ADVERTISEMENT

East Wilkes @ Mitchell

I think NCHSAA goes by what ever MaxPreps posts because the schools are to let MaxPrep know if the start time is different than NCHSAA has listed and that is 7:00 but the schools should know for sure !

Your response to his question was like being a Richard. No wonder no one likes you. Always gotta be that
Most people that know me like me! I am a very blessed man with great friends and a great family. Life is too short man have a little fun! I could give a rats ass what you or anyone thinks about me on a dang message board! You have a great day and keep up the good work!

Most people that know me like me! I am a very blessed man with great friends and a great family. Life is too short man have a little fun! I could give a rats ass what you or anyone thinks about me on a dang message board! You have a great day and keep up the good work!
I got your back Buzz and I know how good a guy you are and great family man. You are very knowledgeable and don’t worry what some posters on a message board think of you. A lot of thin skin posters on here. All the talk in the world doesn’t mean anything it will all be settled on the field. Go Bears!!!!!

story response GIF

Buzz before getting on NC Preps.

Last edited:
Pulling for the Cards. Hope the team that played Mt Airy shows up Friday night. If they do then I'm going with them for the win.

Are all the kids healthy now?

Then why be a Richard to someone who had a thought about game times? I enjoy go and back and forth with you guys about teams and who’s the best, etc., but dang he was just expressing his thoughts on game time.

I didnt go to the N Stokes game, but to my knowledge everyone except 1 starter played against Alleghany. EW should be back to 100% for tomorrow night.
That's great news! Anxious to see how this game goes tomorrow night. Wish I could watch it live

Reactions: EWCards#1
What do they do at Mountain Heritage for people that need assistance?

They run a shuttle bus or two from the parking lot to the top for anyone that needs that assistance.
Thanks for the info. I'll leave the assistance to someone in a lot more need than myself. I am a little heavy but I think I'll manage. I dont care at all to walk was just curious where all they parked at. Is the lower lot there at the school the only means of parking?

Reactions: wncbowhunter
After digging up some film/highlights I will not be surprised to see EW walk out with a win: However, for tonight I am a homer. Mitchell by 2.

As far as Mountain Heritage parking, good luck, seriously it’s not good. Get there early. They do have 3-4 handicap spots close to the field for visitors but other than that……
They don’t call it “The pit” for nothing.

Go Mountaineers

Thanks for the info. I'll leave the assistance to someone in a lot more need than myself. I am a little heavy but I think I'll manage. I dont care at all to walk was just curious where all they parked at. Is the lower lot there at the school the only means of parking?
There is additional parking behind the home side in the field. Also booster parking going up to the stadium from the lot. And depending on crowd up and down access road.

Go Mountaineers

Reactions: EWCards#1
After digging up some film/highlights I will not be surprised to see EW walk out with a win: However, for tonight I am a homer. Mitchell by 2.

As far as Mountain Heritage parking, good luck, seriously it’s not good. Get there early. They do have 3-4 handicap spots close to the field for visitors but other than that……
They don’t call it “The pit” for nothing.

Go Mountaineers
What did you see on film that makes you think that?

Personally I think we will struggle up front. Inexperience and somewhat size disadvantage. We do have some speed and a FB that is a horse if healthy. (Played last 2 weeks so i think he's good to go) Unless the WR are just completely wide open or a lucky break, we have no passing game.

Again I know it's kinda dumb to say but there's others on here know exactly what I mean when I say it really depends on which team shows up. We could be very competitive or it could be a blowout loss.

What did you see on film that makes you think that?

Personally I think we will struggle up front. Inexperience and somewhat size disadvantage. We do have some speed and a FB that is a horse if healthy. (Played last 2 weeks so i think he's good to go) Unless the WR are just completely wide open or a lucky break, we have no passing game.

Again I know it's kinda dumb to say but there's others on here know exactly what I mean when I say it really depends on which team shows up. We could be very competitive or it could be a blowout loss..
Mitchell has had the same issues with how they play. They have been inconsistent at times and had turnover problems.
Mitchell has given up some big yards to teams with a good ground game. AOn film it looks as it that is EW. The backs hit the hole quickly and run hard. Just think it could be a very good ballgame.

Go Mountaineers

If Allegheny can hang close with Mitchell then I think EW can too. Will be pulling for Cardinals but would love a rematch with those Mounties.
The Allegheny game was one of those wncbowhunter was meationing were Mitchell shows were their inconsistent unforced errors they fumbled twice one deep in Allegheny territory and one just dropped while running towards the end zone they should have had a least two more TD's. But they'll need to play a clean game to beat a better East Wilkes team.
As far as a rematch don't know I'd call it that seeing half the players on both teams in the 2021 game has graduated so it's two different teams and to be honest I hope they make me eat crow but I don't believe Mitchell matches up with MA this time or anyone in the West but again another team might prove me wrong that's why they play the game there can be surprises.

Mitchell guys---- how's the parking at Mitchell? Looking at the map looks like you have to walk a ways to get to the field?
Depends on how early you get there or if someone is handicapped but yeah most parking is in the student parking which is a uphill walk to the stadium but once in the stadium unlike a lot visitor side you won't have any problem finding a seat probably the largest visitor seating in wnc. Dress warm I don't why but that stadium always feels colder than what the temperature shows in Bakerville.
bty don't know if you noticed but maxpreps now shows the game starting @7:30pm.

Depends on how early you get there or if someone is handicapped but yeah most parking is in the student parking which is a uphill walk to the stadium but once in the stadium unlike a lot visitor side you won't have any problem finding a seat probably the largest visitor seating in wnc. Dress warm I don't why but that stadium always feels colder than what the temperature shows in Bakerville.
bty don't know if you noticed but maxpreps now shows the game starting @7:30pm.
There is ample seating on visitors side. I enjoy bringing one of those camping type chairs and sitting on the visitors side bank.

McDowell I believe has the largest capacity in WNC if not the state. I was told 8-10k

Thanks for all the info guys. It will probably be 7:00 before I get there anyways. I dont know how big of a crowd will even come from us so definitely should have plenty of room. Hoping for a good ball game regardless of the outcome!

There is ample seating on visitors side. I enjoy bringing one of those camping type chairs and sitting on the visitors side bank.

McDowell I believe has the largest capacity in WNC if not the state. I was told 8-10k
Yeah I hope they don't put the metal benches on top of the concrete seats because you can actually seat a camper chair on one as they are now. But I guess I should have said one of the biggest.
McDowell all together home and visitor probably bigger but I'm not sure about the visitor side itself not sure because when we go there if you don't get there early enough I've seen no seats left before. One thing for sure you won't see any 1A in the state compared to Mitchell's capacity but of course we were 3A when it was built.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Mountaineer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT