some of them not out there they like the street life better . Sad but true . What we need is more coaches caring about these kids like our coaching staff does . If good people don’t start talking to kids about the street and where it’s going to get them Richmond want be talked about as much the coming years. I have much respect for the players and coaches they work hard and played hard.
Go Raiders
Okay then go watch some other top tier teams and see the multiple formations they have on offense and see how well coached they are to implement same. Richmond has changed nothing offensively and CG was ready. Run,run,pass incomplete.I’m not gonna get into the problems the secondary has. Hard to watch.

Reactions: Deweyrulz1951
DaMouth says this; I admire the heart that Richmond showed.. They kids played hard.. But I think these kids are getting cheated because of poor preparation. Raider secondary was torched all night just like in the spring game. Raider offense was once again one dimensional just like in the spring game. This game was a carbon copy of last game. Do the coaches not teach pass defense? Do they not teach the passing game? It was my first Raider game this year and I can’t believe they won the first 2 games.
I hell hate watching the same thing over and over and over. We will never achieve greatness with sub- par coaching. Can you coaches make losing any easier. Put qb under center sometimes. Throw the football on first down sometime.

I hell hate watching the same thing over and over and over. We will never achieve greatness with sub- par coaching. Can you coaches make losing any easier. Put qb under center sometimes. Throw the football on first down sometime.
Can't agree more. 3rd and 1 no we in shotgun now its 3rd and 6. How about a play action on 1st instead of a run every time.

Hard fought game tonight we had our chances but didn't take advantage. We will learn more from this loss than some teams scheduling cup cakes for wins. On to Southview
Coach Hoggard did more with less talent than any coach I’ve watched. Three years of amazing talent, wasted ! Too many coaches, got coach for this gotta coach for that just don’t have a coach that can call play’s in time to keep the ball moving . SMH

Can't agree more. 3rd and 1 no we in shotgun now its 3rd and 6. How about a play action on 1st instead of a run every time.
Hold on last week yall was the no 1 team in the country....now yall barely making the playoffs??? Some times the other team is better on that day....happens. important thing is....and I feel a loss is better than a win sometimes esp a close lost vs a good team...the coach can go back analyze the game for a match up later down the road in the playoffs. Sheesh u would thought this was an early playoff exit reading some comments on here.

Like I stated earlier, defense wins championships as we all know. Giving up 100 points in just three games isn't going to get you very far in football. I don't fault the kids, they are just doing what they have been coached to do. Something has happened with Richmonds defenses since Barnes, Emory days. I also miss the old shotgun triple option that Hoggard use to run. That was fun to watch.

This is how some not all raider fans are lose game fire the coach or off with their head . We can hire every top notch coach in the NFL , COLLEGE they are giving 2 years to win the state if it doesn’t happen then they need to be fire by all the coaches in the stand. But what gets me they know the calls that need to be called to win every game , but they never Apply for the coach Job!

If I was a head coach of a football team. I would call TIME OUT during a crucial moment. Then I would say something like "men relax...stick to the basics"

"Alright men here's what we're going to do. After this time out is over, all 10 of you will run back to the ball as if the game is back in session. My 11th man(johnny - wide receiver) you will stay put right here and we will camouflage you by bunching up next to you. Hey QB make sure you snap the ball quick so Johnny(the uncovered and unnoticed 11th player) is wide open down field. Hey Johnny you will face the team as if you were one of us. When QB snaps the ball you run - no one will be covering you."

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!
:cool:

I thought we would be 0 and 3 at this point. 2 and 1 I can live with. There is no better team in our conference better than what we faced so far. We could have scheduled 4 cupcakes like some did.

Reactions: tigertown21
This is how some not all raider fans are lose game fire the coach or off with their head . We can hire every top notch coach in the NFL , COLLEGE they are giving 2 years to win the state if it doesn’t happen then they need to be fire by all the coaches in the stand. But what gets me they know the calls that need to be called to win every game , but they never Apply for the coach Job!
I haven’t seen anyone on this thread calling for a coach to be fired. Those kids are giving effort and putting in work. Those kids should expect the same from the coaches. No passing game, no pass defense. I believe I read in one of the local papers the coach said they had no passing game.This was the week before Mt.Tabor game.

Not a Richmond fan but absolutely respect the program. They lose a close game against another top tier team where they had some opportunities to win and the world is falling apart in some eyes. Nonsense. Their early season OOC schedule could have potentially left them 0-4 to start. They are now 2-1 with one more to go. Those 4 games may be the toughest ones Richmond sees until the playoffs. Rolling into the playoffs undefeated, scoring 60+ points a game and thinking you are master of the universe doesn't help unless you have been battle tested. (Just ask Havelock, last year's 3A runner up.) Whether the season after this week starts at 3-1 or 2-2, they will have been battle tested and beaten at least 2, maybe 3, really good teams. These 4 games will pay big dividends when Richmond gets to the end of the season. They will know their true strengths, what to work on and can focus on getting better between now and then. They are going to be a tough out that no team will want to see in November.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT