ADVERTISEMENT

North Henderson at Pisgah

Pisgah Bears

Jul 31, 2015
Canton
If it's anything like the first one should be a really good game if you like offence. One of the better first round games. Hard to beat the same team twice .Playing at home think the Bears win.

Reactions: PBBear51
I agree but I really hope a defense shows up for one of those teams because they may need it going forward.
Good luck to both the Knights and the Bears!

I may be wrong but I anticipate a different all-around game than the light-up-the-scoreboard night like we saw this past week. I think, deinitely hope, there will be some defensive adjustments made. I'm ok with it though, if North decides to not make any defensive adjustments. 😜

I may be wrong but I anticipate a different all-around game than the light-up-the-scoreboard night like we saw this past week. I think, deinitely hope, there will be some defensive adjustments made. I'm ok with it though, if North decides to not make any defensive adjustments. 😜
Weather could be more of a factor this game. Still it is disappointing (to me at least) to have to play the exact team you played just a week ago. That sounds like Easten NC playoffs a bit too much.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
You definitely play the card you are dealt and just have to go take care of business. But no team in this state especially outside of 1A should be playing a conference foe in the first round. As many teams that make the playoffs now days, just shouldn’t happen. But regardless I’m hoping the bears can get back on track especially on Defense. Almost like West beat us and we panicked and changed everything including who’s on the field on defense ever since and we have looked terrible. When there was no need to change anything West was just the better team. Should have just stuck to what was working against everyone else. In the end it’s only cost us one game (be it a big one) but probably didn’t even effect seeding. But if we don’t get back to some form of what we were doing prior to WH and even at WH (where I didn’t think the defense played terrible they just got worn out at the end against a better team) these playoffs will be short and sweet.

You definitely play the card you are dealt and just have to go take care of business. But no team in this state especially outside of 1A should be playing a conference foe in the first round. As many teams that make the playoffs now days, just shouldn’t happen. But regardless I’m hoping the bears can get back on track especially on Defense. Almost like West beat us and we panicked and changed everything including who’s on the field on defense ever since and we have looked terrible. When there was no need to change anything West was just the better team. Should have just stuck to what was working against everyone else. In the end it’s only cost us one game (be it a big one) but probably didn’t even effect seeding. But if we don’t get back to some form of what we were doing prior to WH and even at WH (where I didn’t think the defense played terrible they just got worn out at the end against a better team) these playoffs will be short and sweet.
So you think we should never change our defense. I'm sure all the other schools we play would love that. Would be no different that never changing the offence ,Pisgah changed the defense in the second half against North and it must have worked.

I would find it hilarious if this one turned into a defensive struggle. Pisgah will make adjustments and should win this one by a larger margin than last week.

So you think we should never change our defense. I'm sure all the other schools we play would love that. Would be no different that never changing the offence ,Pisgah changed the defense in the second half against North and it must have worked.
Yes you throw wrinkles in defense all the time? But changing everything including who’s on the field? No you shouldn’t. Not in the middle of the year.
We came out in something we had not ran all year and we looked exactly like a team that had not ran it all year. Coaches are always tweaking base defenses and giving different looks. But going as far as taking guys who have had a solid year off the field to stick kids on it who haven’t played D all year? I don’t think a lot of coaches who had Pisgahs D this year would have jumped on that idea.
We changed some things and for 1 3/4 games against decent competition we had absolutely no outside containment see Tuscola and N Henderson’s rushing yards stats compared to everyone not named WH. You had gave up a high of 14 points prior to West, gave up 30 to West (not actually that bad), and then made the change gave up 28 to Tuscola and 41 to NH. So to answer your question yes Pisgah should change defenses and offenses when they are struggling. But, they had one of the best defenses in WNC. The “jump” in competition has not caused it-I’d argue neither of those teams is better than Brevard.
I have a feeling you have been here long enough and watched enough football to know what I meant and just wanted to make me look stupid? But, if not I hope presented my case well enough?

Last edited:
Reactions: goldendomer10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT