ADVERTISEMENT

First Round Weather

TD Pass2

Nov 25, 2016
Looks like the weather has shown up just in time to “rain” on our parade.(Pun Intended) The forecast is calling for at least 50% chance of rain across the East on Friday night. Hoping for injury free games across the State!

I’m hearing rumors of games being moved up due to weather(even though there is rain in the forecast for most of the week). Anyone know of games being moved up or pushed back due to weather?

Right now the weather forecast for the northern piedmont for this friday is NOT calling for rain....high in low 50's.....rain is forecasted for Thursday night (50 per cent)....forecast will probably change again by tomorrow.....

The forecast in Clinton is 20% Thursday, 90% Friday, and the rain Friday is supposed to be all day. Maybe they should consider moving to Thursday.

In Jacksonville "rain on and off" 100% for Friday. Thats OK, we got our mud cleats on and ready. A little rain dont hurt a straight ahead running team like a spread or speed one.

Reactions: Footballerswo
Schools got to be concerned about the attendance ($$). Most people not going to sit out in the rain.

I still DO NOT understand or agree with moving football games because of just rain... Guess I’m more old school and being a northerner we played in rain or snow numerous times a season
If it rained heavily all day, we wouldn't play due to 1. player safety and 2. tearing up the field beyond repair. Other than that, we played.

If it rained heavily all day, we wouldn't play due to 1. player safety and 2. tearing up the field beyond repair. Other than that, we played.
Our field in Ohio was torn up by end of September for the most part.... Finally 25 years after I graduated the school system built a new stadium and installed field turf

Reactions: Footballerswo
Its definitely to maximize the gate. If the forecast called for storms and rain Monday thru Thursday but clear skies Friday, then the game would be played on Friday on a muddy, pig sty field. But rain on a Friday but no rain Thursday? Game is thursday. They know casual fans and students will be turned off by rain. So field conditions don't play as much of a part as potential money lost. I don't believe coaches make that call. ADs do, because football pays for everything else.

Right now the weather forecast for the northern piedmont for this friday is NOT calling for rain....high in low 50's.....rain is forecasted for Thursday night (50 per cent)....forecast will probably change again by tomorrow.....
well as predicted...now the weather is calling for rain on friday and friday nite...40 per cent chance....probably will be 100 per cent chance in forecast by tomorrow......

Reactions: TD Pass2
great (rolls eyes)...I specifically asked for friday nite off and work on thursday....and now they move the game....sheesh....................
You're old enough to retire!!!

still confused on why the game was moved....only a 40 per cent chance on friday and just cloudy friday nite.....it will probably rain like he** thursday nite....lol...

still confused on why the game was moved....only a 40 per cent chance on friday and just cloudy friday nite.....it will probably rain like he** thursday nite....lol...

Well, I don't have to work. So, lets play Thursday and maybe I can check out another game Friday!:cool::cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT