ADVERTISEMENT

February Girls basketball scores

Your right execution was terrible tonight. But Albemarle was up 2 in the second quarter when 24 picked up her 3rd foul. In fact 11 24 and 23 all had 3 fouls in the first half and then everything went to the pooper. Had 5 bad turnovers for layups in the second quarter. Lost the 16-8. Coming out of half Albemarle was plus 2 in the quarter when 24 picked up her 4th foul. That quarter was outscored 28-16.

Saying all of that to this. Albemarle didn’t handle the adversity of the foul trouble tonight and made really bad turnovers and don’t get me started on the glass. Let me remind you this Albemarle team has played the best teams in the state and done pretty well. My opinion Albemarle has been in conference with no challenges bishop coming off really good games against grace and CC. (Fyi this Albemarle group beat CC by 15). Also beat sun valley who is a pretty good team as well. Glad there are some games upcoming to that will be challenging. But don’t discount this group off a bad night. That was a good game until the foul trouble hit

Also North Rowan is coming up on the 7th guess we will see.
Who is CC? I saw where they beat Chatham Charter by 1.

Right now N. Wilkes has a better RPI. But I haven’t heard anyone who’s seen them play talk about how they might match up. The Lady Cavs might be in for trouble if they have to go up against someone with a real inside game.
They better have really good guards also, because EB’s guards can play defense. Gotta have a guard that can get you the ball in the right spot. It’s obviously an opinion but I’m taking EB to win State!

When did they play Charlotte Catholic?
Pre season along with north meck west Rowan cape fear lake norman etc. bishop didn’t do anything that was outside of what we hadn’t seen or been on the floor with. The zone defense bishop played we just seen against NS. Any of those really good teams that we faced we execute the way we did alone you get the same result. Add in to the fact bishops girls did a great job on the offensive glass AND we had 9 turnovers that led to 20pts you’re not beating a good team like bishop. Playing like that we wouldn’t have beaten UA either. We understand that. That was a great game to have especially with the conference strength we have. We aren’t worried about it and it didn’t hurt us. We know what we need to do and if anything snapped us back into what needs to be focused on.

Pre season along with north meck west Rowan cape fear lake norman etc. bishop didn’t do anything that was outside of what we hadn’t seen or been on the floor with. The zone defense bishop played we just seen against NS. Any of those really good teams that we faced we execute the way we did alone you get the same result. Add in to the fact bishops girls did a great job on the offensive glass AND we had 9 turnovers that led to 20pts you’re not beating a good team like bishop. Playing like that we wouldn’t have beaten UA either. We understand that. That was a great game to have especially with the conference strength we have. We aren’t worried about it and it didn’t hurt us. We know what we need to do and if anything snapped us back into what needs to be focused on.
Preseason? Not a true measuring stick. Coaches use different philosophies in regard to scrimmages

Preseason? Not a true measuring stick. Coaches use different philosophies in regard to scrimmages
I watched the Catholic and bishop game it was a lot of the same items defensively offensively etc. The big difference we executed well offensively and defensively. Honestly in our game vs bishop and I stated this before had it just been just an offensive execution thing that game would have been close but the separation was the offensive glass for bishop I believe they had 18 and the bad turnovers that bishop took for 20pts. We had an opportunity to take that away on our own steals but we didn’t finish. At the end of the day that’s what happens against a good team when you don’t execute offensively and defensively. And we knew that.

Not many people are talking about ACR but they may give W Rowan a run for their money.
Their only loss is to LKN. They have a solid starting 5.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Not many people are talking about ACR but they may give W Rowan a run for their money.
Their only loss is to LKN. They have a solid starting 5.
We were up one at their place with the ball and about 2 minutes left. I don’t know if they were missing some people or if they were off (or we were killing it) but I feel like we let that one get away.

Is Mountain Heritage girls legit? Or is there conference just weak? I Never hear anyone post anything about them but with them having number 1 overall rpi could they beat bishop or cherokee this year?

Is Mountain Heritage girls legit? Or is there conference just weak? I Never hear anyone post anything about them but with them having number 1 overall rpi could they beat bishop or cherokee this year?
Heritage returned about everybody from last year. They played close with watauga who is a pretty good team twice I believe they lost in OT both times.

Reactions: KW23
Here are the top 6 teams I have seen this year for 1a west girls. I haven’t had a chance to see alot of the mountain teams.

In no order
1) Mtn Heritage they still have the size and shooting and played watauga really well.
2) Bishop battle tested the CC game was a bad matchup for them
3) Albemarle played a tough non conference returned all the core from last year
4) Cherokee added a good 6’1 freshman and returned everybody from last year
5) Union academy returned everybody from last year and Thompson is healthy who is a really strong player do not sleep on them only losses to a very good Porter ridge team and Albemarle
6) north Rowan they returned everybody and have ellis healthy who is a big time shooter to go with Bailee they will be a tough out.

Reactions: KW23
You have union academy higher than north rowan who beat y'all?

They better have really good guards also, because EB’s guards can play defense. Gotta have a guard that can get you the ball in the right spot. It’s obviously an opinion but I’m taking EB to win State!
North Wilkes is good, however, losing the Bare kid will hurt them in the playoffs. They have all the pieces if she was able to play. They have benefited from a weak Foothills Conference this year, but they have challenged themselves out of conference. I don’t think they can beat EB without the older Bare kid.

I wouldn’t refer to the Foothills Conf as weak. Current Maxpreps rankings has N Wilkes-1, N Surry-3, Forbush- 5 and E Surry-6 in the west. That’s pretty impressive.
I agree that if the older Bare was not hurt they would probably be the favorite on the west side. They did win the Mary Garber Tourn, beating all the 4A schools in Forsyth County (even though the CPC is super weak).
However, I believe 2A as a whole is a little down this year compared to the last few years.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Last account North Rowan was up 43-3 over Thomasville early 2nd half

Lake Norman won over AL Brown 80-41. But one of LN star players had an ankle injury due to a reverse layup. Hopefully she will recover quickly.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
1/30
N Guilford 71 SE Guilford 32
Page girls 41 Ragsdale 38
SW Guilford 54 W Guilford 49
Smith 39, Rockingham Co 17
Dudley 64 Atkins 27
HP Andrews 55 N Forsyth 24
Caldwell Academy 54 Calvary Day 28
Bishop McGuinness 65 NC Leadership Academy 24
HP Christian 66 Forsyth Country Day 49
MT Tabor 54, East Forsyth 35

Last edited:
Reactions: Sportsnut17
North Rowan held on and pulled it out and won 58-6, lol.
First Half GIF

Mid-Piedmont Conference 01/30
Central Davidson 69 Asheboro 52
Oak Grove 58 North Davidson 46
Montgomery Central 56 Ledford 47

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Always fun knowing you have to play a conference game and how that game is going to end also knowing your going to drop in rank lol. Oooffaa
Hope y'all win out and pass the braves... Would much rather the braves play Mountain Heritage instead of Bishop.

Braves would play on a neutral court BC bishop's gym isnt big enough to hold the braves fans... Played at SW Guilford last year.. Braves filled up visitors and half the home side

Braves would play on a neutral court BC bishop's gym isnt big enough to hold the braves fans... Played at SW Guilford last year.. Braves filled up visitors and half the home side
I will say this I think there are a few teams that shouldn’t be slept on in the 1a West.

I think north rowan is probably top 4 in the west... They wont have top 4 seed... But they are top 4... Especially if they whip y'all again on Wednesday

Last edited:
I’m very shocked to see N Rowan at #12 on the adjusted rankings. If they get one of the lower seeds for the number 1 teams, that’s scary for a few higher seeds.

Definitely they will move up though before playoffs they will pass hiawasee dam BC hiawasee plays like 3 winless or 1 win teams... They may pass some more too but they will definitely be lower seeded than they deserve

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT