SW Guilford 44 Grimsley 37
N Guilford 76 Page 44
Rockingham Co 53 NE Guilford 29
Bishop Mcguiness 56 Carver 17
Atkins 50 HP Central 11
Piedmont Classical 71 College Prep & Leadership 40
Wesleyan Christian 55 Forsyth Country Day 32

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Watauga defeats Freedom 70-67 in overtime at Freedom. Lady Patriots trailed by as many as 13 in the first half and had a shot to win in regulation. Last 30 seconds of the game were wild with a trio of three pointers including the game winner which the Lady Pioneers banked in from about 25 feet.

Watauga defeats Freedom 70-67 in overtime at Freedom. Lady Patriots trailed by as many as 13 in the first half and had a shot to win in regulation. Last 30 seconds of the game were wild with a trio of three pointers including the game winner which the Lady Pioneers banked in from about 25 feet.
Watched Watauga against Mt Tabor they are pretty good

I didn’t get to watch the game but I would assume CC height was a hard match up for Bishop.
It didn't notice CC's height bothering them a great deal. They never let Jernigan get in a Rhythm. She had to work for every shot. Once she passed the ball, they didn't let her get it back and the rest of the team was missing wide open shots.

1/23
N Guilford 76 Grimsley 39
Greensboro Day 64 Caldwell Academy 11
W Guilford 64 Ragsdale 63
SE Guilford 57 Page 48
Smith 71 NE Guilford 27
Charlotte Catholic 59 Bishop Mcguiness 33
HP Andrews 68 Reidsville 31
Davie Co 53 W Forsyth 47

Bishop didn't look as good as an overall team tonight as they did last year IMO. They are missing their guard that graduated and kept throwing her head back anytime someone got near hear to try to get a foul call.. At least when they played the braves that's what she did. Also think they had some other tall girls graduate from last year. #10 pretty much is the team with some 3s from #22 mixed in as well. They got some other girls that hustle sure but those 2 carried them to victory tonight. I would get the ball out of number 10s hand and make the other girls beat me... I know that's easier said then done. Bishop can be beaten and I hope the Braves can do it. I also hope the Braves can either get the 3 seed if bishop moves to the 1 or stay at the 4 seed if bishop gets the 2 seed so they can avoid bishop as long as possible. Albemarle looked terrible like really bad. The entire game they kept unsuccessfully trying to force the ball down low to number 24 like that was there only way to score. Once albemarle got down you could tell they were beat and pretty much through in the towel pretty early.... Except for #11 she played with a lot of heart and tried to rally them back... Constantly trying to lob the ball inside led to so many steals and easy buckets for bishop. And albemarle didn't box out well either bishop got so many rebounds and second chance opportunities. #10 for Albemarle was a baller and the best player on the team IMO she can definitely score and drives the lane well...I wish she would have shot more and they would have lobbed it inside less. Even when they were down 20+ with 5 minutes to go they were still trying to get the ball down low... I was thinking jeez do they not have any other set plays than lob it to 24. I think North rowan and maybe Montgomery central beat albemarle and they drop to around the 7 or 8 seed range.

Bishop didn't look as good as an overall team tonight as they did last year IMO. They are missing their guard that graduated and kept throwing her head back anytime someone got near hear to try to get a foul call.. At least when they played the braves that's what she did. Also think they had some other tall girls graduate from last year. #10 pretty much is the team with some 3s from #22 mixed in as well. They got some other girls that hustle sure but those 2 carried them to victory tonight. I would get the ball out of number 10s hand and make the other girls beat me... I know that's easier said then done. Bishop can be beaten and I hope the Braves can do it. I also hope the Braves can either get the 3 seed if bishop moves to the 1 or stay at the 4 seed if bishop gets the 2 seed so they can avoid bishop as long as possible. Albemarle looked terrible like really bad. The entire game they kept unsuccessfully trying to force the ball down low to number 24 like that was there only way to score. Once albemarle got down you could tell they were beat and pretty much through in the towel pretty early.... Except for #11 she played with a lot of heart and tried to rally them back... Constantly trying to lob the ball inside led to so many steals and easy buckets for bishop. And albemarle didn't box out well either bishop got so many rebounds and second chance opportunities. #10 for Albemarle was a baller and the best player on the team IMO she can definitely score and drives the lane well...I wish she would have shot more and they would have lobbed it inside less. Even when they were down 20+ with 5 minutes to go they were still trying to get the ball down low... I was thinking jeez do they not have any other set plays than lob it to 24. I think North rowan and maybe Montgomery central beat albemarle and they drop to around the 7 or 8 seed range.
Your right execution was terrible tonight. But Albemarle was up 2 in the second quarter when 24 picked up her 3rd foul. In fact 11 24 and 23 all had 3 fouls in the first half and then everything went to the pooper. Had 5 bad turnovers for layups in the second quarter. Lost the 16-8. Coming out of half Albemarle was plus 2 in the quarter when 24 picked up her 4th foul. That quarter was outscored 28-16.

Saying all of that to this. Albemarle didn’t handle the adversity of the foul trouble tonight and made really bad turnovers and don’t get me started on the glass. Let me remind you this Albemarle team has played the best teams in the state and done pretty well. My opinion Albemarle has been in conference with no challenges bishop coming off really good games against grace and CC. (Fyi this Albemarle group beat CC by 15). Also beat sun valley who is a pretty good team as well. Glad there are some games upcoming to that will be challenging. But don’t discount this group off a bad night. That was a good game until the foul trouble hit

Also North Rowan is coming up on the 7th guess we will see.

I agree that Bishop is not as strong as last year, however, I still see them as the favorite. They’re very fundamentally sound and very well coached.
Bishop beat a good 4A Indpendence without their best player (Jernigan) in December.
I still see Albemarle as a top 5 team in 1A west, but I think they lack discipline at times against strong, fundamental teams. It will be interesting to see how they do in their matchup against N Rowan. I think it can go either way. They also have another game against UA and they should handle Mont Central pretty easily.
Playoff match ups will be important come probably 3rd round. Should be fun!

Your right execution was terrible tonight. But Albemarle was up 2 in the second quarter when 24 picked up her 3rd foul. In fact 11 24 and 23 all had 3 fouls in the first half and then everything went to the pooper. Had 5 bad turnovers for layups in the second quarter. Lost the 16-8. Coming out of half Albemarle was plus 2 in the quarter when 24 picked up her 4th foul. That quarter was outscored 28-16.

Saying all of that to this. Albemarle didn’t handle the adversity of the foul trouble tonight and made really bad turnovers and don’t get me started on the glass. Let me remind you this Albemarle team has played the best teams in the state and done pretty well. My opinion Albemarle has been in conference with no challenges bishop coming off really good games against grace and CC. (Fyi this Albemarle group beat CC by 15). Also beat sun valley who is a pretty good team as well. Glad there are some games upcoming to that will be challenging. But don’t discount this group off a bad night. That was a good game until the foul trouble hit

Also North Rowan is coming up on the 7th guess we will see.
Also hats off to Bishop and coach Robinson. They played with great energy last night and did a great job on the details. Also it’s great to see addy back and playing. She has a great game love her composure and her approach.

Lady Patriots get a huge 57-44 conference win over Alexander Central. Freedom was hitting on all cylinders tonight and had some luck as well. But opened a big lead early and the Lady Cougars never got it under four after the first quarter. Beating a good 14-2 AC team should be a huge boost for the Lady Pats going forward.

Something was in the air in Burke County tonight. First Braelyn Stillwell set a school record for three pointers in a game for the East Burke Lady Cavaliers and then, less than two hours later, Elijah Davidson did the same thing for the Freedom men. Both had ten treys on the night. Both teams won, the Patriot boys narrowly over Alexander Central and the Lady Cavs by a lot over Maiden.

East Burke 93
Maiden 48

Braelyn Stillwell 10 3 pointers, school record
93 points, most points scored by any cavalier girls team. school record.
Someone is gonna miss out on this Stilwell kid. She has the IT factor. Sometimes there is to much emphasis put on size. Watched her for 2 yrs now, not a team yet stopped her from doing what she wants. She wants a lay up, she gets it, she wants to drive and dish she does it, she wants to dribble around in circles she does it. No flash, no fancy extra dribbling no attitude just plain old school basketball. 22/23 ppg around 8 steals 5/6 rebounds and assists. Don’t hit me with the competition BS either because she did whatever she wanted all the way to Regional Finals last year. One of the best!!!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
1/26
Page 42 SW Guilford 35
N Guilford 94 Ragsdale 25
SE Guilford 45 Grimsley 39
NW Guilford 60 W Guilford 44
Smith 64 Atkins 31
Rockingham Co 59 S Guilford 37
Bishop Mcguiness 66 Cornerstone Charter 6
Vandalia Christian 58 Triad Baptist Christian 49
Piedmont Classical 57 NC Leadership Academy 47

At the beginning of the season I had E Burke winning the west and still do. E Rutherford and the Foothills Conf has some tough teams but I don’t see anyone beating E Burke.
However, I don’t see them beating N Pitt out of the east (or Seaforth).

At the beginning of the season I had E Burke winning the west and still do. E Rutherford and the Foothills Conf has some tough teams but I don’t see anyone beating E Burke.
However, I don’t see them beating N Pitt out of the east (or Seaforth).
Right now N. Wilkes has a better RPI. But I haven’t heard anyone who’s seen them play talk about how they might match up. The Lady Cavs might be in for trouble if they have to go up against someone with a real inside game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT